Fireflies

Fireflies~

Fireflies

The seasons change and the days pass by one by one. The scent of the flowers remind me of him.  The way he smiles just lights up my day. He had personality of an angel. It was the boy who I fell in love with, Jay.

It all started on the 17th of June 2010, he walked passed me with the most beautiful smile in the world. Jay, the kindest boy in the school walked passed me, well in my opinion. He smiled and I looked away, I swear I felt my heart skip a beat. Every time I walk past he always smiles at me... I wonder if he feels the same way I do...

I was sitting in class one day staring into space until I heard the name Jay. The teacher introduced him to the class and told us that Jay moved up a class for English. The teacher then told him to sit next to me. I froze. He sat down and smiled at me. I felt flustered; I’ve never been so close to him before xD.

The next morning I walked to school by myself as always, and then the school bell just had to ring. I was sprinting to the gates until I was stopped, “Get out of the way, GET OUT OF THE WAY” I shouted but they didn’t budge. BAM! I fell on the ground, bottom first and all my books were all over the place. Great... I looked up and saw a hand, “Hey are you okay? Here let me help you up” the boy offered as he let out his hand. I couldn’t seem to make out who he was; I was too busy picking up my books. I grabbed his hand and he picked up the rest of my books from the ground. “Thank you so much” I said kindly with a smile, he smiled back at me and it was one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever layed my eyes on. Then for some reason my face turned bright red, and I rushed to class without saying a good bye. Why did my face have to screw up then...I should’ve said goodbye. Man my brain is f-ed up now. >.<

In the evening, I visited the forest up in the high hills to see my school, the school with my magical fire flies. I’d always pretend that they were my students and that the fire flies could talk and do a lot of things. I’d always go to my little magical school once every few weeks to check on them because they are very important to me. One fire fly who is my best friend has the power to tell the future of lovers, I find that really awesome!

It was dark and I fell asleep next a tree. I dreamt of Jay and I woke up with a jacket around me. I thought I got but I wasn’t.  I looked up at the night sky wondering how I got a jacket. Then I heard a voice “So you’re awake?” I turned to the right and there he was, Jay. The boy who I fell in love with was right next to me staring at the night sky talking to me. Was I dreaming? I started pinching myself saying it was a dream but it wasn’t, it was real for sure. Jay turned and faced me and asked me a question “Hey, so um what do you do if you like someone? Do you like tell them how you feel or something? Because I don’t know what to do” I faced him and said “Yeah, I guess you should because you’ll never know the person might like you too” I replied. I was staring at the fire flies and heard a mumble, “I really like you!” I looked with surprise. No way... Jay just said “I like you” to me, am I dreaming?  Jay turned around and kissed me on the cheek and softly whispered the words “I like you” in my ear again.  I hugged him and told him I loved him too and I gave him a soft peck on the lips.

 

The End~