Falling

Shatter My World

It was a couple of months, Hyun Joong had been focusing solely on his album. Sometimes in the background there would be the kpop news, it was always funny to hear what the reports thought was going on in the idol world. He was lying back on the couch, as the producer was editing the pieces he had just done. A box of fried chicken was on his lap as he stared on at the TV.

“Break news! Choi Minho and Sulli seen together outside of ‘To The Beautiful You’ filming. The reports show the two going of a cozy date around the city. Pictures were taken on the two holding hands and hugging. The Netizens wonder what this means for Minho and EunJi on We Got Married.” Hyun Joong just stared at the TV, the reporter was now going on about some group’s come back, but he wasn’t paying attention. EunJi and Minho had been together, he knew it. What happened? All these thoughts were running through his head, the chicken long forgotten. He hated this. He hated thinking about her, because memories we long tried to suppress always came back to him. He wondered if she was hurting. He used to,a long time ago try and keep her happy.

 

[Flash Back]

 

“Hyun, why can’t we take pictures?” EunJi asked as he pushed away her camera.

“Pictures can be leaked. I don’t want to take the chance.”

“I just want a picture of us that I can have. I’ll print it and you can delete it from my camera” EunJi tried to reason with him.

“I said no. Take a picture from the drama, there are plenty of pictures of us together.”

“It’s not the same….”

“Yes it is.” EunJi was curled next to him on the couch and pouted. But she stayed silent. He would look at her and she was looking at her phone quietly.

“Are you angry?”

“No.” He could hear she wasn’t lying to him. “I’m going to go cook” EunJi got off the couch and walked to the kitchen. He sighed. He knew that her request wasn’t that big of one. Se7en and Park Hyu Bul took pictures all the time and so did other couples. But they weren’t a couple….He knew she wouldn’t push the subject more than she already did. She would accept that he didn’t want to and wouldn’t force him to. That would make him feel bad. He would take pictures with his friends boys or girls, but not her. He got off the couch and walked to the kitchen.

“EunJi” He put his head on her shoulder.

“mmmmm?”

“You should smile, it isn’t a huge deal.”

“I know….” She was cutting up Kimchi.

“Then smile for me?” he heard her sigh but turned her head and smiled to show him she was smiling.

“Good,” She turned her face forward and he pressed the button, the flash blinded him. She looked at him and didn’t say anything, but just smiled and went on cutting the kimchi up. This is what he loved about her. She wouldn’t say anything about how he gave in and that she had won. She would just be happy. She didn’t complain that she didn’t have any make up, or that she hair wasn’t perfect. She just liked that there was a picture of them together.
 

[Present Time]
 

Why did he care? Maybe because he was hoping that Minho would take her away and protect her. Do what he couldn’t. He disliked Minho, but also knew he was a good guy from everything people said about him. Now he wanted to kill the froggy boy. He pulled out his phone and opened up a note app. There was her phone number. He didn’t put it in his contact list, just in case a game show went through his phone or a section or Hyori looked through his phone. He wondered if she still had his number. He wondered where she was.

 

EunJi had enjoyed the last couple of months. She remembered walking into SHINee’s dorm to screams. Key had been screaming, pointing at her and Minho’s entwined hands.

“FINALLY KERORO!!!” Key was smiling and getting food ready for a celebration. Jonghyun had thumped Minho and her on the back. It was so different from before, she remembered thinking.

The ensuing months went by happily. She split her time between work, school, DBSK, and SHINee’s dorm. Shinhwa was preparing for a comeback, so they were busy recording and practicing. There was a few arguments about going public with the relationship. The major problems were that they were on We Got Married, they were both idols, and the fall out SHINee might have from it. Key and Taemin both though that the two should make it public, so they could go out and be a real couple. Minho was on the fence about the decision. EunJi, Onew, and Jonghyun were more cautious about the situation. EunJi didn’t want to hurt the group, plus she remembered what Hyun had told her about going public and it had scared her. Other than that, DBSK had accepted him into their life and they kept doing WGM. The MinJi couple was all over the place. They had been asked to do commercials and photo shoots. It was fun to have a reason to be out and about together. EunJi was pretty quiet, she didn’t mind just staying in, cooking with Key then watching a movie with the group or read a book while Minho was gaming with Taemin.

EunJi remembered screaming and jumping on Minho when he told her he was going to be in To the Beautiful You cast as the main character. She knew right away he was going to be amazing in it. She had heard about the script, it was being jam packed pull of idols, and Minho being offered the lead was huge. She had helped prepare him, running lines with him, acting scenes out. It was a little sad when he had to leave, because he was living with the cast. There was no time to see him inbetween scheduled events. But they still texted a lot, although they didn’t risk skyping less it bring up some suspicions in the cast and crew. EunJi still visited SHINee’s dorm a lot to hang out with Taemin and Key. It was nice having friends around her same age. Shinhwa and DBSK were amazing, but they were older than her. Even though Shinhwa’s mental age was around her’s if not younger sometimes.

As filming progressed, it got harder to reach Minho; he had training and filming every day. She felt so proud every time she watched an episode, he was doing so well.

She remembered this feeling and it wasn’t a happy feeling. She was bracing herself for something to happen, even though everyone said she was being silly.

It had been a night she was over at the SHINee dorm. Key was making dinner, while she had been sitting at the table doing homework with Taemin. Her phone rang as she was doing her calculus homework making her jump, upsetting the whole table.

“It’s Minho!” EunJi smiled as she looked at the caller ID. It was early for him to be calling.

“PICK IT UPPPPPP!” Taemin jumped up to go around near EunJi.

“Hey! How are you?” EunJi clicked the speaker button, so the other two could hear. She smiled at Onew as he walked in, mouthing that it was Minho on the phone.

“EunJi, I’m sorry.” Her heart dropped.

“About what?” Key had stopped stirring the kimchi stew, and Taemin was confused.

“The pictures, they will be out tomorrow, I was going to tell you. But I didn’t want you to see the pictures first. I was going to tell you, but the pictures and everything is going so fast….I’m sorry.” Minho sounded as if he was going to cry.

“What pictures? What’s going on? Are you Okay?”

“I…I’m with, well, I went out with…I….I have feeling, well, she does too…” EunJi stopped. Everything stopped. They had all heard it. She.

“Spit it out frog.” Key’s voice shocked her system.

“I went out on a date with Sulli and we were photographed together.” EunJi stood up, her chair falling backwards. “I’m sorry, I didn’t expect to feel this way about her…. I’m sorry. EunJi, please….say something.” She heard the pleading in his voice. This Déjà vu feeling was making her feel sick to her stomach.

“Thanks for telling me.” EunJi ran to the bathroom and threw up.