Kiss the girl!

Kiss the girl!

How frustrating it is to know exactly what you want, while being aware of the fact that you can't have it? It's the exact feeling that overwhelms him currently, as Zhou Mi decides fate is cruel and his company is full of vicious people. He wonders why he have been so excited about acting and starring in this drama, when he knows now, that it will lead to his doom. He's quite aware of the fact he can't maintain a poker face and dreads the moment when the eyes of the other guys will finally land on him and see the expression he has on his face.

He also curses the script-writers, because that scene wasn't included in the original scenario he got few months ago. When Zhou Mi reads the new script for the first time, he blinks and rereads the lines few times, before he realizes what he's doing and stops the nonsense. For a short moment he wonders if he hangs out with his Korean friends too much, because suddenly he isn't sure if he understands Chinese anymore.

He reads further though and ignores the way Calvin and Sean start giggling on the side, probably reaching the same point. He sighs in relief when it seems that the romantic moment which was described in the script, doesn't end in a kiss. However, his heart is still beating loudly in his chest when he reads about the next part of the episode. And then Mi gets to the part which, he personally thinks, will doom him.

Quietly and in the privacy of his mind, Zhou Mi curses in all languages he knows and closes his eyes for a brief second to absorb the information. Calvin whistles behind him and Zhou Mi hurriedly opens his eyes and looks ahead at Liu Chao, sitting on the floor. He is his closest friend in the room, though knowing Calvin, he would protest hearing that, and Zhou Mi feels he can predict how Liu Chao will react, but he wants to see it with his own eyes. He waits and witnesses how Liu Chao's face transforms and he looks up to grin at Zhou Mi. Mi stares back at him helplessly.

And then Liu Chao starts making kissy faces and all men in the room laugh at him, because the way he squeezes his eyes and makes noises with his mouth is hilarious. Calvin starts even tearing up. And if Zhou Mi's laugh is a bit too strained to seem real, the others are nice enough not to point it out to him. Or they're too busy laughing their assess of to notice.

It's not the kissing-scene and the promise of awkwardness which makes them laugh. They all know Zhou Mi's not-so-well-hidden-secret and laugh at his misfortune (or maybe good luck? It all depends on the perspective).

They continue reading and Calvin is the first to finish. He puts his elbows on the table he is sitting at and his gaze is trained on Zhou Mi. At the same time Zhou Mi can't concentrate on the words he's supposed to read and it probably shows on his face. At some point, he just gives up and only searches for his spoken parts, trying to memorize the situations, comparing them to what he already have learnt already. But in his mind, he goes back to the scene where he kisses Victoria Song.

His very real, adorable friend, who doesn't know about Zhou Mi's crush on her, because that would make things even more mortifying.

“Shang Lin,” Calvin's voice is teasing when he calls out to Zhou Mi, “I can kiss her for you if you're that nervous, it's not like I won't kiss her again,” he sighs as if he doesn't like the prospect of it at all. It makes Sean snort again, while Zhou Mi looks up and pouts both of them, fighting the urge to cover his stomach with his arms. He has the script in his hands though, so instead he slightly tightens the hold he has on the papers.

“Oh, I'm sure you'll have many opportunities for that, Yu Jiang,” he glances sideways, partly acting as his Shang Lin persona, his eyes catching Sean's amused stare and manages to smirk at Calvin, “Or are you that scared that I'll be a better kisser?”

“Oh I'm an excellent kisser,” Calvin counters, straightening his face, also trying to fit into his role, “The girl I choose to kiss, will be the luckiest of them all. You should watch me kissing, so maybe you'll learn some new tricks and stop envying my skills,” He stands up and points to his lips.

Liu Chao makes some more disgusting kissing noises and Sean winks at each of the men in the room and blows kisses at them. This time when Zhou Mi laughs, it's more real and lighter and he shuts his eyes, feeling the muscles in his stomach clenching. He got so close to these guys, it's almost a pity they will have to part ways after the filming is over. Well, Liu Chao will still be there at SM. And so will Victoria...

Suddenly that thought makes him nervous and he almost wishes that Song Qian was from another company, so they wouldn't meet often after the drama promotions were over. He was sure he won't enjoy the next days when the party scenes will be filmed.

