New Feelings

New Feelings

Dancing. HanGeng never had enough of it. He would wake up before the sun had even risen, and jogged down to the school, just to get into the studio. Then after school, he would be there until dinner time with the dance team. Dancing was really his life. He loved how the beats and rhythms flowed throughout his body, creating a perfect state of being. It never reminded him he was an orphan, dancing wasn’t prejudice. He thought he had never needed any more than dancing until he met him… 

Siwon was always a hard working student, always focused on studies. He always had his head in his books and never seemed to have time for anything else. He had to study to get into a good university, get a good job, and help his family. Siwon wanted nothing more than to help his mother and younger brother live the life they should have lived. He was living for nothing more until he discovered this chinese dancer… 

They met, walking along the campus, Siwon was reading a book while walking, and HanGeng had his headphones on, neither was paying attention. Then they abruptly collided, and Siwon being the larger of the two, toppled on top of HanGeng. He groaned and rolled off of the smaller man beneath him. HanGeng shrugged off the textbook that was sandwiching his face, and sat up slowly feeling a bit like a bug. 

“What are you made of? Bricks?” HanGeng said lightly while chuckling. 

“Oh I am so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention” Siwon said while lower his head. 

HanGeng merely chuckled some more, stood up and outstretched a hand towards Siwon, giving him a warm smile. 

“It’s okay, I wasn’t paying attention either, my head is eternally up in the clouds” he said while pointing to the sky. 

Siwon looked up at him oddly, took his hand and stood up slowly. 
HanGeng kneelt down and picked up the textbook, and that was laying awkwardly on the ground. 

“Here you go. By the way, my name is HanGeng.”

Siwon was still fairly new to this meeting new people thing, having only a few friends himself, and always studying, didn’t quite make him the epitome of a social butterfly. 

“umm… hi. My name is Siwon.” Siwon mumbled. 
“Oh Siwon, nice name. What year are you?” 
“hmm 3rd” 
“Oh the same as me!” HanGeng elated. 
“Oh? Have you decided what university you are going to?” Siwon asked hesitantly, but surprised he had managed to pose a question. 
“Yonsei. I passed the audition into their performance department. How about you?” 
“Ah…um. That’s also where I am going. I’ll be in the business department” 

HanGeng suddenly grasped his hand and smiled widely. 

“Then we should be friends! Since we are going to the same university. Well I gotta go to dance team now. It was nice talking to you Siwon, ill see you tomorrow…” HanGeng trailed off as he started walking towards the gym. 
Siwon wasn’t entirely sure what just happened but it felt nice and a warm feeling started creeping up in his chest…
~~
“Siwon!” his mother yelled. 
“yes?” he asked as he popped his head out of his room. 
“I have to work today, you need to take your brother, Yesung to meet with his friends.” His mother dictated. 
“Moooooooom. I can go myself, don’t bother hyung he is studying” Yesung whined. 
“Says the 15 year old boy who wears his glasses upside down, plus your brother needs to get out, it’s a Sunday” his mother responded coolly. 

Yesung pouted in the corner where he was getting ready to put on his shoes. 

“yeah I’ll take him. I need to go to the library anyway.” Siwon replied stoically. 
His mother approached him and started pinching his cheeks. 
“What am I going to do with you? You need to go have some fun, not hang around dusty tomes all the time” his mother said in a worried tone. 
“Araso…” Siwon mumbled. 

He and Yesung left the house, and slowly made their way towards the movie theaters. 

“Hyung you seriously need to find something better to do than study.Why do you just study?”Yesung asked with a serious face. 
“Because I have to make sure you and mother will live a long good life, that’s why” Siwon said as he ruffled Yesung’s hair. 
Yesung giggled a bit seeing a bit of his old hyung again. 



Since their father had left them, Siwon had to carry on the role of the man of the house since he was 12. Ever since then he has had nothing in his sites but getting a good job and helping his mother and brother. 
 
Siwon looked down thinking about how Yesung had grown up, he was happy, and had a lot of friends. This made Siwon smile warmly at his little brother, he was a little strange sometimes though. Siwon leaned over and plucked the inverted glasses off of his face and replaced them right side up. 
 
Yesung looked up at him, laughing. 
 
“Maybe I like them that way hyung!” he exclaimed while sticking out his pink little tongue. 
“Sure sure Yesungie. Oh who are you meeting today?” he asked as he pinched Yesung’s cheek. 
“My friends Ryeowook and Henry. Remember them?” Yesung responded while trying to fend off his hyung’s attack on his cheeks. 
“Oh yes. They are in your class.” 
“Hyung you need some close friends, academic friends Do. Not. Count.” He made his point by poking Siwon’s shoulder. 
Siwon’s mind flashed to the memory of his encounter with HanGeng. That warm feeling, was it friendship. 
Yesung was now jumping up and down in front of Siwon to get his attention after he spaced out. Siwon snapped back into reality. 
“Hyung this is far enough I can see my friends from here. Have a good day. Go do something fun. For me?” Yesung begged him with puppy eyes. 
“Alright go have fun Yesung” he replied as he shooed his younger brother away. 

