Chapter 1

Star-Crossed and Meant To Be

Junhyung smiled as he looked across the room and saw the beautiful woman lying in his bed. He quickly put on his clothes before he sat down on the bed. He poked her cheek and chuckled when she pouted. He waited patiently for her to open her eyes.

“Is it morning already?” she mumbled.

Junhyung scooted closer to her, kissing her lips.

“I’m leaving” he answered.

She sighed as she finally opened her eyes and looked at him. She smiled as she placed a small kiss on his lips. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand, she sat up.

“Wait” she said as she grabbed his arm.

She came closer and fixed his shirt collar.

“Are you going to be here tonight?” he asked.

She shook her head.

“I have to do the photo shoot tonight” she answered.

Junhyung gave a nod.

“Okay. Remember to eat” he said as he made his way out the bedroom.

She followed him to the front door and handed him his briefcase.

“I love you” she said.

He smirked.

“I love you too Hara.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yo! Junhyung you’re late!”

Junhyung grinned as his best friend, Jiyong, walked up to him with a big smile.

“I see you’re in a good mood” Junhyung replied.

Jiyong’s smile radiated.

“Let’s just say…it finally happened.”

Junhyung’s eyes widened a bit.

“You mean…” he started.

Jiyong nodded eagerly as he rubbed his hands together.

“Dara said yes. We’re officially engaged” Jiyong finished.

Junhyung gave his friend a brotherly hug as he congratulated him.

“Congrats man!”

“Thanks, but keep it quiet for now. We plan to announce it after we finish the upcoming fashion show.”

Junhyung nodded in understanding. Both Jiyong and he were clothing designers for a world renowned company. They had met when they were in middle school and had been best friends ever since. They did everything together. They went to the same schools, had the same job at the same company and they were even dating models that worked for the same agency.

Junhyung smiled as Jiyong began talking about his latest design. As Junhyung tuned him out, he looked around the office. He saw a woman walking with their boss. He nudged Jiyong .

 “Who is that?” Junhyung asked.

Jiyong smirked as he knew who Junhyung was talking about.

“Why are you asking? Thinking of putting the moves on her?” he teased.

Junhyung rolled his eyes.

“Idiot. I’m just curious. Don’t you remember who I am with?”

Jiyong laughed.

“So Hara hasn’t dumped you yet?” he asked in fake shock.

Junhyung frowned and Jiyong laughed once more as he patted his friend on the back.

“I’m joking” he said.

Junhyung shook him off. He looked over to the woman off in the distance.

“Anyway, that’s Lee Chaerin. She’s one of the new designers on the team.”

“She designs?” Junhyung asked.

He looked at her again. She looked quite young.

“Don’t let her face fool you. She’s our age and she is one of the best I have ever seen. She even worked with Jeremy Scott a few years ago.”

Junhyung couldn’t hide his surprise. If she was as talented as Jiyong had said, he was glad she was on the team.

“Come on. We have to get to the meeting” Jiyong said as he made his way over to the same room Junhyung had just seen his boss and the woman walk into.  

He could see her through the glass walls. She wore a simple pair of slacks with heels and a white long sleeve shirt. She was very fashionable indeed. Junhyung looked back up at her face and froze as she looked up and caught his gaze. She gave a small smile and a bow, before she turned away to focus on what she was currently doing. It took him by surprise. He almost smiled as her face flashed before his eyes. She had pretty eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “This will be our new designer, Lee Chaerin. Some of you may already know that for the past few years, she has been designing under Jeremy Scott. I contacted her a few months ago about the possibility of her contributing her talents. I’m a glad to say that not only will she be designing with us, she is also now part of our company. Chaerin why don’t you say a few words?” their boss said.

Chaerin gave a big smile as she bowed once more.

“Hello, I’m Lee Chaerin. It’s an honor to be part of this company and I look forward to working with everyone. Please treat me kindly and patiently. I’m a bit clumsy.”

They all laughed and welcomed her to the team with applause and kind words.

“Okay, well let’s get this meeting underway. Chaerin, please take a seat and we will get started” the boss said.

