Minho's Dilemma

The Caretaker and The Child

His face ran through his mind for the second time that night. He woke up with sweat beading on his forehead. Getting out of bed to get a glass of water, he paused at the door of the younger’s bedroom door. He looked into the small room and glanced at the boy sleeping, the moonlight shining on his face. The elder sighed, “Choi Minho, what are you getting yourself into?”

 ~~~~~~~~~

Choi Minho is part of a five member pop group under SM Entertainment. Their group, SHINee, had debuted in 2006 and they had been working for a while now. Today started out like any other day: waking up at seven am, leaving the dorm by eight and arriving at the SM building at eight-thirty. However, SHINee had bumped into Super Junior a fifteen member pop group also under SM Entertainment. Cho Kyuhyun, the infamous Evil Maknae in the K-pop industry, was part of that group.

The two groups were very close and usually stayed in touch with one another. In Minho’s case, they were four out of the fifteen members that he were really close with; only because those four knew about his dilemma and how to go about it. Well, it wasn’t really a dilemma per se, but more of an unconditional feeling, one he couldn’t understand.

Kyuhyun had stopped holding Sungmin’s hand and kissed him swiftly on the head, saying he needed to talk to Minho. Sungmin understood and skipped between Eunhyuk and Donghae before they started another heated morning make-out session, earning a couple of whines from the two. Kyuhyun walked over to Minho who was fidgeting near the SHINee rehearsal room door. The elder led Minho away from his group and headed toward the end of the hall. Minho inhaled a shaky breath, trying to calm his nerves under Kyuhyun’s grasp. Kyuhyun sensed Minho’s nervousness and chuckled at his dongsaeng.

“Yah, calm down will you?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“I’m trying! Aishh, I don’t know why I’m always feeling this way when I shouldn’t be! I was raised not to feel this way about certain people…uh, no offense to you and Sungmin hyung or Eunhyuk and Donghae  hyung,” Minho quickly corrected himself, knowing all too well that is wasn’t the best idea to get on Kyuhyun’s bad side.

“No offense taken, hyung, but have you said anything yet? It’s been a year since you found out. I think you should get it over with and stop making yourself suffer. That’s what I did and look at how I and Minnie turned out,” Kyuhyun sympathized, patting Minho's shoulder.

“I-I’m not like you Kyu. I can’t be confident about this type of this. I’m just afraid I’ll be rejected,” Minho pouted. Seeing Minho like that, Kyuhyun pulled the younger into a hug, slightly his hair. Minho knew Kyuhyun was fond of skinship, so he didn’t think anything of the friendly gesture. Minho wrapped his arms around the slender maknae and gave him a tight squeeze before being interrupted by a small cough coming from the SHINee rehearsal room. Minho looked around Kyuhyun’s shoulder and immediately pulled away from Kyuhyun, looking down at his feet.

“Um, I hope I’m not interrupting anything, but Onew hyung wants to start now,” the orange-haired boy mumbled, looking anywhere but the end of the hall. Minho was about to explain, but Kyuhyun stopped him

“Don’t worry. I was just giving him some advice about…someone,” Kyuhyun explained, his eyes on Sungmin standing at the other end of the hall, glaring at Minho.

“He’ll be right-“

“Kyu! We need to start! Right…now,” the jealous bunny seethed.

“Babe, calm down. I’ll be there. I promise. If you want, you can wait right there,” Kyuhyun said to Sungmin, only making him pout more. Kyuhyun chuckled before turning back to Minho, placing both hands as his shoulders and looking him in the eye.

“Looks like both our girlfriends want us,” Minho’s eyes went wide before Kyuhyun continued, “I’m kidding! Minho, just tell Taemin you fell head over heels for him and see how things go from there. You should do it before it’s too late. You know what I’m talking about.” Minho nodded, remembering why he was freaking out about his dilemma now.

“Arasso, thanks Kyuhyun-hyung.” Minho sighed, smiling up at the elder before they both started walking back to where they needed to be. Minho watched as Kyuhyun opened his arms to the pouting bunny, who gladly ran into his arms. Sungmin wrapped his arms around his boyfriend’s slim waist and making their lips meet. It was the sweetest affection Minho had seen the ‘Evil Maknae’ display toward another human being.

“If they can make it work, I can too…right?” Minho thought to himself as he walked into the rehearsal room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

OKAY! so, here's the first chapter!! yay? lol. i'm sorry if it's boring and short, but this was going to be a short story anyway.  :3

i thank you all who subscribed and whope to see a lot of yummy lovely commments!! <3

the next chapter will probably be more dramatic and definitely more longer :)

                            so look forward to it & comment^^