Vick

Revenge

You would all be pleased to hear that I am going to be updating this more frequently :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“WHAT IS THIS”! The chief yelled at he entered Seunghyun’s office, “How could this happen”? Seunghyun picked the newspaper that was thrown on his table ‘Prime minister Jo has been found dead in his office. Cause of death were several bullets to the head’.

“I don’t know sir, but I’m going to head there with a few men”. He was beyond frustrated, he’d used all his free time in the last two months investigating the man, and now all his work were going to be flushed down the toilet.

He drove with few other agents to the venue where the cops were busy trying to keep reporters out of the building, “It’s gonna be a long day Choi” One of his co-workers stated as they walked into the office. “It sure is” He wondered if he should text Jiyong, they were supposed to have lunch together, but decided not to. Pictures of the scene were taken, the body was taken out, and the crime scene was dusted for prints. “What about cctv, how can a prime minister’s office not have cctv”? He asked one of the coworker.

“I was thinking about that, but you said the man was corrupt, so imagine all the things that has been going on in here”

“Maybe it was what got him killed” Seunghyun added, as he emptied one of the box of files in to his own box.

“What would a fifty something year old man doing with a toy truck in his office. Last time I checked, he had no grandkids”? Seunghyun heard another worker say, “What are you....” he turned, and felt the blood drain from his face. Vick. It was an exact replica of a toy he and Vick shared when they were younger, “It has v and s inscribed on it” the coworker continued. It was Vick, it had to be; Vick was in Korea. Vick was in Seoul. Jiyong. “I’ll be back guys” he ran out. “Jiyong please pick up, please. Please” He tried calling but Jiyong wasn’t picking.

                                              ***

Vermicelli noodles. Sesame oil. Soy sauce. Vegetables. Rib-eye pork. Jiyong was ready to cook for his boyfriend. Cooking wasn’t his thing but Seunghyun had been talking about Japche for so long, that it was only right to make it for him. The things I do for you Choi Seunghyun, he thought as he did everything the read from the cookbook, unaware of his phone vibrating in the living room. He heard the door code to the door, “Baby, I’m in the kitchen”! He was burning everything. It was a waste; he should have just ordered food.

“Hey”

“Baby, don’t... Omg did what Taeyang say get to you that much”? Seunghyun was standing a few feet from him, hair dyed black. He ran to his boyfriend, pounced on him, and wrapped his legs around his waist like he usually did. “God, you look so ing y right now”  He clashed his mouth on Seunghyun, and kissed him roughly until he noticed something different. He smelled smoke, and Seunghyun would never smoke, and on top that, the kiss felt different. “Seunghyun”?

“Jiyong, step away from that man”. He was either having an aneurism or dreaming, there was another Seunghyun behind him. The Seunghyun behind him had the brown hair he was used to, so who was carrying him? “Jiyong”, he was suddenly ripped away from the black haired Seunghyun.

Seunghyun frowned, “Vick”

“Hello brother” Vick got over his initial shock of been kissed by a man, “Long time no see” He smiled before taking a sit, making himself comfortable. “Nice house”

“What are you doing here”? Seunghyun stepped in front of his boyfriend who already looked traumatized. “Today’s breaking news was your doing, wasn’t it”?

“Whoa, this isn’t the welcome I expected brother. And I was so sure that you’d be happy to see me, but here you are charging me with murder”

“Vick, why are you here”? Seunghyun was getting a bit impatient.

“I see you got another Jiyong” Vick smirked, “So what? Does he fill the hole Jiyoung left”? Vick laughed, “Does he know he’s been used to replace your almost sister-in-law that you killed”?

“GET OUT”! Seunghyun rushed to Vick, “GET THE OUT”!

