California

The Road of Love (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One: California

 

Gasp! Im Yoona's mouth snapped closed and her eyes popped open, suddenly awake. A tiny trail of drool had begun to escape from , and she swept the back of her hand across her chin to dry it.


It was the last day of school, so study hall was essentially empty. The few people who had bothered to show up for last period were stealthily sending text messages or paging through magazines while Mrs Mattews pretended not to notice. Yoona was there only because she'd feel guilty if she skipped...even on the last day of school, when she had nothing to study.


Yoona glanced around the room to try to figrure out who had seen her napping. As usual Park Myungsoo was watching her from his table across the room. Myungsoo was the school's number one creep. Yoona shot him a look that practically said, "Stop looking at me you creep." Myungsoo, however, did not get it as he eagerly waved at her. Yoona was glad Myungsoo was graduating. She had been unfortunately, placed into study hall with him every semester since the first year of college, and his apparent attraction to her hadn't faded.


Myungsoo's crush was definitely not flattering. One was because he was too much of a creep and two, he also harboured an unrequited crush on Yoona's two best friends, Jessica and Tiffany. He still had a crush on Tiffany, but not Jessica though. Maybe it was the way Jessica had rudely snapped at him to leave her alone or her then-boyfriend had threatened him to stay away from her. Jessica was the ice princess of the school and only selected few people get to see her warm side.


A great peek at her watch told Yoona there were only six minutes left in her junior year in college. She pulled a magazine out of her bag and flipped through it absentmindedly, thinking about the dream she'd just had. The marshmallow kiss, the feeling of Taecyeon's hand tracing its way up her spine, the look in his eyes.


This wasn't the first time Yoona had fallen asleep in study hall, and it definitely wasn't the first time she'd had that dream. The scene was always the same, an exact replaying of the moment she and Taecyeon had shared at the end of last summer. In real life, the kiss had been perfect, but at the ending was a different version of awful each time she relived the moment in her dreams. Once, Taecyeon had pulled away in a dream because Yoona's dad had been standing next to them. Another dream had ended with Jessica and Tiffany both watching their kiss from a judging table, holding up scorecards.  (She'd gotten a 4 out of 10.)


This time she wasn't sure what the deal was. She rarely ate gum anyway. She imagined these freak-out dream endings were just her nerves acting up, wondering what would happen between her and Taecyeon this summer. They had ended things with such a magical moment at the end of last summer and had been exchanging flirtatious emails and IMs all year. She couldn't wait to see him in person in less than a week!


The bell rang, signaling an end to study hall, junior year and Yoona's years with creepy Myungsoo. Yoona smiled lightly at Myungsoo as she passed him on her way out the door, then breathed a sigh of relief that he was out of her life for good.


Now that the school year was through, she was just days away from reigniting the fire that had started to simmer last summer. As they had every year for the past ten years, Yoona and her family and friends would be spending the next month at the Paradise Resort in Colorado. This year, Yoona would finally live out her dream of spending the summer kissing, and whispering under the big pine trees, and she couldn't wait.


Yoona grabbed her bag out of the locker and slammed the empty cavern shut with a hollow thwack. She was then greeted with an unwanted face. Scratch that; a creepy unwanted face.


"Hi, Yoona-ssi!" Myungsoo grinned happily.


Yoona blinked. "Oh. Uh, hi Myungsoo-ssi."


Myungsoo stood there staring at her, making her feel really uncomfortable. She was about to think of an excuse to leave when her best friend came to her rescue.


"Yoong!" Jessica hugged her from behind and pushed her towards the front doors, far away from Myungsoo. "Why were you talking with that freako? Anywhoooooooo, we're seniors Yoong! Gaaaaaaaah!" Jessica pumped her fist in the air, her long blonde hair swinging out behind her.


"Woohoo!" Yoona cried, hopping off the last two steps towards the front lawn of campus. She and Jessica skipped outside with the rest of the student body, everyone celebrating their summer freedom.


The two girls sprawled out on the school's lawn to wait for Tiffany, who was probably bidding each and every teacher a personal farewell. Tiffany did all those sorts of things, which is certainly why she was so successful at everything she did. She was one of the smartest and most beautiful girl in the campus. With her long fiery red hair and killer eye-smile, who wouldn't fall for her? Tiffany had just won student council president for the upcoming school year, and she was pretty obviously going to get valedictorian next year as well.


In spite of her good-girl seemingly perfect exterior, Jessica and Yoona loved her anyway. They knew the real Tiffany, and she was a lot more fun than all of the affluently perfect girls in the schools.


"Hey, future senior es!" Tiffany had slid up behind her two friends on the lawn and whispered this in their ears. Then, she proceeded on laying herself on top of the girls' stomach.


"Aish, Tiff! Get off me!" Jessica yelped. "You're heavy!" Yoona was too busy giggling to say anything.


Tiffany sat up immediately at the comment, glaring at the ice-princess. "Hey! I'm only heavier than you by like a few KG!"


Jessica laughed, wrapping her arms around her two best friends. "Let's get this party started!"


Yoona grinned. "Twenty hours until the girls' road trip!" She announced, pulling away from the hug. "I think we are just about ready. Are our road trip tune set?" she asked, pulling out a sheet of paper from her bag.


Ms Kim passed them at that moment and flashed a wave of hello. "Have a fantastic summer, Ms Kim!" Tiffany said as she waved, honey practically dripping from her crescent shaped eyes when she smiled.


Jessica looked at Tiffany. "You gotta teach me how to smile like that."


"Girls, focus!" Yoona smacked the two on their exposed thighs as she scooted closer until she was sitting directly infront of them.


"Fine, fine." Jessica mumbled. "And yes to your previous question."


"Snacks?" Yoona asked. Her stomach rumbled at the thought.


"Potato chips and Diet cherry coke!" Tiffany clapped. "Your favourite!" Yoona squealed.


Yoona was a total snack fiend, which you would never guess from her looks. She was as long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter