A Girls Confused Heart

Not Like The Others

"Agh..." L groaned, staring down at the burnt pieces of pork on the (also burnt) outdoor grill.

 

"Suzy sunbaenim...you burnt the grass," Seo Ah said, squatting down and examining it.

Her facial expression was a mix of horrified and confused...

Suzy was sitting causally on the doorstep, checking her nails and looking nonchalant.

 

"Your fault for now being here..." she muttered, flicking her wrist. "You said you'd help, why weren't you here?"

Seo Ah was caught off guard and looked flustered for a second, blinking rapidly as she was so put off.

 

"N-n-no reason-OW!" L looked down quickly at her in concern.

Seo Ah had tried to get up but lost her balance and placed her hand ontop of the grill to stop herself from falling. She had yelped and fell back onto the ground with a pained face.

 

"Yah, Seo Ah-ssi, Gwenchana?!" L exclaimed, bending down and holding her wrist quickly to examine her hand.

 

"Ah...I'm fine L-ssi," she said with a forced smile while blinking back tears of pain. She shook his hand off in embarrassment.

L looked at every inch of her face, looking for some evidence that she was OK, but all her could see was pain.

He sighed and rolled his eyes, before grabbing her wrist and pulling her up to her feet. He didn't let go once she was standing.

 

"Ah...I'm tired of your tough act..." He dragged her all the way to his room, leaving Suzy behind.

 

"L-ssi!" I have to cook dinner for everyone!" Seo Ah protested.

While she was being dragged down the halls of the guesthouse, she was shouting random excuses...but as soon as she'd entered his room she'd plunged into silence.

She couldn't think of any more things to say after she'd entered. L was stubborn and she didn't want to lock horns with him, at least, not in front of everyone.

L noticed her quietness and smiled.

He wanted to play around with her, forgetting she was hurt.

 

"Sit here," he said casually, pulling her towards his bed. She sat down quickly, making the bed shake slightly.

She looked up at him with a bewildered expression.

 

"L-ssi...why are we in your r-room?" she asked.

She'd just let that thought cross her mind. And her cheeks were flaming red! 

Even if she was shy, she still remembered eye contact. 'Wouldn't other girls be all shy and look away...? Haha' He moved slightly, making her flinch. He turned around and smirked to himself while getting a first aid box from his wardrobe. 

 

"I'm the president, I would obviously have first aid equipment with me," he said, sitting next to her. 

She gasped quietly and stared at him ready to shove him away if he tried anything 'funny'. 

Slowly and cautiously, he touched her wrist, making her flinch.

 

"Yah, calm down...I'm not going to do anything..." he said soothingly. 

She nodded and let him lift her wrist and turn it to inspect the burn. It was bright red and stinging painfully. 

 

"You should go put this under water..." he mumbled, fully concentrated on the burn. "Why are you so clumsy? You didn't have to freak out like that when Suzy asked why you were late..." 

Seo Ah felt her face heating up again. He knew why she was so flustered. 

Jeongmins confession was still fresh in her mind. She couldn't get it through her brain what had actually happened. 

 

"Confessions aren't so bad," L said suddenly. 

Her eyes almost popped out her head. 'Can he read my mind...?' She shook the spine-chilling thought out her head.

 

"I know. It's not the first time I've been confessed to..." she mumbled. 

 

"I guess you reject them straight away considering your personality..." L muttered absent-mindedly. He was snapped back into reality when Seo Ah roughly snatched her hand out his. 

He looked up at her in surprise, but she had her face turned away. 

 

"Yeah...I did. But I can't even imagine doing that to Jeongmin...we've been through so much together...I don't want to hurt him." 

L's expression softened at her heartfelt voice. 

 

"Do you think...that he's different?" he asked, searching for her gaze. 

She turned to face him, her eyes were teary. Her heart seemed to hurt more than her hand. 

 

"If I reject him...I'll hurt him, but I don't know what I feel..." 

 

"You really are dense..." L said. 

Seo Ahs eyes narrowed and all of a sudden she felt annoyed. 

