Two

Breaking The Red Thread of Fate

 

Taecyeon drove back to the flower shop after finishing his last delivery to pick up another one. Three weeks has passed since he finally met Yoona. It still bothers him but he’s slowly getting over the fact that the girl he loved so much is marrying someone else. It still breaks his heart but he overcame it.

“You’ve been working hard for the past week. Are you alright?” the owner asked, worried about his health.

“I’ll be fine.” He smiled after taking off again.

“The wedding is in three weeks,” She continued, not aware of his breaking heart. She didn’t quiet know why she’s telling him all that.

“See you,” she bid her farewell before leaving the café.

“It’s today,” he mumbled as he drove through the city. Along the way, his motorcycle suddenly broke down.

“Now what.” He sighed and picked up the bouquet, leaving the vehicle parked alongside the road. He hurried to the destination, worrying about the time.

After finally arriving, he entered the building carrying a bouquet of flowers. To his surprise, he delivered the flowers for her.


Final Chapter: The person I continued loving


“Thank you,” a staff took the bride’s bouquet and took it to the bride’s side. Taecyeon was, once again, frozen starring at the bride who was waiting for the wedding to begin. She looked especially beautiful with the wedding dress but unfortunately he wasn’t the groom. He turned around with a clutching fist and left the building without a word. Yoona knew it was him but couldn’t take a glance at him. It would only hurt her.

 

Taecyeon took another look at the building after fleeing. He ran as fast as he could as the thoughts of coming back went through his mind. He stopped as he felt the snow started falling above his head. Soon, the city was covered in white snow as the weather began to get colder. The city was crying with him.

“Im Yoona, do you take Lee Donghae whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded husband, covenanting to be true to him, to love, cherish, and honour him, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?” the preached asked, Yoona looked at her soon-to-be husband beside her as he looked back at her.

Yoona searched through the white city, still wearing her wedding dress that is now covered in snow. She ignored the people who stared at her as she continues to run in order to find him. She didn’t cared neither about the falling snow on her nor about how cold it was for the only thing she cared was finding him – the person she couldn’t stop loving.

“I’m sorry,” she said in a whisper. Donghae watched her run away from the ceremony as everyone else also did. They could only watch in shock.
“Yoona,” she stopped before opening the door, “Are you going to be happy?” she nodded at his question with a smile, without looking back and hesitation.
“Then I can’t stop you,” He smiled as he watched her go out of the wedding. Knowing Yoona, he knew she didn’t love him. He knew her heart still belonged to him.

She continued wondering around, hoping to see him again. She stopped to catch her breath only to breathe in the cold breeze. He looked at her freezing back in a daze, he didn’t know if he was delusional or not. The girl he loves appeared in front of him once again.

“Yoona…?” she turned around at the familiar voice she’d been longing to hear. After confirming that it was her in front of him, they stared at each other’s faces before running to give each other a tight hug. A hug they didn’t want to end.

Soon, Taecyeon broke the hug and looked straight into her eyes.

“Why are you here?” after realizing it, he asked.

“I love you,” it was the only answer Yoona could give him. They both broke to tears as their lips meets one another. Their love never faded, it was only hidden and wasn’t spoken of.


The Red Thread of Fate: “An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.”


 

End