Sweet,Sweet Pastries.

Rolling In the Dough

 

In the dull morning a golden ray appears early in the sky, it casts sunbeams in every direction and illuminated their small room. Luhan stared out of the glass panes as the colours made by the rising sun changed, growing more vivid with the passing time. It made the sky more radiant as it climbed higher and higher into the sky. But as scenic as the morning was, there was something more beautiful he had to attend to.

With the stealth of a cat, Luhan steadily, little by little crawled over Jongins body. The dark-haired boy was asleep eyelids closed against the dim light of dawn and his breathing deep and relaxed, all the muscles in his face and body were totally at peace; the innocence shown on the sleeping face almost makes Luhan change his mind and cuddle Jongins face off. He wriggles around to make sure they were attached waist to waist. It’s time to attack.

Jongins eyes snap wide open and he unwillingly lets out loud guffaws when he feels his sides being tickled. Luhan snickers along as well because Jongins laugh is the most infectious thing and the room is soon filled with pearls of laughter.

“Are you going to wake up now?”

His chest still heaving, Jongin whines and squishes Luhan closer, so that they’re now entangled in never-ending warmth. It’s too early to wake up. Luhans can feel his resolve almost breaking as he brushes his lips lightly over Jongins eyelids. He grins cheekily when eyes groggily open once more and glare at him.

“You need to get up. Baby you know I can’t do this without you.”

Jongin groans and fists the soft material of Luhans shirt before burying his face in Luhans neck hiding away from Luhans soft kisses. Feeling disgruntled with his sleep Jongin moans for more sleep.

“But I’m tired.”

Luhan doesn’t even need to see the pout. He kisses Jongins neck.

“I know, I’m sorry. But hey, if you get up today...we can just lie in bed all day tomorrow.”

“You said that yesterday, and the day before and the day before.”

Jongin removes his face from Luhans neck, long eyelashes sweeping across Luhans cheeks as he does so. The eldest coos when Jongin rubs his knuckles into his eyes to drive the sleep away. Luhan grins sheepishly and the first thing Jongin sees when he’s wide awake and alert is a warm and happy Luhan doing a v sign for victory.

“And now I’m saying it today,"he sing-songs.

Growling Jongin kicks the cover off both of them and rolls them off the bed unto the plush carpet and urgh morning breath but all else is forgotten as kisses grow more urgent. As their lips pull apart, breaths come out in short, desperate gasps. The rest of the world is slowly coming back into focus and they both titter like little school children as they roll into the bathroom to start a brand new day together.

-                 

Even though Luhan clicks his tongue in exasperation, it’s fond exasperation. Because he can never get annoyed or feel anything negative at Jongin. Especially right now when Jongin marks his cheeks with flour and pretends he’s a mouse, this Jongin, stupid and smiley is his favourite and is his.

 Luhan loves baking. The feel of the dough changing character under my hands is always like a kind of magic, like alchemy. However nothing can compare to baking bread, fresh pastries and cakes with the one you love. Jongin throws flour at Luhan – he misses- and commands Luhan to stop looking so adorable and delectable.Its not fair because once in a while Luhan will wipe his brow causing his shirt to slide up and that distracts Jongin from finishing his masterpiece. Luhan rolls his eyes because Jongin is doing anything but work.

That cinnamon crinkle crumb cake could have been finished twenty minutes ago.

“Can’t you knead dough?” Luhan teases as he saunters over.”I’ll help you.” Jongin shivers at the warm breath,near his ear and leans back into Luhan chest.

The dough is kneaded in between interlocked fingers.

When all is ready there are bagels in shiny layered rows, topped with seeds and onions. In the glass case, sugar sparkles like snow on the cinnamon twists, jelly donuts gleam in their translucent icing. Brown bread, in big round loaves, puts forth it's aroma of wholesome goodness. It's warm inside. It smells like yeast, cinnamon and frying fat.

And they've still got 30 minutes to spare before they open the shop. Luhan feels like he is walking on air as he brushes off the white icing off Jongins cheek. Jongin grins back, the smile that graces Jongin face is so big, and he resembles a toothy lack-o-lantern. Luhan can’t help but swoop Jongin up into his arms; Jongin is sweeter tasting than Rollin’ in the Dough’s traditional chocolate cookie made with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Jongin makes everything better.

Their life is a pastry dough twisted and braided with simple flavours. They don’t have everything, just a simple house and a simple life.Luhan’s the butter and Jongins the freshly ground pecans coated with light sugar syrup with extra added aegyo for sweetness.

After all Jongin does make everything better.

----------------------------------------------------

...i enjoy writing fluff way too much ;; thanks  for reading<3

Brushfire~