and they live happily ever after

Happy Endings

 

Disclaimer: I don't own these amazing beautiful perfect characters in School 2013. God bless the script-writer for his/her flawed but extremely likable protagonists.

This oneshot is rated G.

---

They've made it.

It was a long, hard journey, but here they are. The sky, once bright and blue and full of endless possibilities is in a sudden sweep, littered with countless black graduate caps. There's shrieks and hoots of happiness and relief and 'guys! guys, we did it!' and Namsoon grins, allowing himself to get pulled into a bear hug by a certain spunky tomboy. He could hear the frantic beating of his heart in his ear, the adrenaline pumping in his veins.

It was a feeling Go Namsoon was very used to.

But this time, it's incredibly different.

There are no gangsters chasing him, no bruised eye, no split lip, no fear in his heart.

Today is graduation.

Namsoon finally wrenches himself out of Kang Joo's bear hug, ruffles her hair and gets a genuinely tinkling laugh in return. 'I'll be back!', he shouts amidst all the screams and shrieks from his fellow classmates, ducks his head and weaves through the crowd.

His eyes are searching, flitting urgently from familiar face to face but he still can't find who he's looking for. He receives claps on the back, calls from various girls, and one even manages to slip her hand in his, waving her free hand in front of his eyes to get his attention. He eases her wrist away from in front of his face and slips out of her grip, becoming more frantic with the second.

One hand slides into his back pocket to feel for his phone, when he suddenly receives a kick to the back of his thighs. Namsoon gasps, legs going slack for a second before he regains balance, swiftly whipping around to see a smirking Heungsoo, eyebrow raised.

"Yah! Michi saekki..." Namsoon grits his teeth in mock menace, taking one step that minimizes the distance between the two.

"Hey, hey... watch that language, saekkiya!" Heungsoo teases, easing up further towards his best friend.

'Hypocrite', Namsoon rolls his eyes, grin still plastered to his face.

He must be grinning like a fool, because Heungsoo's staring at him with the strangest expression and Namsoon feels .

"What?" Namsoon breathes, his adam's apple bobbing as he swallows.

Heungsoo has the slightest smirk lifting the corner of his mouth and suddenly Namsoon feels the pressure of a hand at the small of his back, pulling him towards the taller man. He's suddenly frantic again, a swell of excitement in his chest as he hisses.

"W-what are you doing?"

He's not looking at Heungsoo in the eye because damn, it's so hard to when the other boy is staring him down. 'That bastard is clearly enjoying this!', Namsoon sulks, turning redder with each passing moment. When Heungsoo's lips are simply millimetres from his cheek, Namsoon squeezes his eyes shut.

"N-not h-h-here..." The clear press of lips on skin shocks Namsoon. "H-Heungsoo-ah!"

The taller boy pulls away, signature smirk still visible on his handsome face.

"I'm the only one who gets to see that expression, got that?"

Namsoon blinks, completely flabbergasted as the words register in his mind and he raises up his diploma to cover his blushing face. He swears he hears a 'so cute' from Heungsoo, to which he hisses to again and whisper-shouts, 'am not!'

Just when Namsoon's about to kick Heungsoo and run away, the older boy seizes his arm and pulls him backwards into his arms.

"Happy graduation, Go Namsoon."

Namsoon's heart is close to bursting from his rib cage.

"I hope to see more of your adorable expressions," Heungsoo's breath is hot in his ear, "and claim all your firsts."

Namsoon gulps.

"Starting with this."

He spins Namsoon around and kisses him.

Kang Joo hoots.

After school ends, will you move in with me?