Three: 세

Operation: Dangerous Love

Italic” means that they are talking in English, just italic means that its their though.

 

Somi twitch her eyebrow in annoyance, “MY nightmare? I’ll show you the definition of nightmare if you don’t get the hell out of my house.”

 

The boys were stunned at her bravery, impressed even, as this was the first time someone, nevertheless a female, who stood up to their leader.

“Little girl, are you sure you can take on all of us? I mean, can you even beat me up?” The boy said cockily, making the girl roll her eyes.

Somi ignored him for a moment as her eyes roamed through the other 12 faces. Her eyes widen as she stared at three eerily familiar faces. Likewise, they were staring back with the same expression.


 

“Vernon Chwe Hansol? Boo Seungkwan? Lee Chan?” She said in disbelief. Seungkwan and Vernon swallowed their saliva, waiting for the worst to come knowing the girl’s temper.

“You 3 know this rude chick?” The cocky guy from earlier commented.

 

Sup Som.” Vernon replied with a nod, as if he did nothing wrong, like breaking into her house.

Sup? Sup! That’s what you have to say after you broke into my house?” Somi raised her voice, making some of the boys flinch from the unexpected volume.

Vernon hesitated for a moment and tried to reply her, but-

 

“AYO BOYS!” An obnoxiously loud voice came from the front door. Somi’s eyes flickered at the familiar voice. Her brain moved quickly as she thought back of the message she received.

 

I have something important to tell you. Call me ASAP.

 

Were these boys the reason why her annoying cousin contacted her?

Her cousin emerged from behind the bookshelf, both of his hands were occupied with what seem to be groceries.

 

HEY SOMSTER! Didn’t know you’re home? I thought I told you to call me?” Jackson questions as he made his way to the kitchen. Some of the boys made way as Somi stormed her way to the kitchen.

Are you the reason why these strangers are in my house?” She stood on the opposite end of the kitchen counter as her cousin stocked up on the food.

“Yes. That’s why I asked you to call me. For me to tell you of their visit.” He said nonchalantly.

Are you insane! You just let 13 strangers! 13! Enter MY house like it’s yours!

 

10 actually, 3 of us are your classmate.” A familiar voice said behind her. She turned around and glared at the said boy, most of the boys were gathered around the kitchen door to watch the commotion.

You have no say in this conversation Vernon.” And the boy knew how mad the girl was as she only used his English name in two situations, when she’s feeling hyper and wanted to disturb him or when he had in, a way or another, pissed her off, badly.

 

Oh, come on Som! I can’t just let my friends live on the streets! And my dormitory is full! They had been crashing there for a week and there’s barely any place for us to move! Please Som you’re the only person I can think of who will help me!” Jackson placed both his palm together and gave her his best puppy eyes, which wavered the younger girl’s heart.

 

Does Kook know about this?”

No! You must NEVER let him know! Like never! No over my dead body!” Jackson panicked.

Somi furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “Ookayy?” Living as both their cousin for the whole of her life, she knows that it is best not to ask about certain situation as both of them are involved in nasty business that she does not wish to take part in.

 

Nasty business as in gang business. Yes, this loud and fun looking guy is actually a gangster, although he’s an easygoing guy, but he can be very serious when it required him to be, like now.

 

Somi furrowed her eyebrows more as process the situation. So, these 13 boys are currently homeless, which was why Jackson asked them to seek shelter at her house. But she cannot let her other cousin know for god knows what reason. And since Jackson is in a gang himself, does that mean that these boys are in a gang too? So, her 3 seemingly harmless classmates-

 

“You guys are in a gang?” She directed her question to the three boys.

 

“We consider ourselves to be brothers. Like even though we are not blood related or have no family relation and all but - yes. We are in a gang.” Seungkwan got straight to the point after he saw Somi’s expression changing to an annoyed one.

“Why?”

“Why not?”

“That’s it! I’m ignoring you for the rest of the year!” She pointed her finger at who she consider(ed) her closest boy friend.

He put both of his arms up, in a surrender position. “Hey I was just asking what’s wrong with being in one?”

 

Somi sigh, obviously tired of dealing with him, she grabbed her bag from the kitchen counter and made her way to her room on the third floor, the boys opened up a path for her to walk again.

“She’s scary.” An innocent looking boy said with a funny accent.

“Scary? We all should fear her! I can’t believe that we are staying at her house! If I had known earlier I would have declined it! Seungcheol hyung! Why did you argue with her earlier? What if she blew her tops off at you!” Seungkwan said dramatically.

The rest of the boys rolled their eyes.

“Oh please, Somi is not THAT scary. I mean, we can all get scary when we’re angry, right?” Chan tried to defend his friend.

“Oh please that girl’s a monster. Remember the bruises she gave me?” Hansol said.

“HAHAHA! So she was the girl who punched you! You weakling! HAHAHA!” The tallest boy laughed loudly as the other boys snickered.

Hansol blushed “Yah Kim Mingyu! I would like to see your getting kicked by her!”

“Like I would ever let that happen. No matter how pretty a girl is, I would never let any of them hurt this beauty.” The narcissistic Mingyu said.

“Does that mean that we are not allowed to live here?” the long-haired boy asked as he made his way to the kitchen, previously lying down on the sofa watching the television.

