A Little Love

A Little Love

 

She stepped out from the sixty four-floor building that she went to work every day. It was cold, bleak, biting and foggy weather. Taeyeon glanced at her hand watch and sighed as it was almost nine in the evening and even she had not had her dinner yet.

 

The brunette slowly walked home, enjoying the winter weather. And she managed to stop at a small grocery store to have some instant noodle, of course, again.

 

Looking outside from the shop, Taeyeon saw people in the court, go wheezing up and down, beating their hands upon their chests or stamping their feet upon the pavement to warm themselves. Even there was a couple was sharing a passion kiss to remain their bodies heat. Taeyeon somehow felt jealous with them who were enjoying their Friday night together since she was still lonely. However, telling herself that her busy journalist work would not allow her to start a romantic relationship like that, Taeyeon quickly wiped these kinds of thinking out of her mind and hurried finishing her dinner before walking home.

 

As she passed a small alley, Taeyeon noticed a figure curling up in a ball on the dirty cold ground. Flicker light did not help to clearer her sight, so Taeyeon decided to approach that figure.

 

The more she stepped closer, the clearer she saw. Taeyeon saw a little boy around twelve years old lying on the ground, shivering and sobbing.

 

Step by step, Taeyeon made it closer to the boy and knelt down beside him, she helped the latter get up and lean his back against the wall. She carefully brushed his dirty clothes and combed his messy hair while asking him some questions.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Joon.”

 

“Why are you here? Are you lost? Let me take you home okay?” However, Joon just shook his head. Reminding his home just made him cry out loud. He missed his family.

 

It was another beautiful afternoon in Busan, an eight-year-old boy named Joon was playing on the beach with his friends, waiting for their fathers came back from a fishing trip. And they did not have to wait too long. Under the sunset, there was a boat slowly approached the shore. The boys rushed to their fathers and welcomed back them with hugs and kisses. There was no more happiness than reunion with their fathers after a month apart.

 

Joon sniffed and wiped out his tears, another memory appeared inside his mind.

 

A middle age man was carrying his son on his back, they were heading home from the market.

 

“Dad, when I grow up, I will go to Seoul, I will study hard and come back here to help our family. You will no longer have to go fishing.” Said Joon and the man smiled.

 

“My Joon is such a good boy.”

 

That day, their way home seemed shorten and was full of laughter from the father and son. As they got home, they saw some men in white t-shirts, ties and black vests waiting for them along with Joon’s mother.

 

“Honey, Joon, welcome home. I want you two to meet these guys. They are from Seoul.” Joon’s mother told them. They then greeted each other and one of those men started their conversation.

 

“We work for the United Nations Children’s Fund, Korean Branch. We are here today to offer your family a favor. We want to help your family by moving your child to Seoul so he can get a better education system.” The man also gave them a business card to buy their trust.

 

“I think Joon is still too young to go there.” Joon’s father replied the men, but Joon just cut it off.

 

“Mom, Dad, I want to go.”

 

“But Joon, you are still young.”

 

“No Mom, I am old enough. I have a trust in myself. Do you believe me?”

 

“See, Mr. and Mrs. Kang, you two do not have to worry too much. We will provide your son the best support for his education.” The man used to speak to them continued.

 

“What do you think Joon?” asked the father.

 

“I said I will be fine Dad, I want to go.”

 

“Fine. Since we were not fully educated, we are very glad to hear there are someone who cares for our child. There is no more than our child can go to school and have a better life. Therefore I give you my son, please take care of him.” Joon’s father stood up, shook hands with those guys. With that, they and Joon left for Seoul on the next day.

 

Although they promised Joon’s parents a lot, Joon had not ever inherited any benefit from their “program” but had to work from early in the morning to very late at night. He soon found out that these guys were not UNICEF’s staffs but bad guys with wicked plan that using poor children from the countryside as workers. Finally, Joon realized that he was a child laborer.

 

He tried to escape many times but could not did it. This time, he tried it again. After using his dinner which was just a piece of bread, Joon sneaked out from the house where they kept him and other children when the guards did not notice. He ran, ran and ran until he was exhausted. Feeling cold and hungry, the only thing he could do is hiding in a dark alley and managed to warm himself, until Taeyeon found him.

