I'm in love with you and all these little things

Little Things

Little Things ()

 

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me 
But bear this in mind it was meant to be 
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

 

Jongin wakes up to rose pink tainted cheeks, heart shaped lips that’s just too dreamy kiss, long lashes which perfectly covers those adorable doe eyes, nose that’s just to irresistible to pinch and the comforting sound of the other’s steady breathing. Jongin smiles for he just knows why waking up in the morning is the best part of the day.

Jongin rubs his cheek deeper to the soft pillow underneath, squirming just slow enough to lean closer towards the boy who’s still in his dreamless slumber across him. His hand crawls under the sheets, seeking for those warm fingers to lace it with his cold ones, and when he succeeds, Jongin pulls their laced hands to his lips and plant feather light kisses on each of the other boy’s knuckle.

The other stirs slightly, purring some incoherent cute things through his small mouth. Jongin restrains himself from lunging towards the boy and strangle him in a breath suffocating hug. Not in 6 in the morning. So Jongin settles in leaning and kissing those purrs away. Just light, sweet, brushing of lips and the other boy smiles in his sleep. Just like an angel.

Jongin stares how their hands perfectly mold with each other. How the colors of their hands complement, and how his fingers are always cold and the other always manages to stay warm. His eyes caught the gold band that encircles the other boy’s annulus finger.

And he finds himself smiling profoundly.

It all makes sense.

Kyungsoo’s hand was made perfectly for Jongin to slip that ring and make him his. Forever.

 

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, 
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs 
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

 

The memories of last night just after exchanging their vows to each other are still as clear as the waters in spring inside Jongin’s mind. He could picture them all out perfectly. How he laid Kyungsoo down this very same bed last night. How Kyungsoo hid his flushing face behind his hands for he couldn’t bear to look at Jongin while he undresses him. How Kyungsoo trembled below him as he placed kisses all over him, worshipping every contour of his body with gentle touches. How Kyungsoo returned all his loving kisses, pulling him as close to his body. How Kyungsoo’s tears spilled when they finally connected for the first time and how perfect that moment felt. How Kyungsoo’s voice sounded even more heavenly when he cried, moaned, whimpered Jongin’s name in pure bliss. But Jongin figured that Kyungsoo’s cry wasn’t of pain. The crinkles by his eyes when he smiles when their love making progressed told him otherwise.

Kyungsoo never believes Jongin everytime he whispers to his ears how beautiful he is. He blushes but never admits his convincement. So when Jongin finds no more words to persuade the other boy, he settles by putting those in action. He kisses Kyungsoo and made love with him all night.

 

But I'll love them endlessly 

 

 

 

--

 

I won't let this little things slip out of my mouth 
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to 
I'm in love with you and all these little things

 

Jongin was never good at words. Even since they were introduced to each other as roommates years ago, Jongin couldn’t always find the right words to speak when he’s in front of the older boy. Which left Kyungsoo always the one initiating a conversation.

It took him almost three years to profess his feelings towards the older. Three painstakingly years of just observing, noting, taking all in of how the other boy’s actions are just flawless in Jongin’s eyes.

Kyungsoo lives a routine. Waking up at sharp 6 A.M., taking a shower for precisely 20 minutes, fixes breakfast for both of them and wakes Jongin up just before he steps out for the university.

He also takes note how Kyungsoo’s eyes disappear when he laughs too much, how he looks like a lost child whenever he widens his eyes a little bit more than normal and how Kyungsoo’s eyes blink rapidly if he’s hurt and if tears are stinging his eyes painfully. How Kyungsoo hates thunderstorms and transforms into a trembling ball of blanket beside him, crying and praying that the storm would go away soon. How Jongin’s simple pat on his back seems to take all of his fears. How Kyungsoo falls asleep peacefully in Jongin’s arms, fully disengaging himself of the loud booming outside.

Jongin took this all in, and slowly, he found himself drowning into Kyungsoo, deeper and deeper, to the extent that he can no longer find his way out of the depths of Kyungsoo’s eyes.