“No, stay here. It’s safer here as long as you keep low, plus I trust you guys to look after her for me.”

“But she- “

“It’s okay. She’ll give in eventually, especially since three of her friends are here too.”

“See, I said she was nice.”

“You didn’t say it, you just implied.”

Chan narrowed his eyes at him, “I’m ignoring you too for the year.”

“That’s fine with me. Less people to annoy me.” Hansol yawned as he went back to the living room.


 

Jackson walked up the stairs and stopped at the pristine white door at the end of the hallway. He knocked on the door twice and twist the doorknob, not waiting for a response.

He found Somi, who has yet to change out of her school uniform, sitting in front of her desk, with both her ears plugged and her attention on the math book in front of her. He tugged out the left side of her earpiece, which earned him a groan from the girl.

 

“What do you want?”

“Well, I just wanted to ask if this whole situation is okay for you?”

“Isn’t it a little too late? They are already here, aren’t they?”

“But that doesn’t mean that they can’t leave. Of course, it will be better if they can stay here, but since you- “

“Fine. They can stay. But, I want them out ASAP. Make them find their own place, I don’t like the idea of having freeloaders here. I’m only enduring them because my friends, for god knows what reason, is in a gang along with them.” Somi instructed, she plugged back her ears as she concentrated on her work, indicating that she’s done talking to him.

Jackson let out a big smile as he gave her a bear hug. “Thank you Som! You’re the best! Come down for dinner later okay? I’m cooking!” He shouted, knowing that this is the only way they girl can hear him.

 

She let out an annoyed expression as she watched him skipped out of her room, if only they weren’t my friends, I would have let them suffer out there in the cold.

 

 

 

Jackson ran down the stairs shouting, “GUESS WHATTT!”

“What?” The cocky guy from before asked.

“SHE SAID YES! YOU GUYS CAN STAY!”

“JINJA?”

“YES! NO MORE CRAMPING IN THE SMALL DORM!”

“WE DON’T NEED TO SLEEP ON THE STREETS!”

“Did she really say yes?” Seungkwan asked, not believing his ears. Jackson nod his head in a scary speed, it almost looked like his head can drop out of his body anytime soon.

 

“SEE? I SAID SHE WAS A SAINT!”

“Liar. I’ll tell her the truth later.” A guy with small eyes said. (A/N Sorry dude)

“Please don’t hyung! Anything but that!” he rubbed his palms together and pouted.

“You better be grateful to her. You three are the reason why she even allowed all of you to stay here.” Jackson told them.

“So, without them here, we’ll be on the streets now?” a horse looking guy asked (A/N I’m sorry, like very very very sorry.)

“Yes.”

“I love you guys!” and he hugged the one nearest to him, which was unfortunately Chan.

“Let me go hyung!”

“I love you too!” the small eye boy hugged him too.

“Not you too Hoshi hyung! Get off me!”




 

It’s been almost three hours since Somi locked herself in the room. She stretched her arms and looked at the ticking clock, it showed that there’s ten more minutes to 7, which means that it’s time for dinner.

She rubbed her belly as she walked to the toilet in her room to took a quick shower. She came out of the toilet while towel drying her hair. She never had the habit of blow drying her hair as she felt that it was a waste of time, so she drape a towel over her shoulder to prevent her shirt from getting wet.

She took her phone and slowly made her way down the stairs.

She began to feel nervous facing the 13, technically 10, strangers as she was left with a flight of stairs.

 

“One of you go up and call Somi.”

 

“I’ll do it!” The small eyed guy, which Chan called Hoshi said as he made his way to the stairs.

 

As he was about to take his second step up, he saw the girl peeking out from the corner.

 

“Somi ah! Dinner’s ready!” He waved her over, as if they had known each other for years. Somi gave him an awkward smile, which was caught by Hansol who stifled a laugh. Somi gave him a small glare as she made her way to the dining area.

Some of the boys were already seated while some were helping with bringing the food out.

Somi let out a small gasp as she saw the amount of food on the table.

 

Guess I might have to get used to seeing so much food here. They better be paying for themselves.

 

All of the seated boys had their attention on her, which made her felt out of place due to the unwanted attention. She looked around and plopped in the empty seat between Chan and Seungkwan.

Her friends beamed at her as she sat there, like they had suspected.

 

“You saved our lives Som! LONG LIVE SOMI.” Seungkwan started, again.

 

“Shut up Kwan. Don’t go all drama queen on me.” Somi mumbled, but it was loud enough for the two boys.

 

Seungkwan pouted, “But it’s true! If you did not say yes, we would be out there in the cold, shivering while looking at people eat from the window. Then getting chased by the owner because we are disrupting their business.” He pinched his nasal root, pretending that he’s preventing himself from crying.

 

The innocent looking boy next to him slapped his head. “Stop being a drama queen.”

 

He has a funny accent.

 

Jackson placed the last dish on the dining table and took a seat at the only empty spot now.

 

“Let’s eat now! Jal-mok-ke-si-mi-da!”






A/N: I doubt I'll be able to update sooner now as today is the last day of my holiday. I'll try my best though as I've already typed out some of the other chapters so thank you for waiting :)

16/4/17