The Gifts

Tama's Christmas

We were seated in the old man's office. I don’t really know why. The others were really antsy since they have been getting calls every 5 minutes of things going wrong with EXO. I just sat quietly while ChanYeol messaged me on how funny it was when the girls weren’t around.

~Yeol don’t tease. you know how frustrating it is for my Unnies~ Tama

~I know T. But really Chen’s hair...XD ~ Yeollie

The doors to the room then opened and I placed the phone into my pocket. “Afternoon ladies.” He said and took his seat. I took note of the large folder in his hands.

“Sir if possible 5 of us really need to get going. EXO is leaving for Taiwan tonight.” Tory said and he shook his head. Oh yeah I totally forgot about that no wonder ChanYeol was so hyper last night. The boy always said that he wanted to show me around when I finally get to travel with them.

“You 5 will be able to leave in 10 minutes.” He said and we looked at each other.

“Sir I’m actually needed now. One of the girls just turned Chen’s hair orange.” Manpreet said. I tried not to burst out laughing since I thought Yeol had only been joking, and JoEun almost fell out of her seat. She would murder the codie who had done that to her boyfriend. Me on the other hand had already seen Yeollie with so many didn’t hair colors that it didn’t really affect me anymore.

“You’ll be able to fix it soon.” The man said as he took out 15 envelopes. Oh yeah there were other workers in the room with us. Now that I looked around we were all the international staff that was working here at SME. “Now girls you all have been very busy over the year. So I would like to give your Christmas gifts early.” He said and the envelopes were handed out to each of us. I looked at him confused at the content of the envelope I just opened.

“Sir?” we all said finding plane tickets.

“You are all given 3 weeks off to go home and celebrate with your families.” He said and the 10 others smiled and thanked him. “You all leave on the 15th. Now get going and finish up what you have to do for the 2 weeks you have left before you leave.” He said and the ten rushed out. “Didn’t you 5 have something to do?” He said and Tory sighed, Gurpreet rubbed her temples, I could only blink at the ticket in my hand, JoEun ran a hand through her hair, and Manpreet could only rub the back of her neck. “Girls?” I really didn’t know what to feel about this.

“Sir, EXO is the busiest group you have. We don’t have time to go home.” Tory said and he smiled at her. That’s so true. We don’t have time. And I had plans I was making for me and ChanYeol.

“This is why you girls need time off. You five basically live and breath EXO. I even had to bring you back to the group Tory after moving you to work with f(x). And Tama was brought in since she works best when there are younger fans involved with the group. Your sister was called in because I needed someone to deal with the scheduling for the group. Gurpreet hasn’t had time to relax since she is always working on training new backup dancers for the guys since the choreography is so rigorous that many of the dancers quit after two shows. And Manpreet has been on call for the entire year whenever something happens since she is the lead coordinator.” He said and then all our phones rang, yes even mine for a change. “You all better get going. I’ll see all five of you before you leave for your vacation.” He said and we ran out of the room.

Arriving at the salon was no laughing matter. Its like hell broke loose. I could see Tory trying not to want to start punching people. She took a deep breath and then whistled. She then handed the reins to Manpreet. “Alright backup dancers go over to Gurpreet. Managers get over to Tory and JoEun. Codies go over to Tama and talk to her about what the guys need before we head out. Guys stop fidgeting and let the hair stylists do their job.” She said and everyone did as told.  

I was taking notes on what the other codies were saying but my mind was not really all here. All I could think about was the plane ticket that was in my bag. This was throwing cold water into my holiday plans.


When we were on the way to the studio I was riding with Tory since I wanted to talk with her. “Hey Tory.” I said as she stopped at a light behind the guys van.

“Hum?” She didn’t look at me.

“Could I possibly decline the plane ticket?” She turned to look at me.

“Tama... I know that you don’t want to leave ChanYeol for the holiday but I know for a fact that your parents have been wanting you to come home for about 6 months now. They constantly call me wanting to know how you are.” She said and I sighed.

“But...”

“I don’t know what to say Tama. I wish you could stay with him. I wish I could stay as well. But we can’t. SooMan is right you know. We live and breath EXO.”

“I guess.” I said and then her cell phone beeped. I looked at the message as she continued driving.  “Tory has there been some problems in the Philippines for you?” I asked since Tory still didn’t like telling any of us her troubles.

“I bit, but its nothing I can’t handle.” She said and I disregarded the message then.