 
Siwon sighed as he saw Yesung run up to his friends. He turned around and decided to go to the park. When he got there, in the middle of the park was some commotion. His curiosity took over and he walked over to where the mass of people were. Thankfully being born taller than the average Korean had its pros. He looked over the crows, and saw 3 dancers. Their backs to him, but still just as captivating, he couldn’t look away. There was a certain way one of the dancers moved that kept Siwon glued to the site of him moving. The sound seemed to become one with his body and soul. The dancer turned around and Siwon was slightly shocked. It was his new friend HanGeng. 
They met eyes for a second, and HanGeng held up a hand, that Siwon interpreted as wait. Siwon continued watching his raven hair bounce up and down with the movements, his body swerve and wave with the music. It was a bit sad when they had finished dancing, the audience applauded and disbursed. Siwon stood there until HanGeng came gliding to where he was. 

 
“Siwon! Its nice to see you. Did you like it?” HanGeng asked warmly. 
“Oh it was awesome” he said smiling. 
“You have dimples when you smile! You should smile more often. From now on I’ll make you smile more, so I can see them” HanGeng said matter-of-factly. 

 
Siwon turned a light shade of red and put his head down. 
 
Suddenly HanGeng was in his field of vision, waving at him. He lifted his head up to see his new friend smiling at him. 
“Hey it’s still early afternoon. You want to go to a café or something?” HanGeng asked softly. 

 
His mother and brother’s voices were ringing in his head again. He really needed to get out. 
 
“ummm okay” he mumbled. 
“Great!” the smaller male exclaimed.
He grabbed Siwon’s hand and took the lead. 
~~

 
A couple of cups of coffee later and Siwon knew a lot more about HanGeng. Firstly, he was Chinese and had moved to Korea when he was 15. His biggest passion in life is dancing, and he knew little various facts about his new friend. 
 
“So tell me about yourself Siwon” HanGeng perked up curiously. 
“ummm well. I am not really good at talking with people, but I can talk well with you for some reason. I really haven’t had any friends. I study a lot so I can get a good job and help my family. I live with my mother and little brother Yesung” he stated. 
“Oh Yesung is your little brother? He comes and visits Henry a lot.” HanGeng replied happily. 
“Do you live in Henry’s neighborhood?” Siwon inquired. 
“Not exactly, Henry lives in the orphanage with me” HanGeng’s face fell a little. 

 
Siwon felt this stinging pain in his chest and placed a hand on HanGeng’s forearm. 
 
“Want to talk about it?” Siwon said softly. 
 
HanGeng just chuckled a little and looked Siwon in the eye. 
 
“What happened to Mr. doesn’t talk well with people?” HanGeng said and continued smiling. 
 
Siwon could feel that the smile was only surface deep, he saw sadness still in the eyes of the man beside him and hidden tears that were about to fall. He recalled what his mother did to him when he was sad. 

“If this is too awkward you can push away at anytime” Siwon said in a whisper. 

 
“What are you talking about Si-“ 
 
Siwon had reached over and embraced HanGeng softly. 
 
There was a little shock to HanGeng at first then he relaxed, enjoying the warmth coming from Siwon, and laid his head on his shoulder. 
Siwon started humming softly to comfort the poor soul. He wasn’t quite sure why he wanted badly to comfort HanGeng but he knew he had too. HanGeng let a tear escape his eye, it dripped onto Siwon’s collarbone only to be absorbed by cloth. He pulled back, wiping his eyes with his sleeves, looking at Siwon through slightly puffy eyes. 

 
“I am sorry… it’s still hard to think about it. It’s only been a year since my parents died” HanGeng said in a really low raspy voice. 
 
“My condolences…” he said in a whisper as he put his hand on HanGeng’s. 
 
“You know that was the first time I had cried in front of somebody, I had just stayed alone in my room, just letting my tears fall…” He said with a distant voice. 
 
Siwon’s heart sank. He had never thought what it would feel like to be completely alone, at least he had his mother and brother, but HanGeng had no one. He couldn’t even imagine how it felt to move to a foreign country and your parents died soon after. Just thinking about it, made him want to tear up as well. He held them in and interlaced one of his own hand with HanGeng’s and rubbed the back of it with his other hand. 
 
HanGeng’s expression was soft, gazing at their hands. He had felt so warm, a kind of warmth that only comes from special people in your life. 
 
