Final

Sometimes

               They were under the same company. She, the main vocal of F(x) and he, the leader of Shinee. When they first met, she was only a cute dongsang to him and he was the "oppa who sings really well" to her. Sometimes they practice singing together; their voices complimented each other or so they've heard. Sometimes he would bring her some water and said "good job" and she would do the same. Sometimes they would even steal a glance and smile at each other. Well, sometimes.

                As the years passed them by, he started promoting in other countries, when she stayed in Korea. Sometimes he would text her "Good morning Sunyoung-shi, have a nice day ^^" and she would reply "Good morning Jinki oppa ^.^ ~” And then, when both of them met each other after a long time, sometimes an "I missed you" would escape their lips. Sometimes.

                And more years passed them by. The glances were longer; the smiles, wider; the feelings, stronger. They knew they couldn't, but sometimes he was caught whispering in her ear or playing with her hair. Sometimes she would ask him to sing for her to sleep, and sometimes it was the other way around. Sometimes she would cry, and it broke his heart.  Sometimes he would say on television that he never loved anyone, and it broke her heart.

And so, more years passed them by. She went solo, and he went to the army. There were no more glances. No more smiles. Sometimes they would hear about each other. They went their separate ways.


                2019 - Strong Heart studio

                This week episode was featuring Luna, Onew and other artists as well. A rookie idol told about her love of dogs; some actor told the truth behind the cameras and on. When was Luna turn, she told the story behind one of her composed songs:

                "Love pain is one of my self-composed songs, that tells the story of a girl and a boy who couldn't have their happy ending, even if they love each other. They choose their dreams, not their love"

                "Luna-shi, is this your story?" one of the MCs asked

                "Well, I guess?" she told with a hint of blush in her face, laughing off.

                "well, you and the boy reach your dreams at least?"

                "yes, both of us achieve so much"

                suddenly, Onew, who was listening to everything with a dark heart, spoke: "you are wrong, Luna-shi"

                "why am I wrong Onew oppa?" she spoke with trembling lips.

                "Because after I met you, my dream changed. My dream became being a man who you could love and being proud to be with. A man who could protect you from any harm and never make you cry, like you did back then, or how you are doing now. I'm truly sorry for everything Luna-shi, I never, never meant to hurt you. I hope you forgive me one day"

                "oppa...I am sorry too, I was too selfish thinking only about me, ad there's nothing for me to forgive. Nothing that happened, or that did not happened was your fault."

                "omo, so, you are the boy of the song Onew-shi?" the MC asked

                "Yes, and that happened to be my story for strong heart as well. How my first love didn't end  so well, never expect Luna-shi to be in this program as well, much less telling the history about her song."

                "so you knew that the song was about the two of you?"

                "well, I had an idea. The song describes very well how our relationship went, so, yeah."

                "well, I hope that you can work out your relationship in the future" the Mcs told them

                "Me too." was the only response from Onew.


                After the show ended, Onew went to talk to her. They ended up going to a nearby cafe. It was close to midnight, so they were the only clients at that time.

                "Luna-shi, I am sorry about early, I shouldn't have exposed you like that! Now the tabloids will go crazy and-"

                "It's ok oppa, it is in the past now." she said with a warm smile, the smile that he had to lose, to realize how much it meant to him, the type who could brighten the darkest day. The type who make him smile right away, and so, he did.

                "Why you are smiling oppa?"

                "I'm happy we are talking like this, after all this years. I missed you"

                "oppa-"

                "Let me say this Luna-shi, I don't know if I will have the courage to say it later. I know that's been so many years, and you probably don't even like me anymore, but, I just want a chance. A chance to start again, even if it is to stay as friends." he said in a rush, he didn't even realize that the words came from his mouth. But he didn't regret, mostly because the beautiful smile didn't leave her face.

                "you can call me Sunyoung. Park Sunyoung." she said extending her hand to him, the smile never leaving her face as she spoke.

                "Jinki, Lee Jinki" he said with such a smile, that made his eyes disappear, and she couldn't think that he never been so handsome.

           


                And after 3 years, sometimes he would wake her up whispering sweet nothings in her ear; sometimes, with a kiss. Sometimes she would make his favorite chicken dish, and then he would jump around like a kid. Sometimes he would attempt some event for her; well, he never went very far with that. Sometimes. But there’s a thing that it is always around: love.