Author's Note

Lucid

Hey there!

Thank you for reading my story and coming this far!

I know that it may be pretty hard to fully understand everything that is going on so I'm going to explain some of the concepts or elements of the story right here. If I didn't cover the question that you have regarding the story here, feel free to send a message or post a comment.

Also, I know all the flaws that this story has—I hate my writing too much, aha—I didn't have the time to write this and therefore, it wasn't the best I thought it could be. So when I'm done with school that is killing me, I will rewrite it. I don't plan to win, I don't expect to win and was simply a motivation for me to complete an actual one-shot so I'm pretty happy with this achievement though I still plan to rewrite it because I experienced the stress Taemin's been through to a certain extent so it's real to me and therefore I have much feelings and attachment for this story.


Black & White Dreams — Having black and white dreams can generally mean many different things but for Taemin's case, it is because he's depressed. Scattered in the story are hints that he's depressed with symptons of clinical depression—suicidal thoughts, irritability, loss of interest in previous hobbies, lack of sleep, feeling tired all the time, headaches, and most of all, a persistent long period of feeling sadness and emptyness— though it might not be serious in his case. 

 

DREAMS 

(The Major Three)

Car Crash — Taemin feels powerless over his life and that he is heading towards a car crash.

Faulty Electronic Products — He's losing touch with reality.

Being Trapped — He finds himself being trapped in real life.

 

Minho — I know Minho is pretty much shrouded in mystery as this story was essentially Taemin-centric. Because it was Taemin-centric, it would be too abrupt to explain Minho's story either.

But basically, Minho is a model and he wasn't a very popular one when he met Taemin. He was down because he wasn't getting modelling jobs and without them, he can't compete with his hyung, role model and good friend, Donghae the top model. But when he meets Taemin, he works hard as a model and eventually gets more popular.

Minho is also a lucid dreamer. He's able to control his own dreams, which is why he can go with Taemin on weird dreaming adventures. There's actually a way to lucid dream and once it's properly practiced, you can do it quite easily.

 

(The Prompt Picture) aka The Dream Where They Met

Car — It shows your ability and drive to navigate from one stage of your life to the other. Minho was the driver and so took an active role in his life's direction, which was to follow his dreams and be a model. Taemin, on the other hand, was in the passenger seat and therefore took a more passive role, which was to mindlessly study without knowing why and what he's doing all of it for.

Road — The road was dark to Minho (the driver wearing sunglasses in prompt) and therefore it shows the frightening life decisions made, which was Minho's decision to choose to be a model.

 

Minho & Taemin's Dreams — It's pretty rare, but there are case of dream-sharing. The name is pretty self-explanatory but this occurs usually around close friends, families and lovers, though it's possible that strangers dream-share. As Taemin and Minho get closer in their dreams, the frequency of their dream-sharing increases.