The Return

The Lonely Ones

 

Kyungsoo P.O.V.

 It’s been four weeks since my return and no sign of trouble..... Yet! Kris says I am stressed out due to the fact that I opened the café and because I will be meeting my mother’s soon to be husband and his family on Friday, which is two days from now.

Of course I am nervous of meeting her soon to be husband. The last guy that came into her life, left her broken beyond repair. I had to watch as she blamed herself because father left, while I lived in fear that she might someday give up and take her life. Slowly I had to support her get back on her feet and watched out for her.

 My mother is a soft hearted woman, she is the sweetest person anyone could ever meet and that’s exactly what I hate about her. She is too soft and trusts people easily. Something I, unfortunately have inherited from her.

“What are you thinking so hard about, Boss” Yixing or Lay as he likes to be called, whispered teasingly in my ear. He is the pastry maker of the Café. This cute Chinese man was the first one I truly opened up to since I came here.

“I told you not to call me Boss Lay, it makes me sound old” I whined.“I like older lovers, babe~”He winked at me and went in to the kitchen to check on the oven.

“Smells like the macaroons are done” Baekhyun cried as he walked into the café with a bag of coffee beans I ordered a few days ago. He grunts as he placed it on the ground. “It’s not that heavy Baek”

“Whatever” he mumbles as he picks up the bag, struggles on his way to the kitchen.

“Good afternoon Kyungsoo” Luhan, one of Kris’s friend. He is a 29 year old interior designer. Apparently he and Kris knew each other when he used to live in China until Kris moved, but they were reunited when Luhan had somehow managed to get a nail through his palm which landed him in the hospital. Which is believable since the dude was super clumsy.

“Afternoon hyung, where are the other two?” I asked as I watched him take his usual spot by the window.

“They were making out in the car so I left them, can I get a cup of coffee, French vanilla, with extra, extra, extra sugar” he order with a smile.

“Why do you drink coffee if you don’t like bitter things? There is bubble tea if you want that” I suggested.

“No. I am a man and I need a man’s drink”

“Adding extra, extra, extra sugar defeats the whole point of it being a manly drink hyung” I informed him. “Just give me my coffee and stop making me feel unmanly~” he whine.

“Is Luhan crying about being "manly" again?” Baekhyun commented as he emerged from the kitchen with a piece of chocolate cake on a small plate as he devoured it. I am so adding that to his bill.

“It’s Luhan hyung, Baekhyun!” Luhan corrected. “I will start calling you hyung when you are as manly as Kris hyung and can kick like Tao, Lu Han” he teased as he joined him by the window.

“Panda~ My oo hurts~ kiss it” Kris hyung whined in a childish manner as he and Tao walked in hand in hand. “Aww my baby is hurt, where is your boo boo?” he asked “Right here” Kris as he pointed to his pouting lips.

 “I will make your oo go away then” Tao replied equally  as childish as Kris. He leaned and pecked Kris, while kiss whined for more.

“And you call that manly?” Luhan hyung pointed at the couple while Beakhyun looked completely disturbed by the whole scene.

 “Shut up! They woke up on the wrong side of their bed today. That’s why” he explained. “I seriously need to get myself a boyfriend” he quickly added and went back to his cake.

“I don’t mind being you boyfriend hyung” Junhong better known as Zelo commented as he, Daehuyn, Jongup and Himchan walked still in their uniforms. They are in High school and worked part time here.

“Sorry Zelo baby but you are too young for me, try again when you turn 20” Beakhyun replied.

 “Yah! Why did you guys leave us behind?”Kibum(Key) and Taemin  also in high school and works part time yelled as they walked in. Well only Key yelled, Taemin looked exhausted,panting heavy trying to catch his breathe.

“Maybe because you two are too slow” Minho said as he entered the shop followed by, myungsoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun,  Sungkyu, and Sungjong. They also worked as part timers but they are in college.

 “Hey guys” I called. “Good afternoon Hyung” they all greeted in union. “Afternoon, go get ready, we are about to open in 20 minutes” I informed them. “Okay” they replied as the rushed into the changing room still bickering among themselves.

“How do you handle them” Kris asked as he went to sit with the other two by the window. “I don’t know, I just like them. They make the café a fun place to be” I replied.

“Don’t you guys have jobs you have to get to?” it’s not that I don’t like spending time with them but it seems that they are always here!

 “I have an hour break” Kris said

 “I own my business so breaks are as long as I want” Luhan stated.

 “Today is my off day” Tao responded.

 “I don’t like meeting old stuck up, rich idiots who think they rule the world!” Beakhyun plainly stated.

“So, why are you guys here again?” I asked puzzled.

“Because your shop is always filled with drama, it entertaining to watch” they replied in union.

“Whatever, just don’t get in our way” I warned as I walked to flip the open sign. The guys finally emerged from the changing room and went to their rightful posts.

“Ready guys?”

 “Yes!”