Junhyung watched as she looked around the room for an empty seat and even though there was one right next to him, he didn’t say anything. He looked down at his paper work, trying to concentrate on the words. He felt the chair beside him move and he glanced over, frowning slightly as Jiyong smiled at him as he scooted closer to the table. Junhyung scanned the room and saw Chaerin had sat near the front, right next to Zico, one of the company’s photographers. He watched as they smiled to each other. Junhyung had to admit that she had a very nice smile. It didn’t bother him that he was suddenly very interested in her features. After all, it was his job. He looked for prospective models and he made them clothes. He was only appreciating what Chaerin had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junhyung sighed as he leaned back in his chair. He looked at his watch and shook his head. It was late, almost 11 pm. Everyone had pretty much gone home but not him. He always stayed late. His apartment was difficult to work in when he had this much work. Everyone was busy with the upcoming fashion show and they were each dealing with it in their own way.

Junhyung spun his chair around so he was facing the glass window in order to look out into the office. It was then that he noticed the door to the dressing room was open and the light was on. He saw a shadow move across the door and he stood from the shock. He relaxed as he told himself that it was obvious someone who was also working late. Junhyung stretched and yawned as he made his way out of the office. He might as well see who it was that was working so late. He made his way over to the big dressing room and peeked inside. He could hear muttering. He raised an eyebrow as he heard a few curses. Finally he walked in and knocked on the door.

He saw her jump, her head hitting the drawer door above her head. She turned to look at him.

 “Are you okay?” he asked, suddenly feeling very guilty.

Chaerin winced as she touched her head.

“I think so” she finally replied.

Junhyung looked around the room. She had been in here a while. There were various fabrics all over and mannequins with various clothes on.

“I’m Yong Junhyung” he suddenly said.

Chaerin smiled a bit.

“Lee Chaerin” she replied.

She held out her hand to him and he slowly shook it. Junhyung walked around the room, his eyes glued to the clothes on the mannequin. He liked them…a lot. They were fresh and very much in style. The colors complimented each other well and the whole piece had an edge to it.

“You do great work” he said as he lightly touched a dress.

He turned his head to look at her. She was suddenly right beside him, looking at the same dress. He watched her expression.

“Thank you…but I still have a long way to go” she replied.

Junhyung watched as her eyes roamed over the entire dress. They lit up when she saw certain areas but they also hardened as they spotted flaws. He had never seen someone analyze details like this.

“So you’re a perfectionist like me” he said.

She smiled and nodded with pride.

“It’s a part of me that I am giving to someone. I only give my best” she replied.

Junhyung stared at her. It surprised him that they could have the same mind set. For them, this was more than just a job. It was their passion, their life.

His phone suddenly rang. He quickly answered it as he turned away from her.

“Hello?”

“Are you still at the office?”

He smiled to himself. He loved the sound of Hara’s voice.

“Yeah…are you still at the shoot?” he asked.

He heard Hara yawn.

“I’ve been here for almost 5 hours. We still have a few more outfits to try on. The other models are starting to feel tired too. Can’t you tell these slave drivers to back off a little?” Hara asked.

Junhyung smiled wider.

“I wish I could. Work hard, understand? I won’t be able to pick you up. I have too much work.”

Hara blew a raspberry.

“Understood. Go home and sleep when you’re done” she said.

He ended the phone call soon and looked back at Chaerin, surprised that she was no longer in the room. Suddenly she came in carrying two cups of coffee. She wordlessly handed one to him and he took it gratefully.

They drank their coffee in silence. Occasionally, Junhyung would find himself glancing at Chaerin as she continued to look over her dresses. The minutes passed by and before long, it was already midnight. Without realizing, he had spent his time studying her, forgetting about his own work. He sighed and she turned to look at him. He noticed the look of surprise on her face. She had completely forgotten he was there. He had to admit that it hurt his pride.

“It’s midnight” he voiced.

Chaerin glanced at her cellphone and sighed when she saw the time. They stood in silence. It was like a game, neither wanted to be the first one to give up.

 “Are you going home anytime soon?” she suddenly asked.

Junhyung put the coffee down as he turned to her. He didn’t want to go anywhere.

