One

Breaking The Red Thread of Fate

 

It has already been a month since Taecyeon moved out from his hometown and went to the city. It wasn’t easy for a province guy to live in a city but soon he adjusted to the nature and the way of living there. It wasn’t easy but he overcame it. There, he lives with his friend in an apartment, in which the rent is affordable, and works in a flower shop as a delivery guy.

“I’m going out for awhile!” he shouted before closing the door and proceeding to the nearest café. The bell rang as he enters, getting welcomed by a waitress he smiled.

“Whoa,” the waitress beamed, “You’re here often.” It was his good friend, Jia.

Taecyeon chuckled, “I need to get rid of my stress and besides, I have nothing to do at home.” He took a seat where he could watch the busy city outside. Jia could only smile and went back to get Taecyeon’s usual order, cappuccino. Patiently, he waited for his drink and watched the outside world, resting his head on his hand lazily. It was a peaceful day for him.

“Here you go,” Jia came back to give him his drink with a smile. Placing the cup on the table, Taecyeon thanked her and slowly stirred his warm coffee. Jia went back again to assist the other costumers. The bell rang once again as a young lady enters. The bell sound caught Taecyeon’s attention and looked at the person who entered like usual. He shook his head and squinted his eyes and looked at the person again. She looked rather familiar to him. As the girl walks near his table and could finally see her up close, he was frozen and was dazed as he continued to stare at the person.

After reassuring that it was the right person, he grabbed her wrist, “Yoona…” his voice was trembling as he spoke. Yoona stared back at him. She couldn’t believe it; she thought she’d never see him again.

“Long time no see,” she smiled. His eyes fell on her left hand, in which he saw a ring around her finger. She noticed his gaze on her engagement ring and slipped out of his grip.


First Chapter: The person who used to love me


“She’s here?” Nichkhun questioned as he listens to Taecyeon. He couldn’t say anything that would cheer his friend up. He knew how Taecyeon longs for her and how he tried so hard to forget her that he’d go crying every night about her. The girl, who is now engaged, appeared in front of him.

“Are you okay?” that was the only thing he could ask. Taecyeon still could not speak, but could only nod to him. He stood up from the couch and gave his depressed friend a pat on the back before heading out. Leaving him to think for himself was the only option he had. He knew Taecyeon likes being a lone at times like these.

“How have you been?” he asked, looking at surface of the table for he couldn’t bring himself to look at her face without breaking down.
“I’ve been well,” she gave him a quick respond as it became quiet again. A few minutes passed, none of them spoke. They could only listen to each other’s silence.
“I’m getting married.” Yoona broke it out to him slowly.
“Really?” he forced a smile, “Congrats.”
Right at that moment, he fell apart.

“Damn it,” he threw his anger and devastation by punching the couch over and over, “Damn it all!” after letting it all out, he couldn’t stop the tears escaping from his eyes.

 

“How is Taec?” Jia asked.

“What do you think? Of course, he’s not okay.” Knowing Taecyeon better than anyone, Nichkhun was sure of his answer, “He’s probably crying right now.”

They both fell into silence as they stopped walking by the Han River. They both knew very well that Taecyeon wouldn’t want to cry with them around.

“Let’s leave him by himself for now,” Nichkhun suggested, Jia nodded in agreement.