Six: 여섯

Operation: Dangerous Love

A/N: Just finished my exams so I finally got time to update this chapter. But guess what? School is reopening in 1 day. 😒 OMG I hate my school's werid system so much. Will try my best to update soon (pray that I will update in less than 2 weeks later)

Enjoy~

----------

 

Somi shifted a little in her bed as she was getting up. Today is a school day, which means getting up at 6am. She took her phone on the table stand right next to her bed and it read 5.58am. She quickly turned off her alarm before it goes off later and she sat up in her.

 

I had the weirdest dream last night. She stretched her arms after she sat up on her bed. She raised her left hand and tried to fix the messy bed hair she had although it has little effect. After just staring blankly at nothing for a while, Somi finally decided to get off her bed and lazily head to her toilet.

 

For some reason, Hansol, Boo and Chan was in a gang and they knew Jackson. They were at my house because they had nowhere else to go. There was about 13 dudes, including the stupid sunbae that Chaeyeon unnie maybe had to tutor because he got held back a year.

 

Somi spat out the toothpaste foam and finish washing up at the sink. She then strip and hopped into the shower, a method she used to wake herself up.

 

What an eventful dream I had. Two of them were even drying my hair for me. Ha!

 

She button up her top and fixed her appearance once again in the mirror before heading out of the toilet. She checked her bag once again incase she forget to put something inside, which she rarely does.

 

I think I need to lay low on my caffeine intake, my imaginations are running wild lately.

 

She slung her bag behind her and hang her coat on her arms as she slowly walked down the stairs as the clock read 6.26am.

 

Should I have toast or cereal? Oh toast sounds good, I could even smell it. Ah~ The smell of fresh coffee and toast, I can hear the toaster ticking too. Wait, what?

 

Somi stopped her steps as she sniffed the air. Why does my house smell like toast and coffee?! Jackson is not that nice to do that? Don’t even think about the other cousin.

 

“The heck you’re doing?” A voice said from behind her, she hastily turned and saw Hansol yawning. She stared at the boy who was at the top of the stairs staring back at her. She took in his appearance and saw that he was dressed for school, well not really properly as he left his shirt tucked out, as usual.

 

“What are you doing at my house? And why does my house smell like food?”

 

“Somi, did you fall off your bed? Have you forgotten what happened yesterday?”

“You mean you being in a gang with Seungkwan and Chan?” She said as she was reminded of the vivid dream she had last night. Was that not a dream but reality?

 

“Yeah. Glad to know that your brain is working.” Hansol ruffled her hair as he descends the stairs and disappeared around the corner.

 

She gulped and she quickly made her way down the stairs, the coffee aroma got stronger as she moved nearer to the kitchen. She could see some of the boys, including Hansol, sitting at the dining table, barely awake. None of them were aware of her presence yet. She looked in the kitchen and found Mingyu using the stove, cooking what seems like scramble eggs.

 

She watched as Mingyu cooked the food without burning it, something that always happened whenever she tried to cook something. Not realising she was staring, she was brought back by a chuckle. “I’m quite the husband material aren’t I?”

 

“I’m just praying that you won’t burn it.” She said as she walked to the fridge to take out the carton of orange juice.

 

“Go sit down after you take your drink, the food will be ready in a few minutes.” Mingyu said as he flipped the eggs onto a plate.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll just have plain bread.”

 

“Nope young lady, a nutritious breakfast is important to start of your day.” A soft voice said. She looked over Mingyu’s shoulder as she saw Joshua walking towards them.

 

Joshua grabbed her shoulder and maneuver her out of the kitchen and made her sit on an empty seat, next to Myungho who was nodding his head as he tried his best to stay awake.

 

“Morning Som!” Seungkwan greeted her brightly as Joshua walked back into the kitchen.

 

“Morning.” She said softly as she was still not used to having so many people at her house. She hung her bag and coat behind her chair as she looked around at the table and found that everyone had a common point, they were all wearing the same school’s uniform. She silently scanned their face to see if she recognise any of them, except BooSolChan, and furrowed her eyebrows as she don’t recall seeing any of them in school before.

 

“Food’s ready.” As if that was an alarm, the boys who were struggling to stay awake before all sat up straight and looked eagerly at the person placing plates of food on the table.

 

“Jal-mok-ke-si-mi-da.” They said simultaneously as they began ‘attacking’ the food. Somi watched in amazement as these were the same boys who were dying seconds ago, but now they were like a predator who has caught their preys.