 

"MWO-"

 

"It's obvious that he's liked you all this time, even I could see it. You've been together since childhood and you still don't know?" 

Her eyes filled with understanding and guilt. She nodded slightly. 

 

"I don't know the feeling of love, so I wouldn't know..." 

L stared at her, looking so beautiful and shy as she looked down at her hands since she had nowhere else to look. His gaze softened and a small smile played on his lips. 

 

"You just have to learn...Maybe you love him too but don't know it because you don't know what it feels like to be in love..." he said. While he was speaking, he sweetly patted her head, making her smile unconciously. 

He noticed his heart beating faster while he was feeling her silky smooth hair. 'Huh...Could it be...?' Before he could think another word, someone was at the door; which was also stupidly left open. 

 

"Hyung..." a limp voice said. Both their heads looked in the direction of an out of breath Jeongmin, who was staring at them with wide eyes. 

 

"Jeongmin-"

 

"I heard Seo Ah was hurt..." His gaze shifted towards her, she caught a glimpse of hurt and sadness in his deep brown eyes. "I see your fine," he said bitterly before walking off. 

Seo Ah watched him walk away, was slightly open as she stared at the floor, her gaze shifting again and again, as if the carpet had the answers to why he was looking so hurt. 

 

"Why..." she muttered under her breath. 

L looked down at her and felt a little sympathetic. 

 

"You don't understand do you...?" 

He had to help her understand. 

--------------------

 

Jeongmin was sitting on the rock he was sitting on earlier, leaning back on his hands and threw his head back to look at the stars in the sky. He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there, regretting everything he'd done today. He didn't know how many times he's wished this was all a dream, or how many times he wanted that one person who was always with him through everything, to be sitting there and smiling next to him. He knew it couldn't happen...she'd com near him now. 

 

"Ah...Jeongmin, what did you do? You've ruined everything!" he groaned, ruffling his own hair and pulling it a little in frustration. He stopped abruptly when he felt long and delicated fingers wrap around his wrist, restraining him from contiuing to abuse his hair. 

He held his breath, expecting it to be that person he longed to see.

 

"Yah, don't do that..." a soft voice said, but it wasn't Seo Ah...

His hands slackened and returned to his side. He looked up at the mysterious person. It was Suzy. 

 

"Y'know, she's been looking for you..." Suzy said, making Jeongmin stand up. 

 

"Who?"

 

"Seo Ah, babo..."

 

"Where?! Since when?!"

 

"Since you ran away! She's outside your room now-"

 

"KAMSAHAMNIDA SUNBAENIM!" he yelled before she could finish, runnning off towards the guesthouse. He had to make up with her, wether she accepted his confession or not, he couldn't go a day without her. 

---------

 

"SEO AH!" someone called while running down the halls, making the beautiful girl spin around.

 

"JEONGMIN!" she yelled, also starting to run towards him

She was then leaping into his outstreatch arms. All embarassment and shyness aside, they embraced lovingly.

 

"Jeongmin...about earlier-"!

 

"Ani...forget about it!" he said, cutting her off.

 

"But-"

 

"Act like it never happened-"

 

"Jeongmin ah, I-"

 

"Just pretend I was drunk-"

 

"JEONGMIN-"

 

"I don't even know why I said all that shi-"

 

"I ACCEPT YOU CONFESSION!" she blurted loudly. Everyone in the guesthouse could have heard her, but all they cared about at that moment; was just the two of them...

Jeongmin's face and body was absolutely frozen in place. He didn't understand what had just happened.

 

"Yah..." she said quietly, waving a hand in front of his unchanging facial expression, until she got a reaction out of him when he jerked his head.

 

"A-a-re you serious?" he asked quietly, like he was dreaming and if he was too loud, he couod wake himself up.

She nodded.

 

"I'm not actually sure...I don't know what is love is... but I feel different with you than other guys, maybe...it could be...ah... I don't know."

As soon as the words left , she was crashed against his chest in a tight and warm embrace. She smiled and wrapped her hands around his waist, breathing in his scent.

 

"Yep...we can help each other learn about love...together..."