Broken Hearts

Ruining My Best Friend's First Relationship!

Monday, Wooyoung's POV

Okay, I really have to avoid Nickhun now... I thought. I'll ask the teacher for a partner change for the project and then ignore him any other time... Yes, that's what I'll do! It wasn't going to be that hard, but still, I can't help but feel guilty to do it. I went to school and found that Nickhun wasn't there. I'm safe I thought as I asked our teacher for a partner change for the science project. "Are you sure?" She questioned me.

"I..." I trailed off. I wasn't sure, if I regretted this decision, then I won't be able to switch back.

"I'll give you until the end of the week and then you tell me if you want the change or not, okay?" She smiled sweetly.

"Okay, thank you." The day went by way more quickly than usual. Before I knew it, the last bell had rang. So, I did the same routine of going home, resting for a little while, doing homework, eating, doing homework again, showering and finally going to bed for school the next day.

Fortunately, Nickhun wasn't at school today either, I shrugged if off and continued on with my day. The next day though, he wasn't at school again. I was beginning to wonder why, but I still mostly shrugged it off. Days went by and Nickhun still didn't come to school, I wonder if anything is wrong I thought.

Friday

"Wooyoung, have you decided if you want the change?" Our science teacher asked.

"Yeah, I have..." I lied. I was going to say the truth, but something inside me made me say something that I really didn't want to. "I don't want the change."

"Oh. Okay, then." With that, she left as the class continued to work on their projects. What did I just do? I scolded myself.

After School

"Wooyoung." I heard my name being called and turned to find Minjun coming towards me. "Let's hang out today! The guys want to go around town and just do stuff."

"Sorry, I can't today... My eomma said to come home straight from school, I don't know why either..."

"Oh, okay... No problem then, we'll see you on Monday."

"Okay." I wave to him and set off for home. When I get into the house, I see my mom is about go somewhere. "Eomma, where are you going?"

"Nickhun's mother called. You've noticed he hasn't been in school lately, right?" She asked. I nodded. "Well, he's sick. Apparently, he's getting worse every passing day. That poor boy..." She shook her head with sadness.

"So, you're going to the hospital? Can I come?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yes, that's why I told you to come straight home from school." She explained. Oh, that's why... I thought as I followed her out the door and into the car. For the whole ride, I was wondering if Nickhun was okay. I was really happy when we got there and up to his room. My mom opened the door with caution to see Nickhun's mom smiling at us.

"I'm really glad you could make it!" She smiled at us. "Nickhun, honey... Wooyoung is here." I saw a shifting motion under the covers and I knew that he had turned away from us. "Sorry, Wooyoung... He's been like that for a while now... He doesn't want to go to school or talk to any of his friends."

"Its okay... I understand..." I assure. "How sick is he?"

"I don't know... The doctors have done all sorts of tests, but they can't find anything wrong with him... I'm really worried."

"Its going to be okay... Let's leave the boys to talk, okay?" My mom suggested. Nickhun's mom nodded and the two of them exited the room, most likely going to the cafeteria to talk.

"Nickhun, are you okay?" I asked. He didn't reply to me. "Nickhun..." I still got nothing. Is he really that sick? As I had that thought, I turned him to face me. I was shocked to see that his eyes were really bloodshot and that he had dried tears on his cheeks. He was crying? Why? "Nickhun, why are you crying?" I ask with care in my voice. Of course I care, I love him. Still, he didn't say anything. Is he ignoring me now because of how I ignored him? "Nickhun, tell me! Please, tell me."

"I'm sick because of over depression." He explained. I gave him a confused look.

"Why are you so depressed? And, why haven't you told anyone?"

"I got my heart broken..." He whispered. "The one I love most doesn't love me any more than a friend... How can anyone help me with that kind of problem, Wooyoung?"

"Sorry... I didn't know..." I muttered loud enough for him to hear me. I didn't even know that he was in love and I was hurt by this.

"Um... I have to go." I said quickly, running out of the room and to the elevator. When the elevator finally came up, I entered and went down to the cafeteria, finding my mom talking with Nickhun's mom. "Eomma, can we go?" I asked her. She looked up at me with worry.

"Why? Weren't you having fun talking to Nickhun?" She questioned.

"Please! Can we go?" I asked again.

"Okay, if you really want to..." She sighed, getting up and saying bye to Nickhun's mom before we went back to the car. "Wooyoung, what's wrong?" She asked, noticing that I wasn't talking as much as I would and that I was staring out the window with no emotion.

"Nothing, eomma." I lied. Once we had gotten home, I went up to my room. I let myself fall on the bed, crying into my pillow. Nickhun is in love... I should be happy for him, but I love him... I can't bare to see him with someone else I thought, crying myself to sleep.


A/N: Poor Nickhun and Wooyoung... Anyways, next chapter is the last! In all honesty, it was fun writing for you guys and I hope you'll continue supporting me.