Tonight

Tonight

Song Jina felt a pair of strong arms wrapping her waist from behind. A soft voice whispers,

“Saengil chukkahamnida, chagiya”

Jung Yunho rested his head on Jina’s shoulders. Yunho leaned closer to her so that their faces are only inches apart, then he kissed her lips sweetly.

“How’d you get here?” Jina asked, surprised, but grateful that her boyfriend had come.

“I just told my father that I’m going somewhere for a while and will come back soon. Besides, it’s Sunday tomorrow,” he said, smiling.

“But still, at midnight?”

“I want to be the first person to congratulate you on your birthday,” he let go of her, and grab her by the hand. “Now come on, I have to show you something.”

“Ya, where are we going?” Jina is filled with curiosity.

“You’ll see in a while,” he said, winking at her mischievously.

 

When finally Yunho's car stopped at a park nearby, Jina couldn't be more puzzled.

"Really. Here?" Jina asked, smirking.

Yunho just smiled and dragged her to the park. It's twelve past thirty-three - it's dark and no one is in the park except for the two of them.

"Take my hand, hold me tight, and take a rest in my heart so that you might feel the heat shimmering in."

When they reached the center of the park, hands still intertwined, there's something Jina never expected to happen. Suddenly lanterns of various shapes, sizes and colours lit up the park. She didn't know how much and exactly how Yunho managed to plan and prepare all this. For her.

"How did you - "

"I told you so," Yunho smirked and raised one eyebrow, giving Jina his one-million dollar smile.

But then, it's almighty Jung Yunho. He can do anything he sets his mind on to.

Then out of nowhere, a soft ballad song begins to play.

It was one of the best moments in her life - when everything was perfect, when everything is in place, when everything is what it’s supposed to be.

Yunho circled his hands around Jina’s waist. Jina put her hands around Yunho’s neck. They waltzed slowly along with the song, enjoying every single note.

Their heads were practically touching now. The two were smiling – it’s obvious they’re having a really great time together. Yunho twirled her around, and Jina spinned gracefully, throwing her head back.

When the song ended, Yunho knelt on one knee, and gave Jina a bouquet of tulips.

"Why didn't you give me a bouquet of roses?" Jina asked, confused. "You know, like those guys who tried to be romantic in films or novels?"

"You ever said once," he said, "that you don't like roses, because it's beautiful but has many thorns. While you are enjoying the beauty of the rose, without you knowing you can get punctured by the thorn. And it's painful; you knew, because you ever had. That's why I didn't gave you a bouquet of roses, like in movies or novels."

A blush appeared on Jina's cheeks. "You remembered," she said, grateful that Yunho didn't forget.

"Of course I do. How can I not?"

 

Stolen my soul, stolen my heart

I'm filled with you so much that I can't breathe

Like a small child caught in the rain

Like the love sprinkled on the earth

Like tonight.....

 

When Yunho finished singing, Jina's eyes are watering. She just wanted to cry, to hug Yunho so tightly, to thank him for everything and to tell him how much she loves him. She has never been so touched her whole life. She is just so grateful for having Yunho as a boyfriend.

"Yunho-ah. Let's just stay like this forever," Jina said. They were sitting on a park bench, and Jina is resting her head on Yunho's shoulders. The lanterns are still lit up, which made the scene seems magical.

"We should probably go home. Beside's, it's too cold outside. You can catch a cold," Yunho said.

But Jina shakes her head. "Nu-uh, I want to stay here. If we stay close to each other, we will never feel cold," she said, cuddling closer to Yunho.

"Okay, if that's what you want, then," Yunho said. When he turned around to take a look at Jina, she was already asleep. Yunho smiled to himself. He take off his jacket and put in on Jina, so she would feel warmer.

Not long after that, Yunho fell asleep himself.

 

Your embrace is warm like the early morning sunlight

Now I know why those people are saying "love is blind"

I believe my heart belongs to you. I love you more than I do