It took him a total of 73 fail attempts of asking the older out, about thousands of text messages unsent because of procrastination, hundreds of love letters ripped, rounds and rounds of practicing his confession (which never made it out of his mouth whenever Kyungsoo’s around) in front of the mirror, and million shots untaken to say ‘I love you Kyungsoo hyung, I really do’

But when the 13th day of January ticked, everything just spilled out of Jongin’s mouth uncontrollably. Everything spluttered out beyond his control. His grip on the other’s shoulders as he said ‘Kyungsoo hyung I love you. I love you for this whole three years. I love how you always smile when you’re with me, how you manage stay up and watch such childish Pororo just to keep me company when I can’t fall asleep, how you feed me with your won cooking and how you always take care of me everytime I’m sick. Hyung I know I may just be a mere dongsaeng for you, but I want you to know that… that… I have few more intentions… rather than just to be your dongsaeng…I want to be something more. Someone who will hold a special piece of your heart.’

They just stared at each other for a span of few moments. Kyungsoo didn’t budge an inch, nor spoke or even whispered just a few responses. It almost seemed he stopped breathing. He just stared at Jongin with eyes full of bewilderment. And when Jongin finally dropped his hands from the other’s shoulder in resignation, he was pulled aback with the little voice that spoke.

‘Why would you like someone like me?’ the other asks, tilting his head.

Jongin lifts his head, tears b in his eyes for the impending rejection he expects.

‘I don’t know…. I can’t… I can’t find the words to say, all I know is that I love you hyung… I really do.’

When tears started to spill, he immediately felt the warm fingers wiping his cheeks dry.

‘I….’ he takes Jongin’s hand in his and coaxes the younger to look at him. When Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, he was surprised to see those eyes mild and happy. Almost as if he was pleased, as if something was loaded off of his shoulders after a long time.

‘Jongin, am I dreaming? Tell me.’

Jongin squeezes his hand tighter in response, ‘No hyung.’

‘That’s good..’ the older exhales with a smile. He beams at Jongin who was all too confused why the love of his life is now smiling in front of him instead of shooing him away after that flabbergasting confession.

‘Are you not…going to push me away?’

‘Why am I going to do that?’ Kyungsoo leans in and catches Jongin’s lips in a surprise. The kiss was naïve and innocent. A simple brushing of pair of lips. But for Jongin, magic was making its work. Butterflies raging inside of his stomach, fireworks everywhere. Kyungsoo’s lips were just as what he expected, it was soft. And when Kyungsoo broke the kiss, Jongin grabbed his wrist to prevent him from pulling away fully. Kyungsoo’s breath still hovers his and it tickles. But when Kyungsoo speaks the next sentence, Jongin found himself smiling along with the smaller boy.

‘Why would I push you away….when our feelings are mutual?’

 

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep 
Though it makes no sense to me 

 

Days before their awaited day, Jongin finds the space beside him unoccupied. He props himself up and found the door ajar. He slips out of the covers and makes his way to kitchen.

There he found his doe eyed lover sipping a drink from a steaming cup. Kyungsoo instinctively looks up upon hearing the approaching footsteps, he smiles sheepishly and Jongin strides to kiss him good morning. Though it was technically 2 A.M.

Jongin asks him why he’s out here and he answers simply, ‘I can’t sleep…’

‘Then why didn’t you wake me? I could’ve keep you company’ the younger pouts and Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh.

Kyungsoo places his cup on the table and brushes some strands of hair from Jongin’s forehead. He leans and kisses Jongin again, hands cupping the younger’s cheek warmly.

‘I’m sorry… it’s just that… Jongin I’m feeling nervous. It’s only two days from now.’

Jongin scoots closer and snakes his arms around the older’s waist. He buries his nose on the crook of Kyungsoo’s neck and inhales. Ah, the scent he’s been addicted to.

‘What’s there to be nervous about?’ he peppers Kyungsoo’s neck with kisses, which made the older in the other hand shiver in the contact.