“umm Hey Siwon. You want to go somewhere with me?” he said with a pure smile. 
“Sure. Where are we going?” he replied carefully. 
“You will see when we get there” HanGeng got up and pulled Siwon with him, they walked out of the café, their hands still interlaced…
~~

 
“HanGeng, can I open my eyes yet?” Siwon asked. 
His hands were on HanGeng’s shoulders, he could smell a sweet scent coming from all around him. 
“Almost”
HanGeng had stopped walking, and he stepped forward, letting Siwon’s hands fall from his shoulders. Siwon held up his hands and grabbed the air, not daring to move. 

 
“Where are you?” he said in a worried tone. 
 
Then he felt, a pair of hands meet his, and interlaced through his fingers. 
 
“Right here…” HanGeng whispered. 
 
He freed one hand and reached up to Siwon’s cheek. The contact made Siwon smile, and the dimples were showing. HanGeng ran one of his fingertips across the little dip in his cheek. He put his lips next to Siwon’s ear. 
 
“This is to say Thank You, open your eyes” he said in a whisper. 
 
Siwon opened his eyes slowly, and his vision was flooded with the sight of a small meadow. The flowers were swaying in the wind carrying a wonderful scent. There was a small creek not too far from where he and HanGeng were standing. Siwon stepped forward a bit, and glanced back at a beaming HanGeng. 
 
“This is my secret place, I have never brought anyone here before. So you are lucky” he said happily. 
 
Siwon turned around and pulled HanGeng towards him, wrapping his arms around his slim waist. HanGeng wrapped his arms around Siwon slowly. 
 
“It’s so beautiful HanGeng, thank you for sharing this with me” he breathed into HanGeng’s ear. 
 
They sat down next to each other in a nice shady part of the meadow. Siwon took a deep breath taking in all that was around him.
 
“So do you do this with all of your friends?” Siwon asked slowly. 
 
“Nope just you. Remember I told you I had never brought anyone here before. You are special.” HanGeng replied, his cheeks flushing a little. 
 
Siwon opened his eyes and looked over at HanGeng trying to hide his blush. 
 
“I have never really talked to anyone before. You are the first one and you are special to me too” Siwon said, looking away so his cheeks didn’t betray him. 
 
“If you don’t mind me asking, why don’t you ever talk to people? I mean do you really truly want to study your whole life?” HanGeng asked carefully. 
 
Siwon was debating whether to tell him. He had never opened up to anyone after his father left, he had to stay strong for his mother and Yesung. But HanGeng was special, he told himself. 

“I always avoided making friendships because one day they might just abandon you, like my father did to my family. I had to take charge of the house when I was only 12 years old, and help raise Yesung. It hurt a lot when my father did that, I never wanted to experience that pain ever again.” Siwon said slowly, his tone slowly becoming dimmer at the memory of those lonely nights, he would cry. 

 
HanGeng out stretched his arms, inviting Siwon for a hug. Siwon slowly leaned over and rested his head on Geng’s shoulder. 
 
“I will never abandon you…” he whispered into Siwon’s ear.
 
“Thank you” Siwon whispered back. 
 
They sat there like that for awhile, enjoying eachothers’ warmth and listening to their beating hearts. 
 
“This isn’t really what friends do….” Siwon mumbled. 
 
“Nope. I have never done this with any of my friends Wonnie.” HanGeng said while chuckling. 
 
“Wonnie?” Siwon tilted his head. 
 
“It’s my nickname for you, cute huh?” HanGeng declared. 
 
“Oh then I should make one for you. Hmmm since mine is Wonnie. I’ll call you Hannie.” Siwon said thoughtfully, and poked HanGeng’s cheek. 
 
HanGeng chuckled a little. 
 
“I like it!” he said. 
 
He leaned forward and pressed his lips to Siwon’s cheek briefly. 
 
Siwon turned and looked at him. HanGeng turned away, thinking he had done something wrong.
 
Siwon raised his hand, cupped HanGeng’s cheek that was facing away from him. He turned HanGeng’s face to look him straight in the eyes. A blush was creeping up on both of their faces, a nice rosy red. 
 
Siwon leaned forward slowly and pressed his lips softly on HanGeng’s. Siwon pulled back to see HanGeng’s reaction. 
HanGeng put his arms around Siwon’s neck and pulled him into another kiss. This one lasted longer. Their mouths moved perfectly against each other, like they were made for each other. Each of their hearts racing, as they pulled back for air. 

 
“Hannie, I have never had these feelings for anyone… its warm and it fills me up” Siwon said slowly. 
“I know how you feel, because it’s the same with me.” HanGeng replied. 
“I never thought I needed more than books to live my life” he said thoughtfully. 
“And I never thought I needed anything more than dancing” 
They both laughed lightly as they looked into each other’s eyes. 
“Hannie I think, I like- wait like isn’t deep enough… I know it's you I love you HanGeng” Siwon said with an expression of happiness. 
HanGeng turned towards him and gently kissed him once again. 
“I love you too Siwon and it will forever always be you” 

 
As the sunset, the two in the meadow gently kissed and looked up into the sky, knowing that their love would be everlasting. 
The end…..