“Fighting and good luck everyone”

 “Fighting!”

“In 5.4.3.2.1.” the door bell rang its  lovely jingle signaling the entrance of our customers.

 “Welcome to Café de l’amour!”

"K...K...Kyungsoo? Soo-ah......" a familiar voice called, sending cold chills throughout my body. I raise my head from my bow and look straight in those pair of eyes that I never thought I would see again.

Remember when I said no sign of trouble.

Yeah, scratch that because trouble just walked in.

Kai POV

It’s been a year since I returned from Spain. After the whole kyungsoo/betrayal of my fiancee and best friend, I had a mental breakdown. I was shipped to Spain for recovery, I was okay after the first two months but I decided to stay there. I only returned when my father decided it was time for me to take over the company.

 He believed the company grew more under my direction, which is true. Although I was not in the country, the decisions made went through me. I gave my dad ideas of how to run the company, two years ago he bought a rundown production company and told me to fix it, it was hard but I managed to get it on the right track.

Just last year he handed it to me as a birthday gift, who does that? I didn’t complain and took responsibility. I did search for Kyungsoo to apologize but I was told he left the country.

As for Suho, he also got shipped to the states, we haven’t really talked and when we did talk, it was about business. I still hate him for what he did and he equally hates me also. We weren’t at each other’s throat like immature children; we just didn’t acknowledge each other, end of story. I like life like this, it’s calm and easy. I don’t even know how I did it in the past, living such a crazy life like that.

"Sir, you have a meeting in 30 minutes and your mom is on her way here. Just wanted to give you a warning" Chanyeol said as he poked his head through the door. Yep! I still have him as my secretary. I couldn’t survive without him, he also went to Spain with me, but he returned a year before I did.

"I thought I told you not to call me Sir, Yeol. You make me sound Old"

"Sorry but it’s hard to break the habit, I know we are best friends but we are at work and here you are my boss, outside of work you are the idiotic loser I call my friend" he spoke truthfully.

“It’s no use it is?"

“Nope! It’s going to be Sir"

“Fine, when did you say my mom was coming?"

"Oh in about -"

“Baby~ mommy is here to have lunch with you" she said as she strutted into the room.

"It's nice to see you too mom"

"Awwa isn’t my son so cute? Right Yeolie"

“Yes Madame, excuse me" he said politely as he closed the door behind him.

"What a nice boy. Any who lets go have lunch" he said excitedly with a bright smile.

“I can’t Mom, I have a meeting I have to get to"

"Fine but you are coming with me next time" she warned.

“Yes of course, Mother! Where are you going for lunch? I can drop by later if I have time"

"I really don’t know, your Aunt said she was taking to this new Cafe that open, she said it was filled with flower boys and I just want to see just how cute they are"

"MOM!!"

“What? Your dad has a and I can’t look at cute boys? It’s not like I am going to eat them"

“I know mom, but its weird hearing you say things like that and you should stop hanging around auntie Lee too much she is too crazy"

“Crazy is how I like my family, bye love. I will call you later if anything comes up"

"Okay, bye" I wave at her retrieving back.

The drive to the broadcasting studio was shorter than I expected, Chanyeol filled me on last minutes information and points that will be helpful durring the meeting if things didn’t go my way.

We walk into the meeting room while reading documents. “Let’s get this meeting going” I told them. They filled me on the new stuff that had happening, such how the drama we are producing was about to end and the new one; we are thinking of replacing it with.

“What are your opinions for the new drama?” I asked. “Well, we were thinking of K.S.K. asking to write a script for us. He is an amazing writer; his shows are always a hit. I cried last night when I read his last book he published” Mr. Wang, the Head of production said, the bags under his eyes supporting his claim. Mr. Wang is a no nonsense type of guy, so for him to cry must mean this KSK person is really good.

 “Is he that good?” I asked Chanyeol, since I had no idea who this KSK person is. “Yes! He is one of best writer in the world right now” he reassured me.

 “I think we should also try him to sign with our company. I heard his contract with his old company in Canada ended, so he is anyone’s fish to catch right now” Head of management, Mrs. Kim said.

“Then set up a meeting with him, I want to meet him” I said.

“See that’s the problem, we can’t meet him. Only his manager knows who and how K.S.K looks like. We don’t even know if he is a he or a she.We just call him a he just because we think it is a dude” Jason, our Head of Research replied as he leaned back in his chair. Jason is about my age but I am a few years older than him. Many people tend to look down on him but he always proved them otherwise.

“Who is the manager?” I asked. “Wait one second, we prepared a presentation for you” Mrs. Kim replied as she went to help Jason prepare. “Okay we are ready” Jason called for attention as the lights and shades went down.

“Okay, from the basic, K.S.K is a world renowned writer. He has written scripts for about 12 movies and all were blockbusters. They all sold out on the first two months, people had to preorder tickets months before the release. His books are as good as Stephanie Meyer and L.E. James.

