Always Watching You

Always Watching You

 

Kyuhyun and Victoria were best friends since kindergarten and when they grew up, they started going out. Four years ago, due to a reason, they broke up. Since then, he was always watching her. Now, he’s watching her sitting in a temple writing something. Suddenly, she starts crying and her head is down at the table. At that moment, there is also a movie of memories streaming through him.

 

Kyuhyun saw Victoria at her college after two weeks after they’d broken up. She looked the same but somehow he felt that she had changed and became an introvert person. A light wind blew as Kyuhyun got closer to Victoria and she could feel it but when she turned around, she couldn’t see anyone. She continued to do her work and when she finished, she opened her phone. She saw her conversation with Kyuhyun and she just smiled. A bitter smile though! Tears started falling down her red rosy cheeks but he couldn’t do anything. If it was the old time, he would just run to her and hug her but at that moment, there wasn’t anything he could do besides stand there, watching her silently. After that, Kyuhyun kept on watching Jennifer without her knowing. He knew that Victoria still missed him a lot but she seemed happier as the days passed by. One day, on her way back to her house, Victoria ran into two erted guys. They tried to touch her but she ran away quickly enough to be safe. And again, one more time, he couldn’t help her; he just stood there and watched her. Later that year, she started to make new friends. Kyuhyun thought it was quite strange for her character but he was also happy at the same time that she started to open up to the world again. But his thought was wrong. Her new friends were a group of naughty students in the college. She started going to discos, clubs and parties and it was unusual of her to do that. Days passed by and her life continued like that but without him next to her. She started to have a feeling that someone was following her every moment but every time, when she turned around, no one was behind her and her friend just told her that it was the wind or something. Kyuhyun knew that Victoria’s sense was right but he couldn’t show his face. One day, she reached the bar at the usual time but this time, she went alone. She rented a zone and just sat there alone. She ordered drinks and when he saw them, he was surprised because the “old” Victoria hated that kind of strong alcohol. Once again, he just sat at a corner and watched her. He couldn’t stop her; he was useless at that moment. After she finished a bottle, an old guy, about in his late fifties went to her. They were talking and after that he just asked for her number and went off. What Victoria and the old man didn’t know what was that Kyuhyun was standing there the whole time listening to their conversation. He knew everything but he still couldn’t do anything to help her. After that day, Victoria and the old man started going out with each other and when Kyuhyun saw that, he felt a pain as if there were thousands or even millions of knives stabbing into his heart; the pain that he was suffering was indescribable. Although he knew that it was not true love but his heart was still in pain.

 

Every day, he watched every step she made and observed everything she did. She could feel that someone was watching her but she couldn’t figure it out. As days passed, she still felt emptiness in her heart. However, the old man also made her life a bit better by treating her in a well manner. And as everyone knew, the “day” came; the old man asked her to marry him. She said, ‘yes’ and the wedding was planned. She was really happy that finally, she had become a wife like she used to dream, although the person she married wasn’t Kyuhyun. When he knew that, once again, his heart was in pain, an indescribable pain. After she married the old man, she gave him two wonderful kids: a boy and a girl. They are smart children. He watched as they grew, when they were in secondary school, Victoria was already thirty five years old.

 

A sudden honk from a car wakes him up from the flashbacks. He starts to walk to the temple where Victoria’s sitting. As he stands next to her, she feels that someone is next to her but she doesn’t bother to look up. Steven looks down at what she is writing and sees the title “Welcome to Kyuhyun and Jennifer’s wedding”, he is shocked.  He lets out a gasp and sits down next to her. He her hair and says: “You still think of me? It’s already twenty years.  Your children have grown up and you have married already too. I’m always watching you but do you know it? Maybe you can feel it but I know that you cannot see me.” Tears start flowing down his cheeks as he continues: “When you were one year old, I was one year old. When you were fifteen years old, I was fifteen years old too. When you were thirty years old, I was nineteen and now I’m still nineteen although now you are thirty nine years old already. I still remember what happened on that destiny night. Do you?” he stops. Suddenly, for the first time ever, she can feel that Kyuhyun is standing beside her as she raises her head. She nods and speaks, a bit shaky at first: “That night…that stupid car…my fault…Kyuhyun, I miss you so much!” He holds her hands and starts to speak again: “I miss you too Victoria! It was not your fault! Because I just wanted to make a surprised for you so I didn’t answer your call until the last minute. It was our three years’ anniversary and also your nineteenth birthday.” As he stops, she stands up and walks away. Before leaving the temple, she whispers: “I keep feeling a sense and I know that it’s you Kyuhyun. Wait for me here and I’ll come back!” He nods and she just walks away. The next day, she comes back to where they first met - the temple. This time she waves at him first and he waves back with a surprise face. This time, she sees him. This time, she will go with him. This time, he doesn’t need to follow her anymore. This time, they will be together. They hold each other hands and step one step up to heaven. When people found her dead in her room with many flowers inside, she was beautiful as usual! And now finally,Kyuhyun and Victoria are walking on the same path again. Life is not always as bad as you think! Keep on going and enjoy it! Stop when you are finished!