‘I don’t know… Jongin I’m scared. What if I can’t satisfy you? What if you’ll grow tired of me after years? What if I can’t be the bride you expect me to be, what if—‘

Jongin kisses the boy to stop, and it worked effectively. He melted under Jongin’s taste and eventually relaxed. He gripped on the hem of Jongin’s shirt, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss.

And when the younger pulls away, it was his turn to brush some strands away from the older’s forehead.

‘Why do you think I asked you to marry me?’

‘Because you said you love me…and that you want to spent the rest of eternity with me.’

‘Exactly,’ he pats Kyungsoo’s cheek and kissed it after. ‘Kyung I’m not expecting anything from you. I’m not expecting everything to turn out perfectly after we get married. I know we will experience bumps ahead, but hey, that’s why I want to keep you by my side forever. I want to face those challenges with you, no one else. I want to wake up with you every morning. Taste your cooking and fall asleep in your sweet kisses. Kyungsoo I’m not asking for a perfect fairy tale, I’m only asking for a happy reality. With you.’

 

 

Later that night, Kyungsoo talks in his sleep.

Jongin stifles a laugh for he recognizes it as their vows.

 

You never love yourself half as much as I love you 
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to 
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh

 

Kyungsoo has this habit of taking Jongin’s picture without the latter’s consent. Most of them are candid. Jongin’s side profile, Jongin blowing his stew on a spoon, Jongin laughing while watching Pororo, Jongin curled up like a ball falling asleep and many more.

To put it simple, Kyungsoo loves every of Jongin’s angle. He found it very entertaining how Jongin’s smiles differ in every situation, whether it’s sincere or faked. Kyungsoo can tell about it.

 

The morning before their day, Jongin wakes up with a camera leveled to his face. He stirs and hears the familiar giggles, ringing and ringing in his ears like a melody. He sits up and finds Kyungsoo now seated at the end of the bed, camera on hand and obviously recording Jongin’s just awoken face.

‘Kyung…what are you doing?’ he mumbles, running his fingers through his slick black hair.

‘Nothing,’ he giggles. ‘Just taking a video of my soon-to-be-husband’s wake up moment.’

‘Whyyy..’ the other wails, instantly burying his face back to the pillows, feeling conscious out of the sudden. ‘Cut that off baby, it’s so early in the morning.’

‘I’ll cut this only if you go shower now. You know we have to settle something for today.’

‘I know I know.’ The younger mutters under the sheets and Kyungsoo laughs again, walking to the bedside and sits beside the grunting boy. He continues filming, laughing while poking Jongin’s sides.

But Jongin suddenly sits up and took hold of his wrist, dragged the older down until he’s on his lap. He then snatched the camera from Kyungsoo’s hold and kept it arms length away while keeping his hug on Kyungsoo’s waist tight to keep the other from escaping.

It was Jongin who then laughed and turns the lens towards then, he then calls out a brief ‘Hey baby look at me’ and when the ever oblivious Kyungsoo turns, Jongin surprised him with a full kiss on his lips.

 

Caught on camera.

 

Kyungsoo’s face was beet red the moment Jongin pulled away. The other just grinned. Revenge is always sweet, especially if it involves kissing Kyungsoo.

The older boy then hits his chest lightly in clear embarrassment, muttering ‘kissing moments are supposed to be private’, but Jongin only gathered him in his arms and lift him up as if he’s as light as a feather.

‘Sorry, I just wanted to keep a video of me kissing you.’ The younger clicks his tongue.

Kyungsoo turns even red.

 

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth 
but if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to 
I'm in love with you, and all your little things.

 

But nothing beats the clarity of yesterday’s event. Jongin can tell detail by detail how Kyungsoo was practically glowing on his white tux. How he looked like an angel while walking down the aisle, and Jongin can feel the exact same rush he felt yesterday while waiting for Kyungsoo by the altar just by reminiscing.

