Partners

Ruining My Best Friend's First Relationship!

Nickhun's POV

I had third period with Wooyoung, which I'm thankful for but also hated at the same time. I'm thankful for it because we're in the same class together. I hated it because he's being so cold to me now, not that I blame him, but I miss him. I sound like I'm in love with him, right? Well, it's true, I'm in love with Wooyoung, I've been in love with him since we were 12, but I could never tell him that, he would just reject me. So, I kept it a secret and tried moving on, that's how I used Victoria and why I completely avoided him. I never thought that it would lead to this kind of situation though. Anyways, right now we're in science class and our teacher just gave us a project that was due in two weeks that we had to do with a partner who she assigned. I stared off into space as she called out names. She finally got to my name and that's when I payed attention. "Nickhun with Wooyoung." She called out. I face-palmed when she was done reading that out. Does the world hate me too? I thought, knowing how uncomfortable it would be to work with him. Luckily, I wasn't the only one. Other people were actually complaining about their partners. "Alright, settle down class. I'll allow you to change your partners, but tell me on Monday if you want the change." She said as the bell rang.

"So, I guess we're partners..." Wooyoung said, catching me after class.

"Yeah..."

"Come over to my house after school then. We'll get started on the project." With that, he left for his next class. I haven't been to his house in so long I thought, remembering the times when we hung out in either his room or my room. Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I went to my last class.

After School

Wooyounng and I met up after school before walking to his house. This time was different because we didn't talk at all, creating an awkward silence. Should I say something? I thought, but before I could, I realized we were already at his house. Wooyoung's mom came to greet him and smiled at me warmly. "Nickhun, it's so nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Jang." I smiled.

"Nickhun and I are doing a project together." Wooyoung explained. "We'll be up in my room."

"Alright. Work hard!"

"We will." Wooyoung assured before going upstairs. I followed him silently. I was actually surprised to see that his room hadn't changed much from the last time I was in here. "So, do you wanna use the book or the computer for your half of the project?" Wooyoung asked me.

"Don't bother... I'm gonna ask her for a partner change on Monday." I assured.

"Why?"

"Because, I know you don't wanna work with me..." I said sadly.

"Whatever... I could care less who I worked with. Besides, it's just for the project." Okay, I gotta admit, he had a point there. But, that point really hurt. He was basically saying that I was just another one of his classmates.

"Fine... I'll take the book."

"Okay." He said, getting the computer started.

2 Hours Later

"I am so tired!" I sighed falling on to the mattress of the bed.

"Well, it's getting late anyways..." Wooyoung pointed out.

"Yeah, but we don't have school tomorrow... Wanna hang out with me tonight?" I asked, hoping that he wouldn't reject my offer.

"You're really asking that?"

"Of course."

"I don't know..."

"Please?" I begged.

"Fine! But, not as friends. Just as classmates."

"Deal." I agreed, ignoring the stabbing pain in my chest. Since I wasn't in the best of moods, I convinced Wooyoung to go to a club so I could relieve myself with alchohol. I was surprised when he drank a cup or two of the alchohol as well, but I ignored it and kept drinking.

5 Minutes Later, Author's POV

Nickhun had drank a lot of alchohol at this point and was really drunk! Wooyoung was still sober and tried to help Nickhun up to bring him home, but failed. Both boys fell to the ground, with Nickhun being on top of Wooyoung!


A/N: And, cliffhanger! Sorry guys, I have a program to go to tomorrow and the day after, so I'm going to bed early tonight and tomorrow night. But, I promise I'll get started on my next chapter as soon as I get home tomorrow. Please subscribe and comment.