Chapter 1

I'm Sorry But I Can't

Morning..

Jiyeons POV:

Im still sleepy yet I need to go early because of a meeting. Eli will introduce me to his friend wherein I am recommended to

be the designer of its clothes. I think Im excited but somehow, I felt something that I cant explain what to call on it. Am I nervous? oh no! Im not that kind of girl and not now, I need to prepare myself.

When I came at Eli's company, my heart beat so fast that I never felt before. Its so strange to me.

Eli call for me and let me in, I saw 2 people. They are talking to each other so I can't see their faces. However, Eli interrupt them that gives me embarrassment.

"Guys, this is the perfect model for me and I really admire this girl for almost a year. She's very nice and pretty. She's creative as well. She studied in Paris and transfer here because of my offer. Kevin, Dongho this is Park Ji Yeon or simply Jiyeon" Eli's introduction made me flattered so I felt nervous more and more. I bow my head 180degrees but I can feel the eye of someone onto me and someone talked. "Can you please stand straight? I-I want to see you." the man told me stuttering, I felt my heart want to jump out of my body because of fright and nervous. I want to walked out when Eli hold my right hand. I face the man who told me to do so, he's in shock but I dont know why. He is very handsome and I think he's bubbly as well but I think... he hates me.

"Dude! dont look at my Jiyeon that way.."Eli's teasing tone. I feel flattered again not because I like Eli but it seems unfair.ugh~ then suddenly the man that hates me talked to me.

"Do you know me?" he sighed and look at me in serious look.

"I-I..I dont know you Sir.." I stuttered.

"then, good. Eli, I accept her but I dont want you to have connection with her when she's with me" He looked away and then attempt to leave when the other guy stop him. "H-hyung, are you okay?" he asked "Yes, let's go-" he was stopped by Eli.

"Wait, what's the matter dude? and Jiyeon doesn't know you yet even you Dongho" Eli exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah. Eli is right hyung. Jiyeon *he smiled at me* Im Dongho. Call me oppa if you want" Dongho's intro. He smiled at me and I smiled back then the other guy look at me badly. I can feel his anger but I dont know why when suddenly he start to talk.

"Im-Im Kevin Woo." He said without any emotion and then he walked out of Eli's office together with Eli and DOngho. I was shocked and I just seat in Eli's sofa. 

end of POV

 

Kevin's POV

I left Eli and Dongho saying that I have a conference but actually Im going to refresh and get some fresh air. The place that I own since I became a loner. I was in shocked in surprise. I saw her... the girl that dumped me 5 years ago. It still hurts, I dont know why but why she's not using her real name and acting that she doesn't know me?!?? But when I look at her eyes, I saw the innocent and real her but NO! Im not stupid! I wont let her to be happy because of her I definitely cannot be happy in my life. She doesn't even tell me the reason why she dumped me. I thought she likes me back but its a LIE! She will regret everything she does and now, she is controlling Eli? my best friend? NO WAY! She will not interfere between our friendship. She will suffer much than I suffer.

 

end of POV

 

...two days after, Jiyeon will start now her work as the new designer of Seouldiadem Corp. and also, it is the first day of Kevin's plan.

Jiyeon intoduce her to all the staffs and order her immidiately to bein her work when Kevin came and looking for her.

"Jiyeon *smile* are you free this lunch? any other appointment?" Kevin asked while smirking.

"uh? Sir Im sorry but Im busy right now, I guess you must go-" Jiyeon was stop because Kevin dragged her fastly.

"Dont try to reject me, Im your boss so theres no worries to think about." Kevin said while smiling.

"Sir-"

"Yes? Is there any problem?" Kevin asked while pushing Jiyeon to lean on the wall.

"uhm.nothing Sir" she sighed and looks down

Jiyeon's POV

I feel more heart beats its not ordinary feeling. Im nervous plus.. I feel Im... Im lucky. I can't figure out but I guess I like his cold attitude in the first time we met and now that he's dragging me somewhere I feel the love that I never felt before. I was scared of being hurt but I think I'll go with the flow. I dont intentionally feel it, so I think there is a reson behind it all.

end of POV

Jiyeon and Kevin reached the rooftop with a table set for two. A lot of food but no one is there except for them. Jiyeon surprisingly asked Kevin what's going on but Kevin never gave her any response but just a glare. She was panic when Kevin dragged her again but from this time on, Kevin became gentleman. Kevin seat infront of Jiyeon, he was mysteriously looking at Jiyeon with no emotion at all while Jiyeon whose very panic what to do unexpectedly blushing. She was confuse of what to do when Kevin started to break the silence.

