My Heart Breaks Down For You

Picture Imperfection
 

 

The next morning, Donghae and Eunhyuk arrived at the school together early in the morning to record the song, then film the music video. Donghae was extremely suspicious of Eunhyuk after reading the script for the music video.
 
Eunhyuk didn’t pay any mind to Donghae’s intense stares as he emitted a carefree aura. “Let’s say we get this show on the road so we can get an A, huh?” Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile.
 
Donghae just shot a small glare his way as they arrived at the music room. “Now that Eunhyuk and Donghae are the last ones here, let’s not waste any time and get this done!” Sungmin said the moment they walked in the door.
 
Eunhyuk was as enthusiastic as ever but Donghae showed the opposite. Kyuhyun noticed his behavior and smirked. ‘I wonder what he’s going to do when the time comes’
 
The recording of the song went flawlessly as everyone sang their parts right the first time. Tessa was especially surprised since Zhou Mi said her pronunciation was spot on.
 
“It’s only 9:30… off to the set we go!!” Henry cheered.
 
The others chuckled as they followed his lead. “How much are we shooting?” Kyuhyun asked.
 
“Two dance versions, two solo shots, a group shot, and the semi-plot” Tessa answered.
 
“That’s quite a bit…” Eunhyuk mumbled.
 
“You want an A on this project, don’t you?” Tessa fired back.
 
Eunhyuk remained quiet for the rest of the walk while the others chuckled at him. “How are we going about filming?” Zhou Mi asked.
 
“We’ll do one of the dance versions first, then we’ll do the solo shots in that same set. Then we’ll do the plot. After that is more solo shots, and we’ll finish it off with the second dance version” Sungmin answered.
 
“So let’s not waste any time and get to work!” Kyuhyun cheered as they arrived at the first set.
 
Zhou Mi coordinated everyone’s wardrobe while Sungmin and Tessa took care of the makeup. After step one was done, they went straight to the set and got into position.
 
The film crew, (three guys from the film producing class), played the music and they began to dance. Somehow, they flawlessly performed the dance. After the music ended, “…and cut! Great job, on the first take too” one of the guys smiled.
 
“Thanks. I take it we don’t have to do that again?” Eunhyuk seemed hopeful.
 
“If you’re that hopeful… we’ve got plenty more to film anyway” Tessa replied in a serious tone and headed off the set.
 
Donghae stared after her with a worried expression.
 
 
~~~~****~~~~****~~~~ ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
 
 
About an hour later, the guys started to get exhausted but Tessa didn’t pay attention to that. “Come one guys, don’t be lagging now! We’ve still got the plot part to film now” she told the others.
 
The guys groaned but complied as they went to the set. Eunhyuk started talking to Donghae as they were walking.
 
“You read the script?” Eunhyuk asked, clearly knowing the answer.
 
“Yeah, and I’m pretty sure you wrote the damn thing” Donghae mumbled.
 
“Don’t be too sure… you never know who actually wrote it” Eunhyuk shrugged.
 
“I’m pretty sure that’s a hint to something that I may or may not understand in the future” Donghae sighed.
 
Eunhyuk only chuckled at his friend, “You’ll understand in due time”
 
Donghae pouted as they watched Henry, Sungmin, and Tessa film their scenes in the plot. Tessa basically played the main character in the plot, mostly because she was the only girl of the group.
 
Donghae was completely mesmerized by Tessa’s acting. The others caught him completely in a daze.
 
“Dude, you’ve got it bad” Kyuhyun smacked Donghae’s shoulder.
 
He snapped out of his trance and looked at Kyuhyun with guilty eyes. “I guess I do, huh”
 
“There’s a reason you’ve got the special scene” Kyuhyun dropped off the slight hint.
 
Donghae thought back to the script and mixed feelings rushed through his mind. “Donghae! Your turn to film!!” the film crew shouted at him.
 
He released a sigh and went into the battlefield. He and Tessa made eye contact for a brief moment before listening to the instructions of the scene.
 
“We’re thinking of putting this particular scene right before the second chorus. Donghae’s part in particular during the second verse” one of the guys explained.
 
Tessa nodded while Donghae kept a poker face. On the inside, both of them were extremely nervous about the scene. They got into position to start filming the scene.
 
The scene: Donghae sneaks up behind Tessa, grabs her arm and turns her around, pins her to the wall, and leans in.
 
The guys played the music for the bgm, “And… action!”
 
The two composed themselves and started acting out the scene. Tessa looked around as she was supposed to. Donghae did his part as he grabbed her wrist, spun her around, and pinned her to the wall. He hesitated as he was leaning in but that’s when they called cut.
 
“Donghae-hyung, everything was perfect until you started leaning in.” One of the camera guys started out.
 
“It’s okay if you actually kiss her, we’re going to cut away right before you do so make it believable” the second guy added.
 
Donghae blushed a little as Tessa looked at him with a worried glance. The two started the scene again but this time things went smoothly.
 
Donghae repeated what he did last time, but this time around he didn’t hold back. He leaned in so close Tessa could feel his breath on her lips. The thing was, he kept leaning in… to the point where their lips touched.
 
It was only for a small moment, but it seems both of them felt some sort of spark… too bad the guys called cut.
 
“That was much better! On to the next scene!!”
 
Donghae backed away and noticed Tessa’s cheeks turning a small shade of pink. He inwardly smirked as he thought of something. Tessa just walked off the set slowly to grab something to drink.
 
“What are you going to do now, Donghae?” Eunhyuk muttered under his breath as he witnessed the scene.
 
 
~~~~****~~~~****~~~~ ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
 
 
After completing the second set of solo shots, it was time for the second dance version. The group knew if they did this perfect in one try, they can go home and it was getting pretty late.
 
It was going really well during the dance, although Kyuhyun slipped on the floor once, it went unnoticeable by everyone else. The take was good and the filming was done.
 
“Great job everyone! That’s a wrap for today”
 
Everyone cheered as they walked to the dressing room and changed back into their street clothes. Most of the guys were in baggy t-shirts with sweatpants or basketball shorts. Tessa… was in similar clothing, to the surprise of Zhou Mi and Sungmin.
 
“What’s with your getup?” Sungmin asked as he casually nudged her shoulder.
 
“All my stuff’s in the laundry and I have to steal my brother’s clothes… I know I look like a midget wearing normal people’s cloths” Tessa pouted a little.
 
“You look cute, actually” Zhou Mi commented.
 
“Thanks? I guess” Tessa awkwardly replied.
 
The two left the school as Tessa slowly followed them to the front doors. She was just to the main room before she heard some heavy footsteps behind her. She turned her head and saw Donghae running towards her.
 
“Hey,” Donghae smiled right before surprising Tessa with kiss square on the lips.
 
Tessa mind was completely blank even after Donghae broke away. He kept a sugar sweet smile. “I’ll see you around”
 
With that, he left the school leaving Tessa to regain her thoughts. After she snapped back into reality, Eunhyuk walked up towards her. “What now?”
 
“I think he’s starting to get it”
 

 

What will happen now? Donghae seems to be learning... Hmm...
 
The music video was a success! Sorry if this chapter seemed a bit boring, I promise it won't be in the next few chapters because awesome stuff will happen!
 
So Donghae grew out of his nervousness and kissed Tessa. What could this trigger in Tessa's mind? I guess we'll find out in future chapters.
 
If you guys are curious about Donghae and Tessa's background, both will be more detailed coming soon.
 
See you then!
 
Currently listening to: What's Going On? - B1A4