First(?) Meeting

Fate...

"So this formula here is used to determine the gradient of this line here and then this..." the teacher scribbled on the white board and explained the equations. The students were either facing the board but with their eyes closed or chatting to each other without getting caught by the teacher. You were listening to the teacher but you got bored so you drew cartoons on a piece of paper.

 

"Sigh, when will this end?" you muttered under your breath softly and continued scribbling random words on the paper. Suddenly you heard a car honking loudly outside. Your heat skipped a beat as you remembered something. ‘Crash!’ You heard the sound of a car crashing in your head. Your heartbeat suddenly increased rapidly and your head hurts. You held your pen tightly and you had difficulties in breathing. Your forehead dripped with cold sweat and you tried hard to breath. Asthma.

 

'Not now, please...' you begged in your head and struggled to get the teacher's attention but failed. You tried to stand up but your legs had no energy now. You stumbled and fell on the floor, hitting the chair that made a loud crash. The whole class looked at you and they all gasped. The teacher quickly called one of the students to help you as she ran towards you. A girl sitting in front of you helped you up as the teacher asked how you are as she instructed the student to bring you to the infirmary. The last thing you heard is "Are you alright?" by the teacher. You soon out and fainted.

 

You didn't know what happened but you found yourself lying on the bed in the infirmary. You felt pain in your head as you tried to get up. You put your hands on your both sides to support your weak body. Instead of a soft matress, you touched something else. You jumped and looked beside you. You saw a guy sleeping on a chair while resting his head on the side of the bed. You rubbed your eyes and looked clearly. You were almost screaming but you controlled yourself to prevent waking him up.

 

You don't know this guy. Wait. Why is he here, beside your bed? Many questions were waiting to be answered as you curiously stared at the stranger. Suddenly, the guy woke up and looked up at you. He stared at you with a lazy gaze and smiled sheepishly. Your eyes widened in surprise as your cheeks went red. You touched your cheeks and found that it's hot. You didn't know why you're blushing. Maybe because of his looks? 'He looks so...hot...' you thought. You immediately shook it off and scolded yourself. 'What the hell am I thinking?? Aish…'

 

"W-who the hell are you??" you managed to blurt out. He smiled and yawned a bit before answering you.

 

"Ilhoon. Jung Ilhoon. Nice to meet you, Eun Ri~" he chimed and held his hand out and waited for you to shake it. You weren't the type to get close with someone so quickly so you hesitated. "Uhh... Nice to meet you too, Il...hoon?" you hesitantly took his hand and shook it lightly before releasing it almost immediately. "And how did you know my name??" you suddenly remembered he's a total stranger.

 

He smiled, more like smirked, and said "Who wouldn't know the daughter of the famous Kwon Company? And besides, the whole school knows the 'goddess' of the school." "G...goddess?" you never heard anyone call you a 'goddess' before.

 

"Why not? You're talented, beautiful and kind. You're like close to perfect!" he exclaimed. You blushed as he praised you like you really are a goddess. "B-but I'm not really..." you tried to disagree but you were too shy to say anything. He smiled at you and you felt your heat race. His smile is so angelic that you couldn't help but blush at it. He saw you blush and secretly smirked without you seeing.

 

“So, Eun Ri? What actually happened to you that put you in this infirmary?” he asked. You thought for a while and opened your mouth to answer him but you stopped. Your heart started to beat fast again as you clutched you chest. You felt tears welling up your eyes as you remembered the accident that happened. Ilhoon panicked and tried to comfort you.

 

“I always had asthma whenever I get shocked or frightened.” you managed to blurt out a few words. “And just now in class, I heard a car honking outside…” tears started to well up again. “I remembered… My parents… They…” you couldn’t continue anymore. You started to cry even more. You covered your face with your hands and cried. Ilhoon looked at you and felt sad too.

 

“You’re parents were involved in a car crash a week ago, right?” he said. Your head shot up and you looked at him. “H-how did you know…?” you said as you wiped off your tears. He looked at you with comforting eyes. “Don’t worry, I’m here for you…” he said as he got up and slowly hugged you. You were stunned when he hugged you but you felt comforted by his hug. “W-what do you mean..? Who are…you?” you asked him as you let him hug you.

 

“From today onwards, I will protect you. I will be by your side whenever you’re in need. I will take care of you.” he said as he smiled. You looked at him and blinked hard. “What..?” you couldn’t believe what he said. How could a stranger suddenly say he would protect you? He looked at you and smiled. His smile made your heart race.

 

“Don’t you think that it’s fate that we met? Not only today… The last time I met you, it’s no coincidence…” he said. “What do you mean? We just met today…right?” you couldn’t remember meeting him before today. You looked at him as he smiled and shrugged. “Well, I guess it’s just fate.”

 

===============================================================================================

I'm sorry for the late update >< As I said, I'm quite busy and writing fanfics is quite a hard thing to do... Sometimes you just run out of ideas. I'll try to update whenever I have time~

And please subscribe and comment what you think of my fanfic >< Because I need those to improve my writing~ Thanks :D

OMG... It's only the third chapter and I already have 9 subscribers? OMG~ To me it's already a lot~ Thanks to all my subscribers TwT I love you guys~

I hope y'all like this chapter :3