Prologue

Bringing Up Ilayda

 

Minwoo had a normal life, a cocky teenager known for his aegyo. Older girls love him for his cute and bubbly personality, younger wants him for his cool image. Minwoo is Mr. Popular and like most popular guys, he flirts with just about anyone. Well this was Minwoo’s normal life but it changed one day when 2 girls knocked on his front door.

 

“Who is it?”  Minwoo opened the door and his eyes went wide seeing who his visitor was.

 

The girl smiled weakly at him and asked if she could enter, Minwoo nodded. The girl entered with a toddler tagging along. They took a seat on the sofa and the atmosphere became awkward. The girl looked down on her lap, trying to piece the right words to say.  Minwoo just looked at her with a confused expression.

 

“Omma, I’m hungry.” The little girl muttered while tugging the sleeve of her mother’s blouse. “Oh, Ilayda. Uhm let me get your milk.” The girl muttered while searching for the kid’s feeding bottle. She found the bottle and took out a pre-measured milk canister and poured the powder in the bottle.

 

“Minwoo-ssi, can I get some warm water?”  The girl asked and Minwoo led her to the kitchen.

 

She thanked him after getting the right amount of water for the kid’s milk. She then shook the bottle and checked the temperature of the milk. She then returned to Ilayda and gave her the milk. The kid was delighted with the treat and she happily drank from bottle.

 

“Is she...” Minwoo started and the girl finished for him “Your daughter.” Minwoo’s eyes widened with shock, he has a daughter.

 

“HyunMi.. I can’t possibly be.. We only did it once.” Minwoo blurted out and the Hyunmi was taken aback. “I’m not a to give myself to just anybody.” Hyunmi retorted. “I’m sorry” Minwoo responded.

 

Hyunmi sighed and looked at Ilayda. “Ilayda aegi, finished?” Hyunmi asked and the kid nodded cutely. “Say goodbye to Minwoo-ssi.” Hyunmi instructed and the cute girl obliged. “Annyeong ahjussi.” Ilayda bowed and gave her aegyo, Minwoo can’t help but smile at her cuteness.

 

Hyunmi stood and Ilayda followed her. They were about to leave when Minwoo asked. “So what do you want me to do?” Hyunmi looked at him and replied. “I’m just informing you; I thought you ought to know about her.” Hyunmi then bowed and left him to wonder.

 

 


 

A/n: I’ll leave it here... So hopefully I would be able to continue this one.