Caffeine

Caffeine

Yoseob’s Point of View (POV)

Aish! That noona… there’s obviously not a single day of me coming early to school, is it? Damn, for Heaven’s sake.

And oh, look. The school gate is crowded again. Another kingka, perhaps?

I look up to search for Jieun. Or, of course, her other name IU. She had been my best friend since elementary school. And I, to be honest, had been crushing on her since middle school.

Ah, there she is… in the bunch of sasaeng fans surrounding the kingka of the school.

As I was walking towards Jieun to drag her away from the everlasting madness, those bunch of kingkas walked pass by me; brushing my shoulders like I’m just a heartless humanoid standing there to watch them. And that, are INFINITE.

I sighed and continued walking. Later, I would come over to Jieun and pull her towards our classroom.

 

“Yah, Yang Yoseob!” with that, I let go of her hands. “What were you thinking?! It hurts, okay?” she whined.

I glanced at her wrist; red. It must be my jealousy again…

The jealousy inside me had been developing since I entered high school. As you already knew, I had a crush on Jieun. She was mine at first, but then… that person.

Lee Howon. Or Hoya, from INFINITE, stole Jieun’s heart from me. He friggin’ stole HER from me! I hate him, I really do…

And what’s more, a kingka surely owns s near them, right? Well, that Hoya over there owns one. In fact, his whole group has a each. If I wasn’t wrong, her name was Jung Hyerim – a member of INFINITE’s sasaeng fan group, A Pink. Her other name is Eunji though.

She was the one who attacked Jieun after Hoya talked for awhile with Jieun that time. Oh, how I wish I could show you my hatred feeling for Eunji.

Just when I thought I could have a talk with Jieun, Hoya called her name. As IU, of course. That time, I glared at Hoya before glancing at Eunji. She was shooting Jieun a death glare as well. She sure has a plan to get back on Jieun…

I shook my head and took out the special edition of ‘Adventure Time’ in book version given by noona last weekend. Minutes later, Jieun would come back to sit next to me. “Yoseob-ah, you know what?!”

I closed the book and turned to Jieun. “What?”

Jieun braced herself and started to squeak; hurting my one-and-only right ear, “HOYA ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO JOIN HIM FOR A DAY AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK!!” I just nodded and took a peek towards INFINITE’s seats at the back of the class. Hoya was laughing his head off with his friends. I knew it. It was a bet, Jieun-ah…

 

KRINGG!! It’s recess time, duh. I’m just too lazy to stand up. Heh, is that even legit?

I stood up lazily and walked out of the class; dashing towards my locker. That was when I heard loud noises coming out from the ladies’ toilet nearby. Then I heard a familiar voice screaming. I hid behind a cupboard nearby and stood there for quite a while, before a few girls exit the toilet. A Pink. God damn it, it was Jieun.

I saw A Pink heading towards the cafeteria. And there, a great plan to get rid of Eunji. I smirked as I ran towards the kitchen. Sorry Jieun, but revenge comes first.

Later, I would enter the kitchen and approach one of the cooks. “Excuse me, ahjumma. Would you like me to lend a hand today? I’m feeling reaaaaal good.”

The cook smiled and approved. I took a nearby apron and put my bag aside; taking out a bottle of glue and stuff it into the apron’s pocket. In order to make my acting looks real, I will have to serve for some students first before Eunji approaches.

From afar, I could see 7 girls entering the cafeteria looking as innocent as possible like nothing happened. I quickly excuse myself and took a tray of food to the kitchen. There weren’t many people there so here’s my chance. I took out the glue and mixed it with the gravy. Die, Eunji. Die.

I cleaned my hands and got back to the front counter. I passed the tray to the ahjumma next to me. “Ahjumma, can you please give this to that girl with bangs over there when she gets near? I kind of have a crush on her so I’m a bit shy, hehe…”

The ahjumma chuckled and nodded. I smiled and thanked her. Heh… crush on Eunji my foot.

After A Pink approached and the ahjumma passed the tray to Eunji (and winked at me, ew), I faked a stomach-ache and excused myself from there. Later, I sat at a table nearby A Pink’s. I watched Eunji’s eating steps one-by-one. A few spoons fed and her face started to grow white. She vomited blood right there on her food tray. Ouch.

Her eyes seemed to turn white and later, blood would come out of her nose too. Then, she collapsed. The youngest member yet the genius one, Hayoung checked on Eunji’s nerves. “She’s… d-dead…”

Right there, I grinned of joy. I left the cafeteria and skipped to the classroom.

 

The next morning, Jieun came knocking my bedroom door. I stood up lazily and opened the door. “What do you want….”

“Yoseob, quick! You have to accompany me to meet Hoya! I’m beyond nervous!” she pushed me to the bathroom.

“Fine….” I then dragged myself to the bathtub and force my body to shower.

 

Jieun and I arrived on time and there were exactly 7 boys waiting for us; death-roll-eyes-over for me, while nice-and-sweet-grins for Jieun.

 

Time passes by and we were on our way to the last roller coaster ride; which will also be my last boring ride ever. Jieun and Hoya were holding each other’s hands. I glared at their hands until I realized that the other members were giggling like mad behind them. That was when I thought of another ‘get-rid’ plan.

The seats for the ride are only limited to 8 people, so I got dropped out, of course. While we were waiting for the next empty roller coaster to arrive, I looked around the place to search for anything that relates to the ride. I was still sitting on the bank when Jieun and INFINITE were settling themselves on their respective seats. I then spotted a programming computer nearby. Luck was on my side, the staff that guards the computer went to the loo for a while, or some sorts.

Observing the other staffs being busy handling the visitors, I took the chance to control the ride’s speed. I tapped a few times on the screen and adjusted the handle next to the computer. It was exactly set on beyond the maximum level. I ran out of the venue and watched from afar. For about 10 minutes after, it was their turn to move. Their ride could be seen as the fastest ever.

I watched every single move until they reached the peak of the ride track. There, their ride exceeded the track’s line as the chains broke apart due to the unbearable speed. The ride then was flipped over in the air, smashing itself with 7 boys and 1 girl in it onto the ground. Blood was soon seen everywhere around the roller coaster spot, as well as their scattered body pieces and debris of the roller coaster ride.

I sighed and turned my back to leave the place, while muttering a sentence that I never would say to my special girl.

 

“I love you, Lee Jieun. I really do. But because you’re so bad to me, you will have to leave me first.”