Goodbye

Single Tear

A/N: Thank you for subscribing!! :)

 

I watched from afar as my best friend got married.

 

---------------

We met in elementary. I was the new kid in class, and no one approached me. They were polite, but none of them ever befriended me. But my best friend did. My best friend didn't care, I was asked to join in playing a friendly game of dodgeball , and instantly we hit it off.

We were complete opposites. My friend was loud. I was quiet. I was very studious. My friend was not. I liked red. My friend liked blue. But we looked past that, and a beautiful friendship blossomed. And unaware of it, over the years I fell in love with my best friend. However, my love was never returned.

-----------------

I watched the entire ceremony, in agony. Knowing that I would lose my beloved best friend, my love. It pained me not being able to express what I felt.
How could i let the love of my life slip away? Why did I never confess my feelings? Im so stupid! So badly I wanted to just scream, and tell them to end this ridiculous wedding. Please....don't get married. Stay with me. Love me instead... But I could not. I did not. I kept my silence. Standing but mere feet away from them, painfully waiting for the vows.



I but nearly lost it when she entered, looking beautiful and elegant in her white dress.  She looked beyond words, her short hair framing her face beautifully, no doubt that any guy would fall in love with her. That thought only reminding me, that of course he would fall in love with her, anyone in their right mind would fall for her sweet and caring personality let alone her charming ways, making both guys and girls want her, leaving me alone and heartbroken.

 

They met at college. Neither ever cared what other people thought of them, nor did they mind standing out. Something that always separated my best friend and I. Now, looking at their faces, I could see the excitement in both of them. Neither aware of the excruciating hurt they were causing me by going thru with this ceremony. He had only eyes for her. No one else. Not even the priest. Throughout the entire ceremony, he maintained his wide, caring smile, all while sharing glances with her.
She was nearly bouncing off the walls with delight that she'd be marrying him, only breaking my heart once more.
Every time she'd catch him glancing at her, she would give him one of her famous smiles, only causing him to smile wider.

Glancing about the church, I noticed how her parents were almost in tears, happy that their kind, yet boyish daughter finally found someone who loves her. It made me think, how would they react if someone interrupted their beloved daughters ceremony? How upset would they be with that person? But I shook that thought away; I didn't have the heart to break her parents dream of seeing their little girl finally getting married, instead allowing my heart being shattered by the fact that my best friend, my love, would be marrying someone else.
Why did you make me believe i had a chance?



I would not permit my self self to shed any tears. No longer will I be dwelling on what could have been. I lost my chance,  we were not meant to be. Kibum would marry Amber. I must accept that and live with it. I must move on.

I quietly stood up, not wanting to disturb this precious ceremony, making my way to the outer end of the bench, pausing, taking one last look at the alter, one last look at the happy soon to be newlyweds, and quickly turned towards the back of the church where I would walk out leaving my past and best friend behind.

As I walked down the steps of the church, I made my way towards my car, a single tear unknowingly rolling down my cheek.


It was nice knowing and having you as a best friend. Thank you for everything, goodbye Kibum, goodbye for good.

 

End



A/N:*I hope it wasn't too confusing >< I had trouble writing down what I wanted without it sounding like nonsense, and im sorry its short. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, COMMENTS ARE LOVED! ^^