Under These Circumstances

Under These Circumstances

The night is quiet, with the stars glittering above you. Your heart is racing as you rush past the convenience store, coat wrapped tightly around you to prevent from further caresses from the winter air. You check left, you check right, you check left once more to be safe- then cross the street. There is nobody in sight, the only audible sound being your breathing and the nighttime atmosphere. 

To be honest, being secretive like this is something you dislike to essentially, an extreme. No, strike that- you hate having to sneak around like this. There's no point to it, you often think to yourself- what's so wrong with shouting it out to the world? Fine, let them all know. It'll shut them up in the mean time, at least. 

Click. 

A single click is all it takes to remind you that no, it has to be kept a secret, no matter what. 

The flash of light, although at a distance, keeps you on your toes. Your eyes widen like a deer in the headlights. You blink twice, then scurry into the shadows. After a moment, the owner of said flash rushes by you in the darkness; you hear his footsteps pad past you, even though you can't quite see him other than the glint of his camera. 

"So."

Before you can respond, a hand covers your mouth and spins you around. You shut your eyes and prepare to bite, but instead feel a warm embrace, body pressed against your own. You can feel each other's body head growing, even through the thick layers of your jackets. Inwardly, you squeal as loudly as possible. Externally, your lips tremble in an attempt to speak. His hand releases- was it always that clammy? You frantically grasp at it in a feeble attempt to warm it. 

"Aren't you a little eager?" He chuckles, teeth glinting through his smile. God, you love his smile. It's devilish this time with a sort of childlike glimmer to it. "Come, sit with me." He squats down against the wall, gently tugging you along with him. You both sit together in comfortable silence, hands still gingerly clasped together. It takes a moment, but he speaks again. "Thank you for meeting me."

You laugh, perhaps a little more dry than intended, but still don't look him in the eyes. You shrug and just tighten your grip on his hand. In response, he does the same. But he speaks again. 

"No, really. Thank you... Thank you so much for doing this for me." You can feel him looking at you, although you dare not look back. His gaze is unmoving; he's trying to get you to look back. 

You don't. 

"Look. Look at me." It takes a moment, but you do, still fairly emotionless. "I know that this is a major inconvenience for you. This is pretty out there for me, too. But I hope you'll forgive me." You don't reply. "Will you?"

The silence becomes uncomfortable and tense. 

He sighs. "Here." 

You yelp, he pulls you and both of you crash flat into each other, his back pressed to the wall, your own pressed to his chest. His arms are wrapped around you as he breathes in your scent, one hand slowly carding through your hair. You flush and bite your lower lip in anticipation. 

"Accept my apology, dammit!" He nuzzles further into your hair, lips pressing against your scalp. His breath is warm, you welcome it. "I said I'm sorry. Hopefully, we can meet under better circumstances next time." You don't reply. He sighs. "Fine, I will make sure we meet under better circumstances next time."

You lean into him and press your bodies closer, you can feel his heart pounding behind you. 

It takes a moment, but you turn and give him a quick peck on the lips. 

In response, he growls. 

"No, that was too fast. Do it again."

And so you do. 

"... Again."

And you do. 

"..."

Once more, just to be safe. 

"... Tomorrow. You know where."

It's clumsy, there's a bit too much teeth, not enough tongue and you're pretty sure you're going to wake up with a massive pain in the neck tomorrow, but it's all too worth it. His lips are soft, his breath is warm and his body is wanting. If you didn't press back with the same amount of passion, wouldn't you be a bad girlfriend? 

So kiss is what you do. 

So kiss is what you did.