The problem is... He really wants to kiss her. But in front of cameras? With few retakes surely, because he can already guess how nervous he will be. And Qian will smile at him and softly tell him there is no reason to be nervous and he'll fall for her a little bit more. Not long later, he'll have to witness her and Calvin kissing and that upsets him even more. Maybe it's just acting, but he still isn't lucky enough to get the girl he likes.

~~*~~

Victoria is elegant and eloquent and also very cute and talented. She knows so herself and she really worked hard for all of it. But – maybe because she hangs out with her younger bandmates often – she still has girlish charm and an innocent personality. So when Emily starts making spluttering noises and starts telling her how lucky she is, Victoria only smiles and keeps on reading the scenario in front of her. In few hours they will meet for the first reading of it, so she now just wants to grasp the concept and get to know the scenes and situations which are going to be filmed.

She blinks few times reading about 'Shang Lin leaning closer to Ya Yin as if to kiss her, but backs out at the last moment with an apology'. And presses her lips together, almost imaging Zhou Mi's breath on her lips. She shakes her head and looks up to see the other females in the room reading calmly. She scolds herself and goes back to reading in silence. Until all three girls coo at the same moment making her look up at them sitting around the room. They all smile at her and encourage her to read faster. Victoria scowls but obliges.

When she gets to the part where she is supposed to be dreaming, she anticipates the culmination of the scene before she reads about it. Ya Yin in her dream kisses a masked man and she knows it's Shang Lin, but when he removes his mask, it looks it's not him but Yu Jiang. Ya Yin is confused and lost, not understanding her feelings. In one way, Victoria feels envious of her.

She knew about the love triangle between the characters form the very beginning. She was informed about possible kissing-scenes between her and Calvin. But that she will get to kiss Zhou Mi as well seems very surreal and makes her stare at the pages of the script.

“You're so lucky,” Emily sighs with a grin, “Shang Lin is a real sweetie~”

Victoria shakes her head, hoping it will clear her thoughts, but instead the girl interpret it wrongly.

“You don't agree?” Mi Zian asks with a small polite smile on her lips, easily slipping into her role as Min Qiong. Her eyes twinkle in mischief a second later and she grins fully. “My brother likes you, so he'll be delighted to kiss you~”

The girls laugh but Victoria shakes her head again, wondering if she's the only one who can tell reality and the drama apart. She huffs and goes back to reading, focusing on the next scenes and completely ignoring the teasing from other actresses.

She isn't sure if Ya Yin kissing Shang Lin is a good thing – because herself, Song Qian, will feel awkward after kissing him. She knows it's just acting – and that a kiss is nothing more than a brush of lips, not so different from when two hands brush against each other or when shoulders bump into each other. But it's more intimate and personal.

And she wonders if Zhou Mi had already his first kiss. And then she smiles to herself at the thought. As if such a wonderful guy would be without his first kiss already taken!

~~*~~

“You have to help me,” Zhou Mi almost begs Liu Chao and the other is confused at the request and at the pleading voice Zhou Mi uses. He blinks at him and pokes Zhou Mi's arms and asks if he wants to go to the gym, which makes Mi groan and bury his face in his hands. “Not with that,” he says between his fingers. "I need help with kissing.”

Liu Chao's look of bewilderment speaks volumes, but he still squeaks and taps his forehead with his forefinger before asking Zhou Mi if he is insane.

Zhou Mi continues to miss the point and insists again. “Kissing is hard,” he confesses and he takes his hands off his face, leaving red marks on his pale skin from the squeezing.

Despite the fact he finds it hilarious and would like to joke about it, Liu Chao wants to beg Zhou Mi to be serious about it, but he takes in his features and takes pity of him. He sighs and looks up at the ceiling of the room they're currently staying in before looking at Zhou Mi with a pout. “Do I really need to kiss you?”

The way Zhou Mi's skins turn paler and his eyes widen, Liu Chao knows he misunderstood him and blushes in shame.

“Kiss-kiss me?” Zhou Mi splutters taking a step back from Liu Chao, which makes him trip over a chair and he sits on it awkwardly, barely maintaining his balance. “Who said anything about kissing me!”

