Back home*

More than words.

"Dear passengers we will be landing now. Please put on your seatbelts and relax. We want to thank you for flying with us. We hope you have a save trip..."

I heard the voice speaking. I put on my seatbelt and turned up the music louder so I couldn’t hear the voice anymore. I closed my eyes and leaned back on my sit.

I felt my father shaking my hand slightly. I opened my eyes and put down my headphones.

"We are here honey. Let’s go."  My dad smiled and stud up.

*Here we go now.* I thought.

I followed him close behind with my eyes glued on my shoes.

I knew we entered the airport as I heard people talking and laughing joyfully. I turned up the music again and picked up my bags. I really didn’t care about the world right now. I followed my dad outside as he called a taxi to drive us. 

I didn’t say a word the whole trip, and I couldn’t take a second without music flowing through my ears.

The car stopped and I opened my eyes. I saw a nice small house surrounded by a beautiful garden and a house on each side. I saw my grandma and grandpa coming through the doors with a smile on their face. It’s been so long since I last saw them, I smiled brightly and this time I wasn’t faking it.

First I bowed and then they pulled me into a warm hug.

My grandma looked deep into my eyes and put one hand on my check.

"You look so much like your beautiful mother, you have her eyes."

She said and I felt her hand shake a little. I smiled at her statement and slightly nodded my head. 

"Come on let’s get you two inside. I bet you’re starving, I made some kimchi."

The house immediately felt like home. I remember the fireplace and the wooden table since I was a child. 

I didn’t feel like eating so I excused myself and walked up to my room. I put my heavy bags down and laid on my bed. The smell of it reminded me of my childhood.

I slowly drifted into deep sleep. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hello there! ;)

So first of all I want to thank you for reading my story.. <3

Second of all, I decided to write this story in first person because it makes it easier for me to write and I think it is better to read also.

So please enjoy my story, I will update soon and I promise next time it's gona be a longer one. 

Comment & Subscribe <3 

~ Nisha