"Jiyeon, you know what your pretty, very pretty, bubbly and cute. Your designs that you given to me are all good too.. But I can't trust you" Kevin says while staring at Jiyeon.

"huh? uhm. Sir, you could trust me be-" Jiyeon tries to tell her part when Kevin interrupted her.

"No. You can't gain my trust" Kevin says then leave Jiyeon dumbfounded.

Jiyeon shed her tears while Kevin is walking and leaving her alone. She can't even stand and fight for herself. But she mumbled.

"Yes, I know. All you can do is to judge. People always judged me for who I am but the truth is they just never want to know me well... You just me all the way here just to hurt me-but why I can't be mad-to you?" she thought then Jiyeon started to cry.

Im sorry but I cant

After what happened, Jiyeon don’t know now what to do. If she will still going to work at Kevin’s company. But that is just the second thing she was thinking, what the matter the most for Jiyeon is that.. “Why did Kevin do that?” Jiyeon is not mad at all, she’s just curious and confuse of Kevin’s attitude.

While walking, Jiyeon suddenly bumped to someone. It’s Dongho.

“Oh! I’m sorry..J-Jiyeon?” Dongho was in a little shocked.

“Oh! I’m sorry Sir, I’ll be going” Jiyeon quickly stand up without getting Dongho’s hand. It does not because of she’s shy of Dongho but because of she’s still crying. “Wait! Jiyeon? W-what happen? Tell me, did Kev-“ “NO SIR!” Jiyeon answered back without looking at Dongho. Dongho was startled because of it is the first time that a girl shouted him and it is the first time that he saw someone crying from Kevin’s company. Kevin is known as a bubble and funny person so ever staffs always in good mood working with Kevin but, today? Dongho became serious on his way to Kevin’s office. He knows Kevin so well since grade school so maybe Jiyeon just misunderstood it-- he thought.  

“Hyung~!” Dongho called while closing the door.

“Oh! Dongho, what’s up?” Kevin’s replied while smiling widely from his wide glass window.

“Let’s talk” Dongho says as his voice is in serious tone.

“Wow! I felt nervous today huh, because of your serious tone Dongho” Kevin teased Dongho then attempting to put his hand around to Dongho but unfortunately Dongho rejected it. “What’s your pro-“ Kevin was stopped by Dongho. “Hyung, why? Do you really hate her that much?” Dongho asked without any hesitation. “Huh? Her? Who’s her?” Kevin replied in innocent tone “Hyung! Who else I must refer to!? Of course its Jiyeon! Hyung what is the problem about her? It’s the first time I saw your staff crying and—and it doesn’t suit her!” Dongho says angrily while looking at Kevin’s eye “Why? Do you like her to protect her from me? It’s only about office work so don’t try to cover her up. I’m going to hurt her if I want because I am her boss!” Kevin replied in serious ad pure tone. The office was covered by their silence until Jiyeon knocked and Kevin just smirked. Kevin let Jiyeon came in. Dongho on the other side seem so sad about it all, he can’t do anything but just to look at Jiyeon. Dongho really don’t know what’s happening between the two.

Dongho’s POV

I’m sorry I can’t even stay at your side. Until now I’m weak, I can’t fight for the one who is being tortured and hurt. Since we met I know that I must protect you but can I? There’s no point for you to stay here, I know it’s your dream but why here? Eli was wrong from giving you to Kevin, I don’t know what the story behind it is but I will try my best to protect you—I will protect you, Dino.

End of POV

Kevin’s POV

I don’t know why Dongho became like this, he protect someone he doesn’t even know ever since. Did he forget that I’m his best friend and I’m his older brother (hyung)? Is it really worst to make a girl cry? But she did it first and she even act that she’s not Milly but I don’t care, I know what the truth is. I won’t believe you anymore Milly or Jiyeon! Whoever you are I don’t bother to know anymore.

End of POV

After Jiyeon gave the records of past designs and she’s designs, she decided to leave immediately. When she’s already outside, the tears start to shed once again—“Kevin, why? What did I do to you? Did I hurt you in the past? Tell me, explain to me—don’t hurt me like this.” She thought then someone grabbed her and hugged her. Jiyeon is in shocked but even though, she can’t helped but to lean on this person. Jiyeon started to cry and she even hugged back to this person. Then, the man started to talked—“Jiyeon, I can’t do anything but you can lean on me. From this moment on I will be your—pillow to keep your eyes shining” Jiyeon on the other hand, she just nodded with nothing to say but only thank you.