“Sorry, I'm so sorry!” Liu Chao says the second Zhou Mi starts backing out, “I thought you were asking for me to teach you and well, that is the easiest way to teach someone, even if it's silly and I didn't want to scare you and don't hate me and let's do something manly afterwards, like go to the gym,” he adds hopefully, a wide smile on his lips. He likes going to the gym and he knows Zhou Mi enjoys it too. Well, maybe not as much as shopping, but still.

Zhou Mi looks a bit unsure but he nods and stops trying to get away from Liu Chao. “Look,” he says with a sigh, “I don't know how to face her. And I'm not used to... kissing, in front of cameras.”

“You mean you're actually used to kissing in private?” Liu Chao deadpans and asks with one of his eyebrows up, his arms crossed on his chest.

Zhou Mi blushes and puffs his cheeks and then looks like a kicked puppy which makes Liu Chao close his eyes, because he is seriously way too cute for a grown-up man. “Of course not,” Zhou Mi mumbles and Liu Chao opens one of his eyes, “But if it wasn't Qian, it would be so much easier...”

“Imagine it's someone else!” Liu Chao proposes and sits next to Zhou Mi while nodding his head.

“Are you an idiot?” Zhou Mi asks without malice, “I'm already thinking I'm not kissing her-her, but her-Ya Yin. It doesn't help.”

“So it's only the nerves?” He gets a nasty look which says clearly what Zhou Mi thinks about his help on the matter and Liu Chao counters him with a look which means 'hey, you asked for it, remember?' He shrugs. “It will be hard. When we'll do the first reading tomorrow try to talk about it with her, okay? Maybe she'll help you calm your nerves down?”

Zhou Mi nods at the words but deep in his heart he knows it's no use. From the moment he heard about the love triangle he was part of, he sincerely doubted that he would be able to be calm.

~~*~~

Victoria wonders why she is so nervous – they're only reading their lines according to the script and listen to all directions and advices the older, more experienced actors have, as well as the script-writers and director. So she nods along and makes notes and glances from time to time at others. She catches Liu Chao giving her awkward looks, which she doesn't understand and notices Zhou Mi is clearly avoiding looking at her, but he spared few glances on others.

It makes her a tiny bit jealous, if she's honest with herself. She listens carefully to the director when he advises them on the kissing scenes, because she finds them quite changeling.

“Those are the first kisses in the show and they will be quite important to the plot. Remember to try and act natural. Song Qian, the kiss in your dream is the kind which would make any girl happy so smile into it and try to be relaxed. When Zhou Mi's character will approach you in the corridor, be like a girl who is about to receive her first kiss from a crush. Be eager and apprehensive at the same time.”

She makes an expression which she hopes conveys those two feelings and when almost everyone chuckles at her, she smiles sweetly. “I'll try my best,” she promises. “And when it's Yu Jiang who kisses Ya Yin,” she nods in Calvin's direction and he winks at her playfully, “I'm supposed to be surprised, right?”

“And a bit resisting, so he'll have to bring Ya Yin closer,” Calvin adds, suddenly serious. The director nods and proceeds to give him some few more tips about the scene and how he imagines it. Meanwhile Victoria's attention returns to Zhou Mi.

As always, he looks perfect. Because he's recently hanging with Sean and Calvin and Chao, he takes even greater care of his looks. Him and Shang Lin are quite similar in that. Just like Shang Lin is known as the most handsome of the Golden Trio, she thinks Zhou Mi is the most good-looking of the three. And just how Shang Lin is the one who brings the characters the most happiness, Zhou Mi's mere presence is enough to make one smile.

She is used to the fact that it's so easy to be happy when he's near her. He smiles at her and she wants to smile back. He whispers into her ear and she wants to stand on the tips of her toes and lean into him to hear that warm voice and feel his warm breath. She wants him to embrace her with his shoulder like he does when they're taking pictures together and she would love it if he really had-

“Song Qian?” Emily's voice snaps her out of her thoughts and she blinks rapidly.

“Yeah?” she whispers back to her, trying her hardest not to blush or it would betray what she was thinking about right now. But Emily still huffs and elbows her.