A smile inevitably tugs on Jongin’s lips as the images of Kyungsoo walking towards him flashes on his mind. By that moment he felt fulfilled. He was waiting for that moment for long years. He was desperate, desperate to hear Kyungsoo say the binding vows.

And the hour passed by and the next thing he knows he was reaching for Kyungsoo’s left hand, slipping the gold ring while reciting his vows clearly. His eyes stay fixated on the ring that’s now on Kyungsoo’s finger, he squeezes the other’s hand and they smiled at each other. Kyungsoo does the same a moment later, having a little difficulty to control his wavering voice and inserting the ring to Jongin’s finger with his shaking hands.

But everything then felt perfect when they heard the words ‘I do’ from each other’s mouth and when their lips met for a chaste moment. The clapping died down moments later and Jongin took his bride’s waist to bring him closer, kissing the side of his head lovingly and whispering ‘you’re finally mine’ before his ears.

The newlywed couple kept their smiles all throughout the day, hand in hand they greeted the new road ahead of them. The road to forever.

 

 

 

I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth 
but if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to 
I'm in love with you, and all your little things.

 

Kyungsoo cracks his eyes open and is greeted by his husband’s handsome face. He immediately smiles, leaning to rub their noses together lovingly. Jongin pulls him closer by the waist and peppers his face with kisses, Kyungsoo could only giggle while receiving the early morning gift. And then Jongin held his face and brought the latter’s lips to his. Kyungsoo sighed in the kiss and smiled soon as they parted. Although he’s exhausted from last night’s affair and that the pain shooting his lower back is unbearable, he concludes he can’t regret anything. Everything with his husband is just plain perfect.

‘Kyung…’

‘Hm?’

‘Do you remember that time when you asked me why I like you?’

‘You mean that time you confessed to me?’ the younger nods, ‘Yeah I remember, why?’

‘I think I can answer that now.’ He answers with a smile.

‘Hmmm..’ Kyungsoo nuzzles his nose with the younger, ‘let’s hear it.’

‘I love how your eyes turn into crescents when you smile, your laugh… it’s music to my ears Kyung. I love it when you get embarrassed with little things that you turn as red as a tomato and hide yourself behind everything you see.’ Kyungsoo looks at him, nods at every word Jongin speaks and so the younger even drags himself closer to the other, leaving them only a breath apart. Jongin then the other’s cheek fondly, ‘I love how these cheeks turn pink when I kiss them’, then moves down to swipe his thumb across Kyungsoo’s lower lip, ‘Or when I kiss this beautiful lips.’ Jongin smiles.

‘Jongin…’

‘I love how it feels to have you in my arms, I love the way you look me, the way you take care of me. Every word you say to me, all these years, I keep them and cherish them deep in my heart. Even the tiniest things about you, I love them all Kyungie..’

He kisses him sweet, again and again.

‘And now it’s my time to take care of you. I’ll cherish you forever Kyungsoo…’

Kyungsoo can feel the stinging in his eyes. He knows Jongin is never the vocal type of person and it is the first time in their relationship that he’d heard Jongin speak of something like this.

‘Jongin..’ he hugs the younger as tight as he could muster, ‘Thank you, thank you for loving someone as average as me.’

‘No baby,’ Jongin cuts him, pulling himself back a little to face the other. ‘You are the most perfect person to me, remember that okay? Never think of yourself any less than the others. Do Kyungsoo you’re perfect for me. Without you.. I don’t know if I can survive. You complete me.’

Kyungsoo nods his head, not finding the words to push it further for he’s already thawed by Jongin’s words. He settles by burying himself further on Jongin’s chest. The smell of freshness invading his nostrils.

‘Oh, by the way I forgot something..’ the younger says.

Kyungsoo looks up, ‘What is it?’

Jongin presses a kiss on his temple and smiles at him brightly.

 

 

 

‘Good morning, Mr. Kim Kyungsoo.'

 

 

 

 

You're perfect to me 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Pukes rainbows everwhere.

I hope you enjoyed this shortfic!