Don't go.

Sincerely, Your Cupid

Chanhee's POV

I've begun to grow accustomed to L.Joe's existence, even at the crack of midnight, where I was certain he'd get tired of staying beside my bed, watching the wall's paint fade before him. But it was at that specified time that he had always planted his hand onto my forehead, as an attempt to comfort me, I suppose. He always knew I wasn't sleeping, nor was I trying to, and he never urged me to either, he only rooted himself close to me, waiting for the sun to rise again.

It was then that I had nearly forgotten the haunting feeling of loneliness, as if he had driven it away with his mere being. And I'm sure he did. After all, there wasn't one moment where he didn't stick beside me. 

But I was still unsure if it was due to being my cupid, or due to blatant pity.

Although, I didn't want to know. I didn't want to question only to fall asleep to an imaginary image of his figure, and wake up to absolutely nothing.

I didn't want him to go.

He was the only one who's been around me for so long, and hasn't gotten tired of it yet, or he might've and just refused to think anything of it. Either way, I was unconditionally content with his mere presence.

"So shall we start looking?" I called out from across my room to L.Joe, who was resting on the other side. He had been fishing through each and every one of the comic books I owned since I was a child, amused at the illustrations within them, and seemingly lost in the accented lines. "L.Joe-yah. I said 'Shall we start looking?!'" 

Replying with a startle, the cupid's head turned to face me, "Looking for what exactly, huh?"

"Your memories, stupid."

"And how the hell are we supposed to find those?"

"Not sure, but we're not going to find anything in here. Might as well travel the city, right?"

After settling his skeptical gaze on me, he shook his head again, "The city's too big. And I might've not even been born here. Who knows where I came from?"

"Hm. I did tell you that you look familiar, right? Maybe you attended my school."

"I have blond hair, Chanhee-yah. If I attended your school, don't you think I would've been more than just familiar?"

And for a moment, I believed him. Maybe who I saw in him was just someone I wanted to know. Maybe I didn't even know him at all. Maybe I just wished I did.

But the other side of me refused to let go of his familiar features, like I was supposed to know him, but I didn't have a clue. There'd been a lot of disappearances within my school, but they were all due to transfering, I think. Teachers never tell us anything anymore. They could all have died for all that I know of.

"If it makes you feel less lonely though, I'll go to school with you." He spoke again, a mocking tone in his voice which only presented him with a knock to the head from my pillow. 

"Yah, what did I tell you about talking about it?" 

"No one can hear me and you're still conscious about that? Let it go." He retorted, lifting one of my own books as a threat to toss it towards me. 

I scrunched up my face in discomfort, scrambling off of my bed and towards him, "Sometimes I'm glad no one else can see you." I started, snatching my pillow from him, "So no one else has to suffer looking at you."

"Ha." What was meant to be a joke backfired terribly as a grin expanded across his lips, his eyes never left mine, "Or maybe you just want me all to yourself."

As shocked as I was from hearing those words, my cheeks couldn't help but warm up, yet my expression admitted no defeat, "Not even in your dreams."

Even though it might've been true, at the slightest at least, I knew I didn't want to share, even if he was just a Cupid. And nothing more but that.

Because no one has ever stayed with me for so long,

But even I know

that he won't either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Short chapter, but I wanted to try and get back on track with these again. Anywho, I'll be sure to update this one more often because I actually really like it. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WELCOMED ME BACK!