“Stop daydreaming,” she says with a pout, “Leave that for later.”

Victoria nods in agreement, but she suspects it won't be as easy. The thought is now stuck in her head and she looks up from her script at Zhou Mi. He is reading his lines, his expression a bit sad, even though his voice is anything but. Sean reads with him and shrugs just like he would when acting properly and Zhou Mi sighs accordingly to the script. He wets his lips and they glisten in the bright light. His lips look soft, full and very kissable... A small shiver runs down her her arms and she can feel her whole body tensing with something akin to desire. The look she gives Zhou Mi is full of confusion and she reprimands herself to focus and stop daydreaming.

When he finishes reading his part he looks up and their eyes meet. He smiles, his white teeth showing before he ducks his head. She follows suit, concentrating on following the script.

Still, in the privacy of her heart, she wants him to smile at her like that again.

~~*~~

It's not like he has two left feet. He knows he won't trip over them, but he winces at how stiff he feels. But he is wearing his own clothes and he feels comfortable in the baggy pants and in the loose t-shirt. Victoria is wearing leggins and a skirt, underneath which he has a t-shirt as well. She looks as comfortable as he feels and that makes him more relaxed. But he still dreads the dancing.

He doesn't understand why she volunteered to do it in the first place – there are so many people who would show him how to waltz, why did it have to be her? And she is grinning at him, because she loves dancing. Sometimes when he looks at her, he remembers how Han Geng loved to dance. Even now he smiles at the memory. But she misunderstands him and grabs his hands.

“I know you can dance,” she tells Zhou Mi and pulls him closer. He takes few uncertain steps and looks at his feet, worried he will step on her heels any second now. Qian laughs and he smiles uncertainly.

“Teach me?” he pleads and tries his best to look cute.

It works, because she ducks her head, laughing and shakes her head at the same time, “Okay, follow my lead,” she instructs. “As a man you'll be the one leading later, so you're the one who makes the first step forward, with your left leg. I'll move my right, so if you'll make a mistake, you'll step over me. Don't do that,” she asks with an amused smile, “It's very easy once you get the hang of it. It's an English type of waltz, so we will be moving in a square.”

Zhou Mi nods at each of her words and looks how she moves her feet. She is still holding his hands at an arm length and squeezes them, making him look up at her. “Count to three, it'll make things easier. At first just look at my movements and try to remember how I put my feet. You'll have to mirror the steps, just starting from the other leg. It's the basic step only, so it's nothing to be scared of.”

He believes her, but he still feels uneasy. He nods at her though and she chuckles at his stern face. “And smile, Mimi, such a grumpy face doesn't suit you at all. One,” She moves her right leg back, then she whispers “Two,” and her left leg follows, her foot barely touching the floor as she makes the step to the side. Finally she says “Three,” as both of her feet get together. She starts counting again, this time starting with her left foot, which goes to the front. She moves in the square few time, counting slowly, until she thinks Zhou Mi finally got the hang of it.

Even if he alone thinks he kind of gets it, he is still sure he'll step on Qian and that it's stupid that they're practicing it alone. He swallows though and when she squeezes his hands, he moves with her. His eyes are glued to their feet and he counts with her in unison, careful not to make a mistake. Surprisingly, he doesn't trip or step on her but makes the mistake to look up and grin at her.

His concentration broken, he immediately looses the rhythm and moves his leg a moment too late, which results in Victoria stepping on him while Zhou Mi makes a very manly yelp. He's sure male dolphins make the same sound when startled.

But she laughs at him and offers to try it again until he gets quite good at it and doesn't need to look down anymore. He can even talk with her without breaking his concentration. She laughs and smiles at him and her hands are warm. He treasures this moment in his heart and knows it'll become a memory he will often look back at.

“According to the script,” she says when they both get tired of the same repetitive move, “We should spice it up.”

Zhou Mi dreads those words and stiffens at the mere mention of doing something to spice things up. Usually when he hears things like that from his managers, it means one of the Super Junior-M members will be shirtless or in fishnets, or will expose their perfect upper body or end up kissing another bandmate... So he pales when Victoria announces to him that she wants to spicy things up. He is astonished to learn, she meant a different way to dance, simple enough for him to follow.