 

“I … don’t have any home here.” Joon murmured but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.

 

“What do you mean Joon?” Taeyeon supported to ask back but their little conversation was disturbed by a group of muscular men rushing to them. Some of them pushed Taeyeon aside, which made her fall hard onto the ground. The others violently grabbed Joon and pulled him along like an animal.

 

“You bastard, trying to escape again and you will meet your end.” Taeyeon heard they were yelling and hitting the boy without mercy. At first she was too shock to realize what was happening. Seconds later, hearing sound of punching, Taeyeon “woke up” and tried to chasing after them. She did not know who they were but yelling and hitting a little boy like that was totally illegal. She saw them dragging Joon into a car although the little boy was struggling to escape.

 

“Hey stop that, I will call the police, let him go.” Then one of those men stopped at his currently position waiting for Taeyeon. He paused the young girl, grabbed her collar and pushed her hard against the nearby wall.

 

“You b*tch, this is not your business. Move your damn out of here and do not let me see you again or else you will meet your end like that bastard.” Suddenly, they both heard a sound of a police car, the man quickly released Taeyeon and hurriedly walked away. Opening the car’s door, a short blond girl stepped out and walked to Taeyeon.

 

“Miss, I’m officer Lee Sunny. I saw that man bothered you. Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?” the short blond girl showed her badge to Taeyeon and asked her.

 

“They … they just kidnapped a boy. Please stop them.” Taeyeon pointed at the car parking beside the pavement. The car was going to leave when Sunny signal the driver to stop before the short blond officer approaching them.

 

“That girl said that you guys kidnapped a boy. Would you mind if I take a look at your car?” Sunny showed her badge and asked the driver. At that time, a man from back sit open the car’s window and asked the short blond officer if there was anything wrong. And Sunny was surprised as what she saw. In front of her was the richest and kindest man in Seoul, he usually used his money to help the community especially children. Looking respectively at the man, Sunny wondered herself how could that girl said a boy was recently kidnapped by him.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Choi, but I saw one of your men bothered that girl there recently.” Sunny bowed at the man.

 

“Well maybe I know that man, he is not mine officer, he walked pass my car minutes ago. It might because of the dark so your sight didn’t clear.”

 

“I think so, too Sir. It’s my mistake then.”

 

“Uhm … it’s okay officer … Lee Sunny. You just do your job. So if there is nothing more, might I take a leave now?”

 

“Yes Sir, good night Sir.” After the car left, Sunny walked back to Taeyeon and the short blond officer almost scolded the latter.

 

“He is Mr. Choi YongMin, how can you said that he kidnapped a children?”

 

“But … I swear …”

 

“You know what young lady? I think you are still shock with what that stranger did to you. It’s almost ten and it’s very dangerous for a young lady like you so you should go home now.” Knowing that she could not fight back an officer, Taeyeon simply nodded and managed to walk home but she was stopped by Sunny.

 

“Let me take you home. Get in the car.”

 

“T..thank you.”

 

---

 

“I promise I’ll find that bastard. This is my number, if you remember anything about him, please call me ok? It will help me to find him faster.” Sunny handed Taeyeon a piece of paper with her phone number on it before watched the latter disappeared behind her door’s apartment. Then the short blond officer left to continue her night shift.

 

While inside the house, Taeyeon could not stop thinking about Joon and what happened to him. She knew for sure what she saw was true. She saw those guys dragged Joon inside that car, that Mr. Choi YongMin’s car. That was why she hate rich people, they could use their money to silent the others. And that was also why she chose to become a journalist, she wanted to find out the truth, the-real-truth.

 

The brunette thought hard for hours that night and finally, she made her decision. Since the police seemed like did not believe her words at all, she would investigate it herself. She would find Joon.

 

Taeyeon was sitting on her bed, with laptop on her lap and a cup of hot chocolate was on her hand, she searched and tried to find anything could bring her to Joon. Many questions were asked but there was only one that made the brunette confuse: Did Mr. kind-heart Choi YongMin somehow really involve?

 

Although Taeyeon was tired, she worked until very late that night. And she even did not know when she got into her dreamland. The brunette woke up quite early in the next morning because of her headache. She had herself some medicine before taking a bath and then went to work.

