생일 선물 (Birthday Gift)

생일 선물 (Birthday Gift)

 

"Jina-ya, see you in three days!" Siwon waves to Jina, who's waiting outside the airport. 

 

"Bye, Oppa! Take care!" 

 

Jina slowly walks back to her car. Looks like she'll be alone again on her birthday this year. It was the same last year when Siwon had to go to Paris for a concert. Now he has to go to Hong Kong. 

 

Jina opens her car and steps inside. She sits there, remembering the days before Siwon debuts. 

 

A hand covers her eyes from behind and Jina screams. She hears laughter and immediately turns around. 

 

"Oppa!" She shouts, playfully hitting his arm, "You scared me."

 

Siwon laughs again and takes something from behind his back, "Look what I got for you!" 

 

Siwon gives her the big box and Jina opens it. She squeals when she sees the beautiful pink dress Siwon had bought for her. 

 

"Gomawo, Oppa! It's so beautiful!" Jina says, hugging Siwon tightly. 

 

"I'm glad you like it. Happy Birthday, Jina!" 

 

After Siwon debuts, he hardly has time to meet up with her due to his extremely busy schedules. He's always too busy. 

 

Jina drives home and dreads for tomorrow. 

 

Siwon arrives at Hong Kong, where he'll be performing with Super Junior for the Mnet Asian Music Awards tonight. 

 

The Hong Kong international airport is swarmed by fans, trying to get a glimpse of their idols. 

 

"OPPAAAA!!! KYUHYUN OPPAA!!!"

 

"SIWON OPPA SARANGHAE!!"

 

"SUPER JUNIOR JJANG!!"

 

"HONG KONG ELF LOVES YOU!!"

 

Everyone is shouting, showing their love for their idols. Siwon smiles and waves to the crowd, just like the other members. 

 

They finally get into their black van and ride out of the airport. They are all tired from the plane ride and need some rest before the event tonight. The manager takes them straight to a Korean restaurant for lunch and then to the hotel. 

 

At the hotel, Siwon shares a room with the leader, Leeteuk. They unpack their things and rest for a while. 

 

After a while, the hotel phone rings and Leeteuk answers it. After a few okays and nods, Leeteuk hangs up. 

 

"Hyung, who is it?" Siwon asks. 

 

"It's manager hyung. He told us to be ready to go to the rehearsal."

 

They get ready and ride the van to the MAMA rehearsal. They rehearse the songs that they're going to sing, which will definitely make the fans go crazy tonight. 

 

They sit in the waiting room, after they put on their stage clothes and make up. 

 

"Hyung, isn't it Jina's birthday tomorrow?" The maknae, Kyuhyun asks. 

 

"Yeah, it is." Siwon answers sadly. He regrets that he couldn't be by her side on the special day. 

 

"Then why are you not booking your ticket back to Seoul right now? You already missed her birthday last year, Hyung."

 

Siwon stays silent. He hadn't thought about it. The event is tonight, so he should be free to go back to Seoul tomorrow. 

 

After the conversation with Kyuhyun, Siwon goes to find their manager. 

 

"Hyung, can you find me a ticket to Seoul? I need to go back tomorrow."

 

"Ah, a ticket is an easy thing to find, especially for a famous artist like you. I'll find it, just focus on the performance tonight." The manager answers. 

 

"Kamsahamnida, hyung!"

 

Super Junior performs wonderfully that night. The fans that come screams really loud when they hit the stage. After they receive their awards and complete their breathtaking performance, they all go back to the hotel. 

 

"Yaah~ Daebak~" Eunhyuk says, still looking dreamily at the awards they received. 

 

"We really worked hard this year. Finally it paid off." Sungmin adds. 

 

"Daebak!" Eunhyuk says again, still not believing it. 

 

"Oh yeah, Siwon-ah. You're going back to Seoul tomorrow, right?" Leeteuk asks. 

 

"Ne, Hyung. I wouldn't miss Jina's birthday again." Siwon says with a slight smile. 

 

Jina sits in alone in her apartment's dining table, staring at the birthday cake her friends had sent her. 

 

She reads the card again. It says, 'Happy birthday, Jina-ya! We're really sorry we couldn't come to celebrate it with you! Have an awesome birthday!'

 

Jina sighs. This is going to be a lonely birthday. 

 

Siwon races out of the airport and see the person his manager had called to pick him up. They go to the car and Siwon says Jina's address quickly. Siwon then realizes that he'll come empty handed. 

 

"Ahjussi, can you please stop there for a moment?" He says to the driver. 

 

Jina still hasn't moved from her position. She stays that way and suddenly hears the bell ring. 

 

She opens it and see a smiling Siwon staring back at her. 

 

"Oppa? I thought you're still in Hong Kong!"

 

"Well," He grins, "I wouldn't miss your birthday again."

 

He takes out a bouquet of flowers from behind his back, "For you."

 

Jina accepts the flower and hug him tight. They head inside and blow the candles on the cake that Jina's friends sent. 

 

Siwon then says, "I have another present for you."

 

Jina's eyes widens. Another present? 

 

"Close your eyes." Siwon orders and Jina does as he says. 

 

Siwon pulls out a necklace and put it around her neck. He then holds her face in his hand, leans in, and kiss her. 

 

"Saengil chukhae, Jina-ya."