Victoria pushes him away lightly, while taking a step back and lets go of one of his hands, but he isn't worried, because the grip she has on his other hand is still strong. He mimics her pose, as she outstretches her free hand behind her. Instinctively he tugs on her hand, which he is holding and she grins at him in a silent compliment. They both take a step forward and she quickly instructs Zhou Mi to move to the side. He stumbles a bit but does as she said, to one side and then to another and the pushes him away again.

He watches her go and she says she should spin now, so he lifts his arm and is surprised to catch her easily when she finishes turning. Victoria chuckles at him, holding him firmly. “And now,” she says with amusement, “You should bend me over.”

Zhou Mi blinks at her and tightens his hold. She doesn't mind at all, continuing smiling. “Bend you over?” he echoes, carefully pronouncing the words.

Qian nods and he again follows his instinct. She has one her arms around his neck, so he knows how to bend to trip her over and he tries to be gentle and graceful. He must be successful, because when they straighten, Victoria claps her hands and says he's ready.

He smiles at her and thanks her many times until she blushes and playfully slaps his back. For a moment, a carefree moment he forgets all about the drama and banters with her, teasing her and complimenting at the same time. She still has that faint blush on her cheeks and she laughs each time he smiles, making him feel light-headed. He wishes he could stay in that state for a bit longer.

~~*~~

She closes her eyes as more powder is applied to her nose. Someone asks if her feet aren't hurting, but she smiles before shaking her head. She's used to high heels, it's silly to think she would get uncomfortable in them so quickly. Though she isn't sure how long they were filming.

She sighs as Sean pokes Zhou Mi playfully and Mi swats his hand away. She can see it in his shoulders, that he's nervous. And they're about to film the scene where they will dance. She knows waltz and it's silly that she'll have to stumble in the dance, when it's Zhou Mi who had to learn it from her. But he was a good student and she praised him so many times... She doesn't understand why he's so nervous about it...

Unless, it's the other thing which makes him fidgety. She looks down at her feet as the director goes around, giving some final instructions before they'll start filming. She knows she should focus, because the time now is completely not suitable to have such thoughts. She rubs her hands together, feeling the small knot in her stomach forming. In few moments she knows they will film the dream-sequence. She saw few of the staff taking out the masks. She knows she won't be wearing one. And that Zhou Mi and Calvin will be sharing one.

Somehow she can't think of them as Yu Jiang and Shang Lin.

Victoria smiles as the girl who was checking her make-up says she's ready. She bows to her and the girl is flustered by it, as usual. Qian think it's adorable. She sees everyone putting on their masks and the director comes closer to her and tells her once more how she should run. She listens carefully, even though she has the track memorized already. She just wants to get over it.

She runs for few times before the director is satisfied with the footage and finally she's about to film the scene of doom. Mi Zian gives her a thumbs-up and she wants to stomp her feet and tell her to stop making fun of her, but she pretends not to notice that. The director is speaking to Zhou Mi who is playing with his mask in his hand and nods at each word he hears. Calving is lingering behind, also listening intently. Sean is already in his mask and he's bouncing on the heels of his feet, eager to see the outcome of this scene.

Victoria's not eager at all.

She is supposed to be happy about the kiss – and well, who wouldn't be in her place? But it's Zhou Mi and he probably sees her as his younger sister and will be probably very embarrassed later. How is she supposed to face him later? She knows it's just acting and she knows she has to be professional about it, but that quiet voice in the back of her head reminds her that she would love to get a real kiss from Zhou Mi as well.

Just to satisfy her curiosity of course! She doesn't allow the thoughts to be more sincere, even in the safety of her mind. She lets her feelings be hidden and steps closer to Zhou Mi once more, ready to be kissed.

When the film starts rolling, she is aware of the eyes watching her. She knows why he steps closer and his eyes say he's there for her as his lips whisper the words 'I like you'. She knows the words very well, as she memorized them instantly. But the second Zhou Mi – and no, she still can't think of him as Shang Lin and it's surely a bad sign – leans in, her mind goes blank and she barely remembers what she's supposed to do. She can only smile and close her eyes and think that this is nice...