Jiyong watched the scene before him in shock. He couldn’t tell which one was more appalling, the fact that Seunghyun had a twin or that Seunghyun cursed. Seunghyun was always so calm and classy, and seeing him riled up was very unusual. Besides all that, he couldn’t process what Seunghyun’s twin was saying; something about a Jiyoung. He took his time to assess Vick; he was about an inch taller than Seunghyun, with jet-black hair, and deep brown eyes. How could he not have seen the difference when the person first walked in, the main difference was in the eyes; Seunghyun’s eyes were warm and kind, but Vick’s was dark, and almost devoid of a soul. “I only came as promised brother” Vick’s eyes were suddenly on him, making chills run through him. “Isn’t this perfect, you took my Jiyoung, and now I am here to take yours”.

Seunghyun pulled out his gun, and pointed it at Vick’s forehead, “Leave while you are still alive”.

“Seunghyun” Jiyong was scared. “Seunghyun please..”. He noted how unhinged Vick was that a gun was being pointed at him.

“Fine” Vick looked around, “I wouldn’t want Jiyong to be stuck picking up my brains from the floor...I don’t think he would be the same” Vick smiled before walking towards the door, “See you later Jiyong”.

 

Vick had been gone several minutes, and Jiyong still hadn’t said a word. He quietly walked back to the kitchen to clean up the mess he made earlier. He didn’t know Seunghyun at all. Seunghyun had told him that all his family was deceased. “I think I should sleep at Taeyang’s for the night”. Although he knew about Seunghyun’s scary job, he had never been scared until a few moments ago. “I’ll go get packed”

“Jiyong” Seunghyun walked behind Jiyong to stop him but Jiyong didn’t budge, “Jiyong please let me explain”

“EXPLAIN WHAT”! He continued shoving clothes into a duffle bag, “That you have a psycho twin brother, and you just forgot to tell me. Youngbae was right, I am such a fool”

“Vick is...” Seunghyun grabbed Jiyong by the shoulders, but his words failed him. He and Vick hadn’t been brothers for a while.

“Not your brother”? Jiyong scoffed, “Sure, you just have someone who looks exactly like you roaming the streets of Seoul”. He wriggled out of Seunghun’s grip, “And he knew the passcode to your house, and I even kissed him thinking it was you. OH GOD”

“Jiyong, that was my fault”

“Of course it was your fault... OMG, so the person Youngbae saw at the club was him. The person flirting with all those girls”

Seunghyun’s phone went off, it was work. He did run out on a job, but he wasn’t going anywhere. “Jiyong, there is so much have to tell you”, and he did. From how he and Vick grew up to Jiyoung’s untimely death, even Vick’s promise. “That is why I tried so hard to avoid you earlier. I am very much scared of my brother Jiyong, scared of what he would do to you”.

The story was a bit shocking, but Seunghyun decided to keep the most important thing from him. “You should go back to work”.

“Jiyong please say something”

“Are you with me because I remind you of her”?

“Of course not, Jiyong I love you for you. I admit I was a bit drawn to you because your eyes reminded me of hers, but that was about it. You both have kind eyes”

Jiyong needed space, “I am going to take a taxi”, there was too much to process in one day. “Please, let me go Seunghyun”

Seunghyun sighed, “Okay” he didn’t want Jiyong to go, but he knew better than to force him. “But, I am going to assign someone to shadow you until you return” the room went silent. “Can I beg you to stay, can we just forget that this happened?”

“But we can’t, can we? Seunghyun you kept the fact that you have a psycho twin brother from me”. He was definitely upset. “You made me open up about my painful past, and yet you hid yours”.

“Jiyong I was scared. I didn’t want to lose you, and I still don’t. Jiyong please”

“Oh, you aren’t getting rid of me that easily. I am just too angry to face you right now, but I still love you which is driving me more crazy”

Seunghyun fought the urge to laugh; Jiyong was definitely something, “So can I drop you off at least”?

“Fine”! Jiyong rolled his eyes. He could feel his anger slowly dissolving. He wanted to be angry but he couldn’t bring himself to, not after everything Seunghyun had been through.

“So, how about we stay home instead”? Seunghyun pushed it a little bit.

