Chapter 2

The Island

 

 

“I can’t see Korea anymore,” Taemin said as he looked over the balcony on the top floor of the cruise ship.

“No going back now,” Minho said holding Taemin around the waist. Not only because he was worried that Taemin would fall off, but because he could be this close in the open without sasaengs taking photos or being embarrassed because of people watched them.

“I’m getting in the water,” Taemin said jumping into the deep pool, “come in hyung.”

Minho looked around before jumping in doing a water bomb. Taemin covered his eyes as water went everywhere. “How was that?” Minho laughed as he came to the surface.

“Huge!” Taemin exclaimed spreading both his arms wide to measure the size.

Minho smiled and picked Taemin up in his arms stealing a kissed “hyung…public,” Taemin blushed.

“We’re alone, no one is going to come up here,” Minho said holding Taemin tighter in his arms.

“Ya! We came here to swim!” Taemin said pushing Minho off him.

“I wasn’t implying that,” Minho blushed as he chuckled “not a bad idea though.”

“You’re as bad as Jonghyun hyung is with Key umma,” Taemin said poking out his tongue.

Minho rolled his eyes “I am not.”

Taemin chuckled “are too.”

Minho swam towards Taemin who swam backwards “ya! Don’t run away,” Minho chuckled.

“Why not?” Taemin laughed then turned around and swam as fast as he could to the other end of the pool.

“I’m going to beat you!” Minho called out picking up his pace.

Taemin touched the wall and stopped “I win.”

Minho touched the wall “re-match!” He demanded.

“Okay one-two-three go!” Taemin said in a rush and started before Minho realised what was happening.

“Ya! Wait!” Minho called out rushing after Taemin again.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Well congratulations,” Onew smiled as he boosted a toast to everyone.

The four members lifted up there Champaign glasses clinging them together in celebration of their well-deserved break.

“I can’t believe we’re finally here,” Key smiled as he sipped his drink.

“Neh, three months away from that godforsaken place,” Minho joked.

“Yet you know what’s going to happen when we get back?” Jonghyun said looking at Onew’s pile of food on his plate. If their manager were here, they would be torn a new one in lectures.

“Hey! I’m on holidays,” Onew pouted.

They laughed at their leaders’ reaction, but they all knew that it would have to happen for all of them. When they got back, they would have to work hard to lose any weight they put on during this trip.

They all began to eat, happy words, light kisses, it was a perfect peaceful dinner unlike their usual quick noodles between photo shoots or a power bar in between concert songs. The captain even visited each table checking if everything was okay and everyone was enjoying themselves, and the only reply SHINee could give was a yes, best day in a long time.

“So what are you doing tomorrow?” Key asked Taemin and Minho.

“Nothing much, just exploring, there is a movie I want to see in the third theatre,” Minho said.

“Oh, is that Haeundae?” Jonghyun asked with a mouthful of food.

“Ya! Manners!” Key snapped.

“Sorry,” Jonghyun said with a mouthful of food still.

Key rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Minho “so, you’re going to scare the pants off Taemin and give him nightmares again?” Key snapped at Minho.

“No, it’s not the tsunami one, it’s another before that one," Minho said trying to remember the name. "…umm…it's '100 Days with Mr; weArrogant.'” 

Jonghyun pouted “Key, you should be the best boyfriend in the world and go with me to watch Haeundae, please."

“No! You wanna kill me? I’m not going to watch a movie about a tsunami while I’m in the middle of the ocean. And I am the best boyfriend in the world; I put up with you!” Key snapped refusing to go.

Jonghyun sighed giving up, he knew better than to press on subject Key didn’t like.

“Onew, will you go?” Jonghyun puppy eyed.

“I’m not really into scary movies,” Onew said trying to work his way out of it.

“Hyung, I will go, after the movie with Taemin,” Minho offered.

“Yes! You’re the best dongsae ever!” Jonghyun cheered.

“Thanks, Minho,” Key smiled relieved that he wouldn’t have to watch it.

“You know everyone is starting to dance on the dance floor, can we go?” Taemin asked pulling on Minho’s sleeve.

“Really?” Key smiled turning around to look behind him “oh my god there is! Jonghyun I’m just going to go get changed then we can go, neh?” Key smiled.

“Me too,” Taemin said getting up to follow the other.

 

~**~*~*~*~

Twenty minutes later

“Okay ready,” Key said as he finished freshening his makeup.

“Finally,” Taemin sighed. He had been sitting on the couch waiting for Key to finished for the past ten minutes. “I’ve aged like a decade waiting for you,” Taemin joked dramatising standing up and squishing his face to make a fish face.

Key poked out his tongue as he walked to the door, however just as he reached the door boat rocked violently.

“Kya!” Key screamed falling onto the floor.

“Umma,” Taemin gasped as he held onto the couch that was bolted to the floor.

“What just happened?” Key gasped.

“We must’ve hit a giant iceberg like the Titanic! We’re going to sink! We all going to die!” Taemin cried out all dramatically.

Key rolled his eyes; he knew he shouldn’t have let Taemin watch that movie last night before they went on the cruise.

“It’s not an iceberg, we are nowhere near cold water. Now let’s go, we should go up to the deck to check on what’s happening,” Key said getting up and opening the door and running towards the stairs knowing Taemin wouldn’t take the elevator nor would it be a good idea to go up an elevator while the ship was rocking so dangerously like before.

Taemin ran after Key. They made it up the first floor then halted to a stop. They could hear gunfire! Screams of innocent people and yelling from others.

“Tae…let's go back down,” Key insisted taking Taemin hand.

“Minho hyung! Minho hyung’s up there! Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung we can’t leave them,” Taemin cried.

“Tae, it’s too late…we need to go,” Key said as he practically pulled Taemin down the stairs.