His lips are warm. His hands earlier were cold and she had rubbed them against her, so they wouldn't stay so. He laughed at her and thanked her. She remembers his smile as his lips brushes against hers and it takes all self-control she possess not to take a step forward to push against his lips. And then he is pulling away and she opens her eyes to a loud 'cut!'

Of course they will have to retake it. And as she wets her lips and they tingle, she wonders if she'll be able to just stand calmly for the rest of the filming. She looks up, risking a glance at Zhou Mi. She is watching her, his head crooked to a side, smiling softly. The mask hides only part of his face and she still sees his gentle eyes. They get a signal that they'll start the film rolling again. And he straightens.

Victoria smiles again, hopes her beating heart is as loud as it seems and closes her eyes again as she feels Zhou Mi's breath against . It's easier this time. And more wonderful, because his lips are surer this time and they not only brush but also move and he nips on her lower lip before moving away. This time when she opens her eyes she knows they are dazzled.

Few retakes more and she is getting familiar with Zhou Mi's scent and the lingering taste of his mouth against hers and she hopes with all her might that one day she'll be able to get a real kiss from him, without everyone watching, giving comments.

She needs his kisses in her life.

~~*~~

Zhou Mi knows it's just his wishful thinking, when Qian is looking at him like that. Her eyes are wide and she is staring at his half-lidded eyes and he can't help remembering the kiss from before. They had to retake that scene few times, so the camera angle was perfect and Qian's smile would be genuine enough and it the kiss had to be at the perfect length. It was a sweet torture.

Not that this is any different – because now, Zhou Mi knows the taste of her lips, how they will feel against his if he leans just a bit more... And yet he knows he can't, so at the last moment, just like the script says, he backs out and Victoria looks crestfallen, but relieved and completely confused as he escapes behind the camera.

Sean pats his back and when Zhou Mi turns to him, he mouths 'retake', much to Zhou Mi's disappointment. Just how many times he will have to go through it? He groans and his knees go weak and both Calvin and Chen baby him, telling him it's not that his acting is bad – it's the urge to make this scene perfect in any possible way. Qian joins in, saying that neither of them are perfect but together they make quite a good pair.

The way she smiles at him while saying so, makes his chest tighten. He sighs painfully and knows Calvin and Sean are exchanging glances behind his back as Victoria looks at him innocently, waiting for him to agree with her. Finally he nods and while his eyebrows are still drawn up, he admits they make quite a good pair.

She doesn't need to know he means it on so many levels. She's an excellent dancer, he's an amazing singer. They both have a passion for entertaining and they shine when on stage, in the spotlight. They both have charisma. They complete each other and if he could describe his perfect girl, he would probably just describe Qian. In his eyes, she's perfect and she can make him laugh and has a cute smile, he likes to think is reserved only for him...

And he leans again near her and his eyelids drop. He hears her breath, erratic and shallow and holds his own for a moment. He's right against her face and he can only watch her lips, the urge to kiss her almost overwhelming. But he doesn't forget his surroundings and quickly draws back, muttering an apology before storming off. This time, when he's already away from the camera, he doesn't look back and concentrates on breathing only.

At least it was the last time.

~~*~~

The promotions had started. Zhou Mi smiles at the cameras and holds the microphone close and smiles at the hosts as they ask him questions about the drama, about Calvin and Liu Chao and Sean. And Victoria. Sometimes she's there, right beside him, looking gorgeous and finally herself, with the mature aura surrounding her. The smiles he directs at her are the brightest and she often touches his arm, as if to say she's there with him, supporting him.

It was hard, when during the filming he had to watch her and Calvin kissing, but he also got over it pretty quickly. He dedicated himself to acting and was praised countless times for it, as well as his personality. Even now, the host smiles at him during the break and tells him she's looking forward to the drama, because he and Victoria make such a cute pair. She promises to root for Shang Lin and Ya Yin and not for Yu Jiang. Zhou Mi thanks her and Victoria confesses she was way more comfortable filming scenes with Zhou Mi. Because she knows him well and they're friends.

Deep inside she knows it's not all – it was easy to be cute and act in love when Zhou Mi was near her, because every girl was like that,, when their crush is near. And after such a long time, she can finally admit – that she likes Zhou Mi to the point it's driving her crazy.