“Here you go.” Somi stared at the plate in front of her in confusion. Unlike the rest, Somi had a special plate of sunny side up and two pieces of triangular toast and it was plated nicely. She looked up and found Mingyu smiling widely, showcasing his canines.

 

“For the angel who took up in.” He winked and took a seat next to her.

 

“Thank you.” Somi mumbled softly as she dug into her food. To be honest, Somi was still trying her best to grasp the current situation. I mean, 13, technically 10, strangers came into her house and now they are her new housemates. I think I’m handling the situation well, I deserve an award.




 

Somi felt her phone vibrate in her pocket as she was trying to get her bag back. They had all finished eating and Joshua insisted,more like force, Soonyoung and Junhui to wash the dishes, something about it being their turn. Somi had tried to help, but she was stopped by Myungho who said that it was unnecessary and he swiftly took her bag and went to the living area, where the rest of the boys are gathering.

 

Dumbfounded, she quickly took her coat and went to the living room to retrieve her bag. Everyone, except Jackson and Jeonghan, is awake as they all need to attend school and Joshua said that he’s going to work later at the music store. This came as a surprise to Somi as she thought that that his job involves gang business, not music.

 

She took her bag from Myungho, who was currently being harassed by Seungkwan and Seokmin, and she decided to check her phone.

 

From: Penguin Hye 7:28am

Ya, where are you? I reached early and I’m freezing now, can you bring extra hot pack if you’re still home.

Thxxxx

 

Shot! Sohye! How am I supposed to explain this situation to her? She looked around the room and found Chan dozing off right next to her, she nudge him, hoping that it was enough to wake him up. Chan opened his eyes in shock “Are we leaving now?”

 

“Chan, no one else is supposed to know that you guys are living with me right?”

 

“Er, I guess so. I mean it’s weird that you’re living in the same house as a female classmate of yours. Rumors are bound to fly.”

 

“Does this include my friends?”

“Yes.” Another voice answered her, both Somi and Chan looked up to find Seongcheol right in front of them.

 

“No other souls, other than the ones living in this house, are going to know about it. Understand?” He said in a commanding tone, which made Somi's eyebrow twitch in annoyance.

 

Not wanting to back down, Somi stood up, “Great, then I’ll be leaving first since my friend is waiting for me. I’m pretty sure that you already know where’s the keys.”

 

“You’re not leaving with us?” Seungkwan’s question caught the attention of everyone in the room, which is uncomfortable for Somi.

 

“No, Sohye’s waiting.” She answered curtly as slug her bag behind her after adjusting her coat properly.

 

“Bye” She mumbled softly, which the boys heard thanks to the sudden silence in the room. She walked behind the shelf that she used to cover herself when she first discovered the boys in her house and opened the shoe cabinet next to the door and took her shoes. Not forgetting the hot pack Sohye requested, she bend down and pulled the drawers to take a few, some for herself and some for Sohye.

 

As if she was in a rush, she quickly made her way out of the house and walked down the street in a hasty manner as she was aware of the boy's eyes from the window.

 

Somi was irritated with not the situation, but more of the attitude of Seungcheol. Who does he think he is to command me? My dad? Please, not even my dad does that to me back then. He have no rights at all to talk to me as if I was to listen to his every word.

 

“Earlier usual eh.” Somi snapped out of her trance as she heard Sohye’s voice, she glanced around and found that she was already at the bus stop. She tossed the hot pack in her hands and Sohye quickly grabbed it.

 

“Oh my god, you saved my live.” She said dramatically as she rubbed the hot pack in her hands.

 

Their bus immediately stopped in front of them as soon as Sohye finished her sentence, Sohye quickly stood up and pulled along the weirdly dazed Somi.

 

The bus took off as soon as the girls settled down in the bus and Somi immediately took out her phone. 7.35am, it read. They were on the bus 10 minutes earlier than their usual time.

 

“Oh, isn’t that Seungkwan, Hansol and Chan along with some of our school’s sunbae? Wait, they live around here?” Sohye’s question caught Somi’s attention as she looked out the window. All of the boys were looking in the bus as they were walking down the street, Seungkwan and Chan waved and Sohye returned the gesture, Somi nodded her head in acknowledgement and popped her earpiece into her ear and drown herself in her phone.

 

Sohye looked away from the window as the bus moved further away from the boys. “When did the boys became friends with those sunbaes? Even Seungcheol sunbae was there? And for some reason he seem to be glaring at us, don’t you think so?”

 

“Who knows.”

 

8/7/17