Chapter 3

Falling For My Best Friend

Finally ready, I walked into the kitchen. "Do we have anything good to eat, or did you forget to go to the supermarket again?" I asked Ryan, stomach rumbling. Yes, we lived together. It's one of those things that you and your best mate say you will do when you're 13 years old, but it never turns out that way. But in our case; it did.

"Uhhm...." He rushed to the pantry, stared for a few moments and then walked over to the fridge, and looked in there too. He let out a sigh.

"McD's it is then?" Damn, all this fast food wasn't healthy. But then again, I actually love it, so I don't know why I'm complaining.

"Yeah, sorry..."

"No worries. C'mon, the guys will murder us for being this late. Who's car?"

"Mine?" His face lit up, I could tell he has missed driving that thing. The car has been giving him a few problems lately, but he finally got it all sorted. He really loves his car though, so why not make him happy?

"Sure"

"Yes!" He snatched his keys from the table and bolted to the door. I just smiled to myself, grabbed my phone and went after him. Oh that Ryan, how he makes me smile...

I turned the radio on. I can never go a car ride without listening to music, even if it is just around the corner. My favourite song came on, so I started singing quietly to myself. A wide grin formed on Ryan's face.

I blushed "Am I really that bad?" I asked, looking down. Jeez, this is awkward...

"Not at all!" He quickly replied, "I just think it's...cute, that's all...." now it was his turn to blush. Actually, we both did. There was an awkward silence, so I turned up the radio. *Cute? He thinks I'm cute? Well, my singing? He's never said something like that to me before! I mean, in a joking matter sure, we have those all the time! And, he blushed! Ugh! Why am I getting so caught up other this? It meant nothing, Cass. Nothing.* I frowned and looked out the window.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking."

"Oh. Hey, we're here." The car gradually came to a stop. I tried opening the door, it wouldn't budge. 

"What the freak? Ryan, what is wrong with your car??"

"You push it upwards, idiot."

"Oh. Yeah. Right." He just laughed

"Man Cass, you are just too perfect!" He kept laughing as he got out of the car. "Now hurry up, Hok has probably got a knife waiting for us, we're real late!"

"Dammit..." I sighed and followed him into Quest Learning Centre. Oh dang, we forgot to drive thru and McDonalds! Great, now I have to wait until after practice. I sighed again, and continued walking.