 

“Taeyeon, can you go to XYZ Cooperation and interview Mr. Park for our tomorrow issue?” Her boss asked when he saw Taeyeon stepped in his office to report her work.

 

“Of course Sir, I’ll do it right away.”

 

“Oh, could you have a stop at the printing house to check their work since I couldn’t contact them from the morning.”

 

“No problem Sir.”

 

---

 

After interviewing the chairman of XYZ Cooperation, Taeyeon took a bus back to the printing house to take a look as her boss’s request. Everything would go smoothly if Taeyeon did not ask to use the printing house’s bathroom. There, she met Joon.

 

“Joon? Is that you? Do you remember me? I’m the one with you in that alley last night.” Taeyeon asked the figure standing in front of her.

 

“Go, they will kill you.” The boy weakly answered and tried to pushed Taeyeon out.

 

“Joon, listen to me. I know there is something wrong with you, and I really really want to help you.” Taeyeon stopped the latter and put her hand on his shoulders to comfort him. Instead of answering the brunette’s request, Joon simply shook his head.

 

“You scared?”

 

“Y..yes. Please go noona, go.”

 

“Okay Joon, I’ll go. But please, can you, at least give me a name, an address or anything that can help me to help you?”

 

“Choi … YongMin … child labor …” With that, Joon rushed out of the bathroom. Taeyeon followed his sight with a confused face at his surprised action. Then she saw a muscular man standing in front of the bathroom, looking at her blankly.

 

The brunette remembered him, he was one of those men yesterday. She looked at the man worriedly, did not know if he heard anything from her conversation with Joon a moment before. Taeyeon then decided not to mind him, she cleared and walk toward the man.

 

“Excuse me, can you step aside for me to go out?” She asked the man with her head hung low, did not dare to look into his eyes. The muscular stepped aside and kept his sight on Taeyeon until she disappeared.

 

Kim Taeyeon was not kind of person who could easily give up on everything. She walked along the small alley next to the printing house, which headed to its backyard. Carefully observing from outside, through the fence, Taeyeon was shock by the scenery: a lot of child, including boys and girls, were working beside printing machines. Moreover, they were surrounded by a group of about ten muscular men.

 

The brunette, wasting no time, her camera and took pictures as much as possible. She would have to find evidences if she wanted to prove the truth behind that generous smile of Choi YongMin. After taking enough photographs, Taeyeon quickly left that disgusting place and got back to the newspaper house.

 

Taeyeon used the whole lunchtime to work on her private project. She managed not to tell her boss since she wanted to make sure everything. The brunette searched for Choi YongMin’s information, his life, his work, etc. She could not find anything from this man’s life, so Taeyeon turned to look at his work. In front of her now was a list of companies / cooperation that was invested by Choi YongMin.

 

She looked at the list from top to bottom and from bottom to top, wondered what she could do with it. Taeyeon knew nothing but some familiar name include Seoul Times, where she was working.

 

“Okay, I think I should check one by one then.”

 

---

 

Day passed and Taeyeon visited almost a half of her list. She was satisfied with her work, the result was unexpected. There were lots of child laborers worked in these factories. Although the directors said that they were all over 18 years old but how could Taeyeon believe it as she saw some of them could not reach 1.5 meters height. They had to do the same work as adults did. They were forced to work in factories with dangerous, and often fatal, working conditions which could cause serious consequences in their later lifetime. They were deprived their childhood, they worked instead of studying at their young age.

 

Taeyeon rearranged what she found the past few days. Considering it was enough to write an article, Taeyeon went to talk to her boss that morning but she did not know she just put herself in danger.

 

“Mr. Choi, one of my employees found out about the child and she wants to public them.” A blade man sat comfortably on his chair talking to someone through his phone after Taeyeon left his office.

 

“Give me her name and I’ll handle it.”

 

“Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon angrily walked out of her boss’s office. She could never forget his attitude when she told him about the case. He did nothing excepted shaking his head and said “clueless” then asking the brunette to go out.

 

The brunette supposed to get home since she was off that day when she remembered Sunny, the officer she met nights ago. She opened her purse and took out a small paper with Sunny’s phone number on it.

 

“Hello?” A soft voice echoed from the other side.

 

“Sunny? I’m Taeyeon, we met the night before last night.”

 

“Ah! I remembered you. So what’s up? Do you have some information for me?”