 

 

                                      ***

“You gotta be ing kidding me” Taeyang scoffed. They were out for lunch; it had been a three days since Seunghyun’s brother mysteriously appeared. Jiyong never left Seunghyun’s side the day he met Vick. They talked it out instead. It was the first time he had seen Seunghyun so vulnerable; he even cried, he really thought it was his fault that Jiyong was dead. “What are you still doing in that house”?

“Taeyang..”

“Don’t Taeyang me, why are you so foolish when it comes to this man”? Taeyang looked at him, like he was stupid or something. “The man is clearly dangerous, I mean who pulls a gun on his own brother. I say good riddance to the both of them; they seem like psycho’s”

“Now you’re talking crazy”, he never understood Taeyang’s hatred for Seunghyun, “They aren’t psycho’s”

“Okay maybe not Seunghyun, but his brother totally is. Jiyong don’t you understand? Your life is at stake here”. Taeyang took a bite from his cheesecake, “His brother wants to kill you… the brother who is an assassin”

Jiyong sighed, that was definitely a problem, “Okay I am a little scared, but Seunghyun sent someone to watch over me”

Taeyang eyed the man acting nonchalant a few feet away from them, “Yeah sure, but is he going to be watching over you forever”?

“Gee I don’t know Taeyang, how would I ing know”? Taeyang’s questions were getting to him. He didn’t want to think too much about the matter; his head was telling him to stay clear but he knew his heart wouldn’t be able to be apart from Seunghyun.

“Hey, I’m not the one you should pour your anger on”.

He was grateful for Taeyang; Taeyang never got angry with him no matter what. “Sorry, I’ve been on edge lately. I want to smoke so bad”. Taeyang handed him a cigarette, “I can’t, and I promised Seunghyun”

“Let me get this straight, you tell his man your entire life history, he then makes you change certain parts of yourself for him. And then it turns out he hasn’t told you about himself, in fact he doesn’t tell you anything, and yet there is someone out there, his own brother as a matter of fact, that wants to kill you” Taeyang sighed, “Seriously, where can I find a girl like you”?

“ you”! Jiyong stood up, “I’m going to the bathroom. I shouldn’t have bothered telling you” He saw the guard, walking toward him, “You don’t have to come with me, I’m just going to the bathroom”. He stopped the man before storming away. The restaurant was a bit crowded, but he gently made his way to the restroom. He entered one of the stalls, and was in the middle of doing his business when someone else walked into the restroom. He finished and walked out, only to be faced with fear itself.

“Hey”. It was Vick, “I’m guessing you remember me”. Vick was smiling. It was a popular phrase that went something like; everything evil was y as hell. Vick was dressed in a black Prada suit, leaning against the door with a smirk on his face. Seunghyun was y, but Vick, Vick was on a whole new level of y. His heart was racing, “Are you here to kill me”?

“Yes” and with one swift, Vick injected him with a syringe. “I hear cyanide, can kill a person in a matter of seconds” he heard before darkness surrounded him.

 

 

Seunghyun had been on edge in the last two days, he could barely concentrate at work because he worried for Jiyong. He thought about taking a few days off, but Prime Minister Jo’s death was still a huge deal in his office. It had been ruled that ‘the ghost’ was the one behind it, and he couldn’t bring himself to tell them that ‘the ghost’ was his twin brother.

Unknown number>>>Seunghyun
Now you would know what it feels to have the one you love ripped away from you. See you soon, brother. And when you do, I give you permission to kill me.

Jiyong, “He called Jiyong’s number”

“Hello”? It was Taeyang.

“Taeyang. Taeyang where’s Jiyong... where is Jiyong”?

“Calm down, he went to the bathroom”

“How long ago”?

“Hold on, I’ll go check the bathroom” he heard Taeyang make his way to wherever the bathroom was, “Seunghyun, he’s not here... JIYONG…. But I didn’t see him leave” Taeyang was starting to panic; “Your brother has him, doesn’t he”?

 He had to remind himself to breathe; if Jiyong was indeed taken, he had no leads, and nowhere to start. Vick had all the cards; he wasn’t called ‘the ghost’ for no reason.