Hidden History

Picture Imperfection
 

 

The final bell rang and almost all the students were cheering. The students were walking out of homeroom and practically running out of the school.

Donghae, who was in the same homeroom as Tessa, decided to wait for Tessa and walk home with her. “Have a great day you two!” Miss Jo smiled at the two, “And Tessa, feel free to show Donghae around the town sometime”

“Will do, Miss Jo” Tessa smiled as she playfully saluted her.

“Hope you don’t mind me walking home with you” Donghae said.

“Nonsense, I don’t mind at all.” Tessa replied, “Besides, we live across the street from each other so we would be walking home together anyway”

“True” Donghae smiled as they left the school.

“You just moved in Saturday, right?” Tessa asked in attempts to get a conversation going.

Donghae nodded, “Yeah, we haven’t really gotten the chance to explore the town”

Tessa nodded in reply. She seemed to be planning something with her new found information. As they were walking, a few guys happen to notice her and did their usual thing.

“A yo, Tessa!” one of them cheered.

“Wassup, Tessa!” another cheered.

“Loved your performance Saturday!” the third followed up.

Tessa just waved coolly at them. Donghae seemed confused, “Does this always happen?”

“Yes it does” Tessa replied.

Donghae was going to question her further but he didn’t realize they had arrived home. “Oh damn, we’re already home?”

Tessa chuckled at his innocent expression, “Time just flew by, huh? Well that happens when you don’t live far away from school”

“I guess you’re right” Donghae sadly said as they got to the intersection. “Before I forget, when do you want to work on that dance?”

“If you’re not busy, we could get started on it tonight. If not, we can always try tomorrow” Tessa replied.

Donghae then thought about it, “I think if I can convince umma, we can go with tonight at my house”

“Sounds good” Tessa smiled as she walked across the street to her house.


 
~~~~****~~~~****~~~~ ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~


“So how was your first day?” Dongahe’s umma, Hyangsuk, asked as they were cooking supper together.

“It was pretty fun, surprisingly” Donghae happily replied.

“Did you make any friends?” Hyangsuk asked again.

Donghae then thought back to Eunhyuk and Tessa, “Yes I did and actually...” Just before he finished his sentence, the doorbell rang.

“Who could that be?” Hyangsuk quietly said to herself as she went to go answer the door.

“Annyeonghaesyo” A man apporximately Hyangsuk’s age and a girl Donghae’s age beamed smiles as they greeted her.

“Annyeonghaseyo” Hyangsuk smiled, “What brings you here?”

“If isn’t trouble at all, we would like to get to know our new neighbors” the man smiled. “Oh, and I’m Choi Junghee and this is my daughter Tessa”

By hearing that familiar name, Donghae’s ears perked up as he slowly walked to the living room. “Hey, Tessa” he smiled.

“Hey, Donghae” Tessa greeted back.

“You two know each other?” Hyangsuk asked.

“She was one of the friends I made during school today, umma” Donghae replied.

Hyangsuk showed off a really bright smile, “That’s wonderful, and she’s really pretty too”

Tessa blushed a little bit, “Oh, I’m not that pretty”

“Nonsense, you’re my daughter, why wouldn’t you be good looking?” Junghee protested.

“We were just about to have dinner, would it be okay if you join us?” Hyangsuk asked.

“It would be our pleasure” Junghee smiled as everyone made their way to the dining room.

As they were eating, Hyangsuk decided to ask Junghee and Tessa a few questions. “So, is it just you two or do you have any other kids?”

“I do have a son, but he goes to a boarding school across town so he stays at the dorms” Junghee replied.

“How old is he?” Hyangsuk asked.

Tessa looked at Junghee as if saying ‘I’d really not say’ so Junghee replied with, “Let’s keep that information on the DL”

“Okay, I’m sorry for asking. On a different subject, I bet you should know that my son is an amazing dancer” Hyangsuk smiled as she motioned towards Donghae.

“It’s nothing special” Donghae shyly shrugged.

“That’s what you said before!” Tessa objected, “And I still haven’t seen you dance”

Hyangsuk looked towards Donghae in disbelief, “She hasn’t seen you dance yet?!”

“I was actually hoping we could work on our dance project tonight, if that’s okay with you.” Donghae replied.

“Of course that’s okay with me” Hyangsuk smiled, “As a matter of fact, if you two are done eating, you can use us the basement to work”

“Kamsahapnida, Hyangsuk-ssi” Tessa formally thanked her.

“No need to be so formal around me” Hyangsuk smiled.

Tessa smiled back as she and Donghae went to the basement. “Is your son always this quiet?” Junghee asked once the two were gone.

“Not really, but I know he’ll open up more and be the loud and proud fish that he is” Hyangsuk smiled.

“So is it just you and Donghae? If you don’t mind me asking” Junghee politely asked.

Hyangsuk sadly smiled, “Unfortunately, my husband passed away not too long ago and he wanted Donghae to go to this school, so we moved here”

“Oh, I’m sorry” Junghee felt a little bad but he wanted to know.

“What about you?” Hyangsuk politely asked back as she was picking up the dishes.

“My wife disappeared about 16 years ago” Junghee sadly replied, “It was when I was in America for a business trip. When I came home, all that was left was a note.”

“Must have been hard on you” Hyangsuk felt a little sympathy.

“Oh well, the only girl I need in my life is Tessa so I am content” Junghee smiled.

“Speaking of...” Hyangsuk smirked, “I know it’s only the first day they met but how about we set them up this Saturday?”

Junghee chuckled, “I think Tessa’s way ahead of you”
 
 

 

Hmm... seems like Tessa has taken a liking to Donghae. What could this mean?
 
It also seems that Tessa is well-loved in her neighborhood and Donghae still seems like a stranger to the parts. I'm pretty sure he'll adapt with no problem. Also, his neighbors, Tessa and her appa Junghee, visit them and stay for dinner. What could Hyangsuk and Junghee be planning for Donghae and Tessa?
 
Also a good quesion here: Since you already know who Tessa's brother is, (it's in the description) so why doesn't Tessa want to mention him? I'm pretty sure that will be answered in a later chapter.
 
Well, see you guys later!
 
Currently listening to: y Love - T-ara