Zhou Mi is not better, pouring all his feelings he feels for her into practicing a song which is supposed to be his solo on the upcoming Super Junior-M album. And he is terrified that someone will see through him and tell her. So far, his friends – those he made during the drama filming and those back at the company and those really close ones he have, promised to keep it a secret. But the fear stays as he watches her and she smiles at him.

They dance Gangnam Style – and she's so much better than him – and sing together, they will have many performances as a pair from now on, during SMTown concerts. And she makes him sing and urges him to laugh and is there when he makes an idiot from himself, telling him he's cute instead. Making his resolve to quietly love her, without her knowing even stronger.

But the thing with unrequited love is tricky. Everyone has an imaginary container of feelings and at some point the emotions are overflowing, the balance between bravery and embarrassment overthrown. Zhou Mi feels like that after filming one of the variety shows. He literally can't contain his love any longer.

He asks her for a walk and she's surprised, but agrees, warming up to the idea quite quickly. She chats to him about the promotions and tells him she's glad it was him who had been there with her. Zhou Mi listens to her, as they walk on the sidewalk, their identities concealed with thick scars and glasses and hats. People pass them, not noticing who they are and they can admire the city at night, how the lights sparkle in so many colors of the rainbow.

Victoria feels as if she's walking on a rainbow. Zhou Mi is with her and they aren't doing anything out of the ordinary, but she stubbornly thinks of it as a date, which makes her happy. She wants to hold his hand, but is worried how he would react to it. So she satisfies her need with walking close to him.

And yes, it's a need – she seems unable to step away from him, just like she's unable to stop breathing, even though she has a pretty strong will. So she blabs her nervousness away, saying anything she can think of, worried that she might say something unnecessary if there would be silence between them. She's barely holding her feelings in.

With each step they take, with each word she says, Zhou Mi thinks he loves her more and more. And finally he stops and waits for Qian to stop as well. She looks at him with questions shining in her eyes. He takes off his glasses and undoes his scarf a bit, so his face isn't completely covered and smiles at her.

“Really?” he asks softly, thinking back to the words she just uttered, “There is something in the drama you hated?” he shakes his head, knowing he's stalling, but he wants to gather his courage. “What is it? I though you're unable of hating anything.”

She puffs her cheeks and pulls at her lower lip with her teeth, still managing not to smear her pale pink lipstick. “It's not hate-hate,” she says quietly, taking a step closer, so he would hear her better, “But I don't agree with one of the plot points. Major plot points. I didn't like it at all.”

“What was it?” his question comes out breathless.

She smiles, “Oh but you know. The romance between Shang Lin and Ya Yin.”

He blinks at her, a bit taken aback. His head falls to the side as he considers her. “Why?”

“They didn't end up together. That kind of... .” She says the last words as if she was sharing a secret and Zhou Mi wonders if she really truly does.

“Yeah. So many kissing scenes we could have,” he attempts to joke, but is unsure if he succeeded. Until she blushes and blinks her eyes, a smile spreading on her lips.

“Oh. Why would you like to kiss me so much, Mimi?” she asks teasingly and takes one ore step forward.

He knows he has to take the risk and get the last dose of courage from the shine in Qian's eyes as he steps near her and leans in, just like they did in the drama. But this time, she isn't just standing there, waiting for him. She is herself, f(x)'s Victoria Song and she knows what she wants, so her hands get a hold of Zhou Mi's arms and she squeezes there before closing her eyes and leaning in.

Before he finally, finally, kisses her, he smiles and she can feel the smile against her lips, making her smile in return. And she knows how happiness tastes now.

“Because I like you,” he finally answers her, between nipping on her lips and . He keeps it gentle and her movements are as soft. They're still in public and they know they need to stop, just in case someone recognizes them.

But when they do part, Qian takes his hand in hers and his smile is more brilliant than ever when he looks at her with love and affection shining in his eyes. It almost feels surreal and she breaths deeply the night air, just to make sure she's not dreaming. He squeezes her hand, understanding her feelings perfectly and she chuckles.

Real life is much better than any drama.