“No” he responded.

“Would you like to help me with the dresses? Afterwards I will help you in your own work.”

She held her hand out to him for another handshake.

“Friends help out their friends, right?” she asked.

She gave him a hopeful smile. He knew he didn’t look like the most approachable person but he appreciated that she was so forward. He nodded his head and grabbed her hand with his own. He gave it a gently squeeze and slowly let go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The days passed and as the day of the fashion show neared, Junhyung found the office more and more crowded at night. A flash went off and he snapped out of his thoughts. He looked around and realized he was down in the studio. Hara was off in the distance, striking a pose and he smiled.

“Is that your girlfriend?”

Junhyung jumped and there was a small laugh. He turned to his left and saw Chaerin standing next to him with a smile on her face. He noticed how tired her eyes looked but they still shined brightly.

“Did I scare you?” she asked.

Over the few days, they were quick to become friends. They had so much in common it was kind of hard not to be friends.

“You just creep out of nowhere” he replied.

She laughed once more and he smiled.

“Oh! You smiled…”

Junhyung quickly raised his hand to cover his mouth.

“And?” he challenged.

Chaerin laughed softly.

“You hardly smile. I have to remind myself that you actually can smile” she replied.

He frowned and she shook her head. She turned her attention over to Hara, her eyes widening a bit.

“Wow, she is really good. Her figure is no joke and her poses are strong.”

Junhyung hid his smile as Chaerin continued to praise his girlfriend.

“You are extremely lucky Junhyung.”

He cleared his throat but Chaerin grinned.

“She could do better than you” she teased.

“I’m older than you” he simply replied as he glared at her, trying to intimidate her.

“By two months” she responded.

Junhyung was about to reply but a sudden tug at his arm caught his attention. He turned and saw Hara. He smiled.

“Are you done?” he asked.

“Yes” she replied with a smile of her own.

“Let’s go get something to eat” he voiced.

“Thank goodness” she sighed as she rubbed her flat stomach.

Junhyung smiled at her cuteness. He suddenly remembered Chaerin but when he turned back to her, she was gone. He looked around the large studio.

“What’s wrong?” Hara asked.

Junhyung ignored the question and continued to look around. He finally spotted Chaerin off by the models. She was talking to Dara.

“I wanted you to meet someone…but she is busy.”

Hara looked in the direction he was looking at.

“Who?” she asked.

She caught sight of Chaerin and gasped, her grip tightening around Junhyung’s arm.

“Is that CL?!” she asked.

Junhyung looked at her in confusion.

“CL?” he asked.

“Well her real name is Lee Chaerin but when she was designing for Jeremy Scott she went by CL. I love her clothes!!”

Junhyung laughed.

“That’s great. She was the person I wanted you to meet. She’s part of our company now.”

Hara couldn’t hide her excitement. Junhyung continued to look at Chaerin, hoping she would stop being busy so she could meet Hara. Finally, he sighed and turned to Hara.

“Maybe next time, Hara. Come on” he said as he led them out of the studio.

Chaerin looked over as she saw Junhyung walk across the room. She sighed as she turned her attention back to Dara.

“What’s wrong?” Dara asked.

Chaerin shrugged her shoulders.

“Junhyung has a girlfriend, you and Jiyong are together…It’s just that, I’m in my mid-twenties and I have no one.”

Though it was sad, she said it with a smile. Dara patted Chaerin on the shoulder.

“It will happen, don’t worry. Before I met Jiyong, I was single for five years.”

Chaerin laughed.

“Thanks…that helps.”

Dara smiled as she looked over Chaerin’s shoulder. She put her arm around Chaerin and brought her close.

“I think you might have a boyfriend soon” she said.

Chaerin raised an eyebrow but Dara said nothing else. She wasn’t about to tell Chaerin that Zico had been checking her out for a few minutes now. Chaerin on the other hand cast another look at the door that Junhyung had left through before she shook her head and continued to show Dara the dresses that she was going to model.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not an exciting first chapter…but I’m trying =) Thanks to everyone who subscribed so far! Like I said, this will be a short story, only a few chapters long. I will update at least once a week so please subscribe and comment!!