 His books are never the same, his first book was written in 2010 and up to today it’s still in demand. His last book of his Spoken truth series was released two months ago and it’s a page turner! He has written in many genres such as Romance, Science Fiction, Horror, Adventure and Homouality.

Yes, Homouality. It’s his first book; it’s called Loving the wallflower. It’s so good but in the end the main character dies. His books are fictional but hold real life experiences in it, he doesn’t hide the truth. That’s what makes his books so addicting. Once you pick it up you can’t put it down.

 His contract with his old company ended a few months ago but he refused to renew it with them, they were even going to give him half of the company shares but he refused and went into hiding.

 

 

About six weeks ago his manager, 28 years old  Byun BeakHyun was spotted in Seoul meeting publishing companies. But so far, it’s said that he has rejected all of them” Jason explained.

 

“So this Byun Beakhyun is the only person who knows and has contact to K.S.K.” I asked. “Yeah… but he isn’t really free. One second he is here and the next he is on the other side of the world” Jason said “Chanyeol can you-”

“Already on it” he answered with the phone already glued to his ear.

 “Hello, Is this Byun BeakHyun” Chanyeol spoke as he placed on speaker for everyone in the room to hear.

 “Yes, this is he. How may I be of help on this fine day?” Byun-ssi replied in a relaxed tone. “This is Park ChanYeol, the secretary of Kim Jongin from Dreamland production” Chanyeol replied in his usual business tone, while everyone became stiff, intensely listening to the conversation. As if one move and everything would go wrong.

 “Park Chanyeol… Chanyeol.... I like it. How old are you?” Byun-ssi asked. “Huh?” Chanyeol replied confused. “I asked what your age is” he repeated.

 “Oh.. um. I am 26 years old” 

“Oh then I am your hyung, I am 28 haha” he laugh. While Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck confused. “Chanyeol-ah. I will call you that. So how may I help you?”

“Well we were wondering if we could have a meeting with you to discuss business”

“Oh, what kind of business do we have to discuss?”

“Drama, if KSK-ssi wouldn’t mind writing a drama for us”

 “…….... You are straightforward, I like that. um let me see........... I am free this Friday around 4 PM.  Meet me At the Italian restaurant by Royal Hotel, it’s one of Hotel owned by your company right?” he asked.

“Yes, Byun-ssi”

“It’s Beakhyun, I will meet you there at 4 and wear something causal. I do not like begin around guys in suites”

 “Okay. Oh my Boss can’t come along; he is traveling on that day. So I hope you don’t mind”

“Yes, I am totally fine with that, it’s a date then”

“Huh?”

“Sorry I got to go, oh and by the way, your voice is super y~ bye” he said before he hanged up the phone leaving Chanyeol looking more clueless.

“Wow. I wish girls asked me out like that” Jason said breaking the silence. Everyone in the room nodded in agreement.

“He wasn’t asking me out, it’s a meeting” he said completely serious, Chanyeol is one of those guy whom didn’t know just how attractive they were, nor when someone was shamelessly hitting on them. Clueless is the word that describes him best. He is hard working and honest but very clueless when it came to himself.

 “IT’S A DATE CHANYEOL!” everyone said in union, I let out a small chuckle as I dismissed the meeting.

“Do you have anything causal to wear?” I asked curiously as we stepped out of the building. I have only seen him in suites, baggy sweats and pj’s, nothing causal. “I don’t think so… I mostly have suites in my closet and since I don’t go out much I don’t buy things I won’t use” he replied indifferently. “Goo-ssi” I called my drive, he opened his door to face my direction, bowing down before he looked at me.

“Hello, I was wondering if I would have the keys to the car. I want to have a little bonding time with Yeolie before I leave”

 “Of course sir you don’t have to ask me. It’s your car”

“I know but it’s more polite to ask” “Wow, you have changed a lot young master”

 “I hope it’s for the best” I asked jokingly as he handed me the keys, I placed some money in his hand. “What’s this for?”

“You can take a taxi home, I wasn’t going to let you walk home” I informed him. “Thank you, have fun” he said as he bowed while Chanyeol and I hoped in the car and drove away.

“Where are we going?”

 “Shopping my dear friend”

“Why?” he asks “You have to look good for your date”

“It’s not a date!”

 “Whatever makes you feel better Yeol” I replied with a teasing smile while he rolled his eyes and leaned back in the chair. This was going to be one hell of a shopping spree.

 

                         *******************************************************************

 

-xPanda's Notes!

i updated! And new characters,Vote in the poll!!!

 The High school part timers

                

Lee Taemin                                                        KIm Kibum or Key                             Choi Junhong or Zelo

 

 

       

 Kim Himchan                                                                                   Jung   Daehyun

 

           college part timers

        

 Kim Myungsoo                                                  Lee   Sungyeol                                              Nam  Woohyun

        

 Kim Sungkyu                                                          Lee   Sungjong                                     Choi Minho