Do you love me?

Do you love me?

 

Ring ding dong
Ring ding dong
Ring diggi ding diggi
Ding ding ding
 

I stopped the alarm clock and looked at the time: 8am. 1 hour before I’m leave for work (9am) and 1.5 hours before the start of work (9:30am).

Hi, I’m Ryeowook, 20 this year, a girl and I’m working at Baskin Robbins as a part time job.

I slowly woke up, stretch here and there before walked over to the washroom to take my bath.

I am so excited today. Finally I’m back to work after a week of exam break. I was looking forward to work with my favorite partner – Kyuhyun oppa - he is 25 this year. We had been working together since our first day of work about a year ago; we somehow clicked with each other and become best friend. Every time, our manager – Kangin oppa – will always put us together. His reason was because we clicked and helped up the sales. I had a crush or maybe infatuation on Kyuhyun oppa since that incident where I fainted because of overworked. He brought me over to the clinic and visited me at home almost every day. Since then I started to act differently around him and hoping he wouldn’t noticed that sudden blush when our skin come in contact suddenly while taking some plates or when we bumped into each when I didn’t notice him behind and turn with full force.

I left home at 9am since my journey to work took half an hour. For today shift, I will be doing the opening alone and Kyuhyun oppa will be coming in at 1030am.

I was doing some cutting of dry ice when, “Morning darling Wookie, finally you’re back.” What? Darling Wookie? Then he came over and give me a short hug; “Miss you.” Now, a hug? Is he sick or something? Calm down my heart. I smiled and answered, “Morning Oppa, feel nice to be back again.”

Work is work, so we start to do what necessary – cleaning, serving customer and etc. Half way through my shift when there is no customer queuing, Kyuhyun oppa called me, “ Wookie”, I tuned and gave him a smile, “do you love me?” I was so shocked and bluntly answered, “NO!” And he gave me that pout. Suddenly that air-conditioned workplace become too hot for me.

It is a common joke if they asked “do you miss me?”. I do get a lot from Donghae oppa or Yesung oppa but “do you love me?” is like too far fetch for a joke. I mean Donghae oppa and Yesung oppa do asked me if I love them or not, maybe because I’m the youngest there and I wouldn’t think other meanings because both are attached with our co-workers: Eunhyuk unnie and Sungmin unnie. I think we must blame Kangin oppa because he often put us (HAEHYUK, YEMIN and KYUWOOK) together in a shift and I guess feelings developed when you spent too much time together with each other. I’m close with all the workers, they are my bestfriend especially Eunhyuk unnie, Sungmin unnie and Leetuek unnie (Kangin oppa fiancé) so all of them know that I had a feeling for Kyuhyun oppa. Do they leak that secret out to him?

About half an hour later, “Wookie ah”, I turned and smile at him again, “do you love me?” What’s with Kyu oppa? “NO! Why should I?” Then he just chuckled softly and I continue doing my work, confused.

Few minutes later,  “Wookie?”

I started laughing, “What? Are you going to ask me the same question again?”

He chuckled and answered, “No but do you miss me? Do you dream about me?” WHAT?! A big question mark now!!!

“NO! Why should I?”

Although it feels weird, I still decided to take it as a joke since he is label as a prankster from our co-workers in the shop.

I left one hour more to the end of work while Kyuhyun oppa had two more hours. At this time, Donghae oppa already arrived to start his shift till closing and I guess Eunhyuk unnie will be coming later.

While Donghae oppa was busy serving the customers and I was cleaning up the mess I did at the back when Kyuhyun oppa came over.

“Wookie, do you love me?” What? Again?

“No.” I answered while laughing.

“Why?”

“Why should I? My love is for my love one.” It is not that I don’t love him but it just didn’t occur in my mind that he will like me.

Suddenly, he gave that anger aura and turned to look at me, he replied with that anger in hisvoice, “Why? Don’t you know that you have to love your friend like they are your neighbor?”

What’s this? Why with the sudden anger?

“What?” It was awkward. What with him?

I left him alone and went out to help Donghae oppa.

My shift over but I had to extend because Eunhyuk unnie will be late since she had to follow Kangin oppa to buy some ingredients at the super market for the shop.

I was busy cleaning the mess that Kyuhyun oppa made to build the cake, when he asked suddenly, with Donghae oppa in front of us because he decided to help too since there are no customers around.

“Wookie, do you consider dating me?”

What? Okay, breathe in, breathe out Wookie and pretend you didn’t hear it.

“Wookie, Kyu asking you out for date.” Donghae oppa repeated it LOUDLY! That exact moment, Kangin oppa and Eunhyuk unnie came back, “WHAT?!” Both of them shouted at the same.

I know my face now had turned to the brightest red that anyone knows.

I try slipping my way through to the front but then Kyuhyun oppa blocked me. We like inches apart, I can feel his breath on my face. I dare look at him and keep staring at the floor as if it is the most interesting thing ever.

He whispered directly at my ear, “Your shift ended and mine too. Let’s go for a date. After that, you can decide if you want to continue with this or not. Do you love me? Because I love you. Last week was a hell for me.” He gave me a kissed on the cheeks and left to get his bag.

I was shocked, stunned. My heart beats like there is tomorrow. My face is red. Kangin oppa, Donghae oppa and Eunhyuk unnie gave me that finally-you-guys-getting-together look and gave Kyuhyun oppa two thumbs up.

Kyuhyun oppa came back with his and mine bag in hand.

 “Bye hyung and noona!” Kyuhyun said and lightly grab my wrist and lead me out - that’s when I came back to earth.

I look at Kangin oppa, Donghae oppa and Eunhyuk unnie, bowed and followed closely beside Kyuhyun oppa.

Oppa, don’t worry about my answer – it will be a YES!

tumblr_mh7ge10J3H1rgqnvgo1_250.gif

tumblr_mh7ge10J3H1rgqnvgo5_250.giftumblr_mh7ge10J3H1rgqnvgo4_250.giftumblr_mh7ge10J3H1rgqnvgo6_250.gif