 

“Yes, kind of. Are you free now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“So can you meet me at the coffee shop near my apartment? I’ll text you the address.”

 

“Okay, I’ll be there.” With that, they hung up the phones and Taeyeon sent Sunny the address of the coffee shop then the brunette rushed to her destination.

 

She sat at her usual seat, ordered her usual coffee and waited for Sunny. The brunette seemed surprised a little bit since it was getting dark faster than she could image. Looking at the crowd outside through the glass door of the coffee shop, Taeyeon tried to spot Sunny, she somehow was very excited in showing the short blond girl what she found. She knew if she was received the support from Sunny, she could find Joon and help to release other children soon enough.

 

Minutes later, the bell on the shop’s door rang and stepping in a look-like-boy girl. She was wearing a thick light color jacket and a beanie which made her looked like a little cute penguin. Sunny looked to the left then to the right to find Taeyeon.

 

“Hey Sunny, over here.” Taeyeon sat up straight and waved so Sunny could spot her easier. The short blond girl reached Taeyeon and greeted her with a warm smile as a sun. She sat down, face to face the brunette while rubbing her hands together to prevent the cold. She had so heated herself with rapid walking in the fog and frost that she was all in glow now.

 

Taeyeon secretly observed the girl in front of her, her face was ruddy and somehow, handsome. Her eyes sparkled, and her breath smoked.

 

“You ... walked here?” Taeyeon curiously asked the newcomer.

 

“Yeah ... I prefer walking to driving.”

 

“So, what do you have for me?” Sunny continued.

 

“I found this these days, I don’t know if you can ... help me?” Taeyeon offered while handing Sunny some folders. The short blond girl took a quick look and she seemed a little bit shock as what she saw.

 

“Is this happening, in Seoul?”

 

“Yes, and I think Mr. Choi YongMin also involved since all of these factories belong to him ....” Taeyeon started to explain what she had found out by showing the latter more pictures and more details since she recognized Sunny had a little interest in it. However, on the other hand, Sunny stared at the brunette with some not-relate-to-the-main-topic thoughts.

 

“She is just perfectly fit my style.”

 

“Wow, her face ... her small face and her white smooth skin ...”

 

“Oh, and even her beautiful smile made me feel so warm ...”

 

“Damn it, what are you thinking Sunny.” The short blond girl shook her head violently when she felt her cheeks redden, which caught Taeyeon’s attention.

 

“Sunny, are you okay?”

 

“Are you still listening to me?”

 

“Are you sick? You face is as red as a tomato.”

 

“Do you need me to walk you back home?” Taeyeon bombarded the latter with lots of concern questions while Sunny raised both of her hand as a signal to stop the brunette.

 

“I’m okay, just continue.”

 

“Ghost, I almost get caught.” Sunny breathed out in relief.

 

“O..okay.” With that, they went back to their business for around half an hour later.

 

“Taeyeon, I’ll inform this case to my boss. But please do not confirm anything until we finish investigating, especially about Mr. Choi YongMin. I personally still don’t believe that he could do such things like that. Might be those factories owners played this trick on him.” Sunny reminded Taeyeon before picking up folders that the brunette gave her in order to walk home.

 

“Uhm ... Okay, it’s just my journalist experience told me that. But I promise you, I won’t say or write anything.” Taeyeon somehow lied to Sunny because there was no point Sunny could believe a boy like Joon. But Taeyeon did, so she chose to hide this part.

 

“Thanks. And Merry Christmas.”

 

“You too, Sunny.”

 

“Call me if you find something.” Taeyeon nodded and curiously looked Sunny rushed outside like there was a ghost chasing her behind.

 

---

 

Foggier yet, and colder. Piercing, searching, biting cold. Sunny fixed her backpack which contained the folders inside then put her hands in her jacket’s pockets to warm them. She walked home with many things rolling in her head. Most of them about her past and Mr. Choi YongMin.

 

Sunny looked around, or in specific, she looked at the play ground across the street. And there she saw herself, sixteen years ago.

 

Like today, it was a winter evening. Although it was cold and foggy outside but the little girl with special smile that as bright as the Sun felt so warm inside. Yes, this was the first time she went outside since her father’s death three years ago. Her mother looked at her and carefully combed her hair.

 

“Soonkyu, be good, wait here. Mom will buy you an ice-cream.” Said the mother with tears from her eyes but Sunny was too young to understand what did it mean.

 

“Yes, Mom.” The little girl nodded happily and sat down on the bench near by, waiting for her mother, who never came back to her.

 

---

 

Sunny waited, waited and waited. She waited from the Sun still shined the ground below to it was replaced by the Moon but there was no Mom. The little girl looked around to find her mother and when she could not spot the figure, she simply thought that her Mom was busy with her business. Therefore, Sunny kept waiting. Looking at other child playing at the ground, she wanted to join them but she scared that her Mom would comeback and could not find her so she just sat there.

 

Hours had passed, still, there was no Mom. Children by children, left the play ground for home with their parents. There was Sunny, alone, on the same bench, sobbing.

 

“Little girl, why do you cry?” A man stopped his walk, knelt down in front of Sunny and use his handkerchief to wipe out her tears.

 

“My Mom, I want my Mom.” Sunny exploded and cry louder.

 

“Where is she then?” Asked the middle age man.

 

“She said she went to bought me ice-cream but she never came back.”

 

“Where is your father, my dear?”

 

“He has passed away since I was young.”

 

“I’m so sorry my dear. Well, it’s late and it seems like your Mom won’t come back for you soon. So what if you and I go for dinner. I bet you haven’t had dinner right?” The man asked and waited for Sunny’s answer. Then they both went to a near by restaurant, he said that the little girl could order anything she wanted.

 

Once they finished their meal, he walked Sunny back to the play ground but her Mom was not there. Therefore, the man offered Sunny a night at his orphanage and they would went to find her Mom the day after.

 

“Thank you Mr. Choi. You are a kind and generous man I’ve ever met.”

 

“You’re welcome Soonkyu.”

 

“Uhm .. Mr. Choi? Can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Go ahead, Soonkyu.”

 

“Can I call you appa?”

 

“Of course.” With that, he gave her a warmest smile that she had ever seen.

 

The next morning. Sunny woke up in tears since she heard that her mother had accident and could not make it on the way to hospital. The little girl sat there whole day, in Mr. Choi’s embrace. She lost both her father and mother when she was too young. But thank to Mr. Choi, he gave her a place in his orphanage and supported the girl a lot. In a word, Mr. Choi brought Sunny a second family, although it was not like her real one, at least, it warm her little lonely heart.

 

---

 

Sunny unpacked her backpack then collapsed on her little but warming bed. She wanted to get into her dreamland so bad since tomorrow would be Chirstmas Eve and the short blond girl managed to go out for whole day, she had to gain enough energy. However, remembering her promise with Taeyeon, she could not let herself rest until she finished her work.

 

The short blond girl pulled out her cell phone and texted a message for her boss – to asked her if he was free enough to talk about the case but there was no answer.

 

Suddenly. Sunny’s phone went off and she saw a familiar number on the screen: Taeyeon.

 

“What’s up Tae?”

 

“Sunny, I think there is someone in my apartment. Sunny, I’m scared, my stuff was foraged.”

 

“Okay calm down, if possible, can you step outside and talk to the security of your apartment? I’m on my way to your house now.”

 

“O...okay.”

 

Sunny rushed out again, heading to Taeyeon’s house. The brunette need her. But when she arrived, there was no Taeyeon but a pale old man confusedly stood in front of the brunette’s apartment.

 

“I’m police, where is she?”

 

“She ... she ... some men in black took her away. Miss please, save Taeyeon, she is too nice to deserve being kidnapped.” That old man, who was the security, gave Sunny a piece of paper with some handwriting on it.

 

“Wanna save your girlfriend? Come to see me at Incheon seaport.”

 

---

 

“Kim Taeyeon, right? You don’t know how to live peacefully in this city, do you?” A man’s voice echoed across the dark smell room. Taeyeon was tied on a chair. Beside her was another person, also being tied – Joon.

 

“Joon?”

 

“Noona...” The boy faced her, sobbing.

 

“Joon, are you okay?”

 

“Damn it. Stop those romantic things you two.”

 

“Who are you, what do you want from us?” Taeyeon calmly asked the man. She still did not know who he was until he stood up from his seat and let the Moonlight shine his face.

 

“Choi YongMin,” Taeyeon grind her teeth.

 

“You are the girl at that alley. I should kill you right there then. I’m so mercy, right?”

 

“So why do you want me now?”

 

“Because you knew too much.”

 

“What about Joon?”

 

“He is the one who give you information.”

 

“No, he didn’t. Let him go and do whatever you want with me.”

 

“You know girl. I have my rule, whoever gets to know my little secret, they will die. I don’t care if that person is a boy, a girl, a woman, a men or even an elder. People knows me as a kind heart man and I will let nothing disturb my career.”

 

“You call that is your career? It make me feel disguised.” The brunette receive nothing but a slap right after she finished her comment.

 

“Shut up. I’ll kill all of you, but I want to wait for another interesting person. Your girlfriend.”

 

“I don’t have any girl... Oh my God, it’s Sunny. What did you do with her?”

 

“Nothing, just wait.”

 

Sunny parked her car outside the port and run as fast as she could into it to find Taeyeon. On her way, she grabbed a metal stick and used it as her weapon since she let her gun in her locker at the Police Department.

 

The short blond girl, with her skill, easily fight against the guards waiting for her. Sunny raised the stick and hit a man hard on his back after jumping upon his head to escape the man’s attack. Then she rapidly lower herself to dodge another attack from the second man and from her position, she managed to distract him by whipping the stick from bottom to top, landed it hard on his stomach.

 

Sunny then stand up, regain her balance when a group of six bodyguards were dashing into her. This time, they had guns hanging on their shoulders.

 

“What a great way to celebrate Christmas. I even supported to ask her out tomorrow.”

 

The short blond girl climbed up on one container next to her and started to run on them, which could somehow blur those shooters’ sight. And she made it, well, until one of those men silently climb up on the other side of the containers set.

 

*BANG*

 

A gun shoot was heard, then everything became silent.

 

Sunny looked at her lower body. There was a wound on her right leg. She felt hot as she was burn in fire. Her leg remained no energy. In seconds, the short blond girl knelt down on her left knee to support her strength as she heard a loud thud from behind. Another man hit the scruff of her neck hard with the of his gun.

 

She soon felt dizzy, her eyelids was fighting to open but fail. Everything around the short blond girl went black.

 

---

 

The only thing Sunny knew after she was out of unconscious was that she was tied next to some one else. Her head still hung low because of pain. And her leg, she could not feel it anymore. What she could see was a lot of blood, on the cold ground below. She stirred a little bit to predict how tight she was chained.

 

“Sunny? Sunny? Are you awake?” The short blonde heard a familiar voice call her.

 

“Urg... Tae?”

 

“Yes, don’t talk too much, your injury is so bad.”

 

“I’m fine, where are we?”

 

“Somewhere near the ocean, I could smell it when they brought me here.”

 

“Incheon seaport.”

 

“Sunny, they all went out for a while. We should escape before they come back.” Taeyeon suggested.

 

“There is no way to get out of here Tae, they ...”

 

*Clap clap*

 

“You are still my good girl, Soonkyu.”

 

There was only one know her real name beside her parents. Mr. Choi YongMin.

 

“Mr. Choi? You remember me?” Sunny’s eyes wide opened as the moment she saw Choi YongMin stepped inside.

 

“Of course, why can I forget a cute girl like you?”

 

“Where are you, the kind heart man I used to know. The one who helped me to overcome my parents’ death.”

 

“Yes, that kind heart man died long time ago Soonkyu. Life is changing, always, and if I didn’t change, I couldn’t survive my dear. It’s like a rule, an orbit.” The man stepped closer to the short blond girl and raised up her chin to face him. He did not notice that the brunette was secretly trying to pull out her cell phone from her coat’s pocket and dial the police emergency number. This idea just recently popped up from her mind. If only the brunette had remembered her phone sooner, Sunny would not have to suffer like that.

 

---

 

“Sir, you have to listen to it, this is an emergency.” An officer called his boss liked there was no tomorrow.

 

“Okay, take it easy officer Lee. Volume up please!”

 

---

 

“Why do you do this? Kidnap me, kidnap us?” Taeyeon suddenly distracted.

 

“Well, because you guys went too far, and I won’t let anyone, even a kid, destroy my business, my life.”

 

“...”

 

“You’ve already changed ... Choi Appa.”

 

“Anyway, I have my business to mind and all of you are here so I’ll waste no time. Soon enough, you guys will meet each other, on heaven. It will take no time.” Choi YongMin quickly grabbed a knife on a table at the corner of the room then rushed to Sunny and stabbed her stomach in an upward direction.

 

Sunny screamed in pain. Her body stretched when the force impact her organs. She managed to catch as much oxygen as possible but it looked like she fail. The knife might damage her lung. The short blond girl quickly went into unconscious.

 

“SUNNY !!!”

 

---

 

“Track their position and call the SWAT. Immediately!”

 

“Roger, Sir.”

 

---

 

Choi YongMin turned to face Taeyeon and Joon, both of them were looking at him in fear.

 

“Your turns. Who want to join her first?”

 

“...”

 

The man used his sharp knife trailed along Taeyeon’s neck but attempted to not cause any serious wound since he wanted the brunette to suffer more. Then he stopped and turn to face Joon, like what he had done with Sunny, Choi YongMin stabbed directly into the boy’s chest. His eyes wide opened in shock, the boy collapsed on his chair, could not say any last words.

 

Taeyeon whispered something and shook her head, looking at the cold heart man standing in front of her in tears.

 

“Just do it already.” She closed her eyes tight, waiting for the worst thing happened. But Choi YongMin ignored her and kept playing with the brunette.

 

“You don’t need to beg me.” With that, he raised his knife, prepared to stab the latter.

 

*BAM*

 

The room’s door broke down, full-geared polices dashed into Choi YongMin, some of them stopped to release Sunny, Taeyeon and Joon from the chair. Minutes later, doctors appeared and transfer them to the hospital.

 

---

 

Several days later.

 

 A shining light was striking her eyes as she groaned and tried to raise her hand to cover them but she felt something holding it.

 

Sunny managed to look to her side to find what “it” was.

 

“T ... Tae ... Yeon ...”

 

“Urgh ... Oh My God, you are awake Sunny. I’ll call the doctor.” Taeyeon stood up immediately and rushed out of the room then ran back after minutes, sat down on the chair next to Sunny’s bed.

 

“Where ... is ... the ... boy?” Sunny murmured.

 

“He couldn’t make it, he died that night.” Taeyeon answered with tears in her eyes. She was sad because she lost Joon but at the same time, she was also happy as she helped to bring this case out, she helped to release many other children.

 

“I’m ... sorry ... aww ... for ... didn’t ... trust you ... aww ...” The short blond girl groaned in pain and held her chest. Outside, a doctor and a nurse opened the door and ran toward her.

 

“Miss, your injure is very bad. The knife damaged your lung. We will not allow you to talk until it get better.” The doctor ordered her after checking.

 

“I will remind her Sir. Thank you.” Taeyeon bowed before the doctor left.

 

“Tae ... I ...” Sunny managed to talk again.

 

“Stop there, you are not allowed to talk.”

 

Okay, so the doctor and Taeyeon would not let Sunny talk, but the short blonde wanted to talk something so bad. She thought to find a way. Then she saw a stack of napkin on the small shelf beside her bed. She reached for a single piece and pointed at the pen in Taeyeon’s t-shirt’s pocket.

 

“I’m sorry.” She wrote on the napkin then handed it to Taeyeon.

 

“For what? You didn’t do anything wrong. You saved me. And everything is over now, you don’t need to worry and sorry anymore.” Taeyeon wrote back, on another piece. The two girls started their napkin-conversation.

 

“Taeyeon ... ... ... I had a crush on you ... since we met at the first time.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Really?”

 

Taeyeon nodded in respond.

 

“I don’t want to have a date in this terrible situation. Can we start all over again?”

 

Here went another nodded from Taeyeon.

 

“Hi, I’m Lee Soonkyu or Sunny. A police officer.” Sunny continued writing.

 

“I’m Kim Taeyeon, a journalist.”

 

“Can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Yes?!”

 

“Can you sit on my bed?” Sunny handed the latter her napkin and patted a space beside her, signaled Taeyeon to sit.

 

Then Sunny held her pain, leaned closer to Taeyeon, and kissed the latter’s check.

 

END.