Cuties

The Night Before Christmas

 

“It twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a hyung was stirring, not even a maknae. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Shisus would soon be there...”

“Leeteuk-hyung! You’re not supposed to edit the story like that!” Ryeowook shouted, shoving the reader playfully.

“It’s Jesus’ birthday! Let’s read the bible!”

“Shut up Siwon.” All was festive in the Super Junior dorm. Leeteuk was attempting to read to all of the members, though they were all pretty restless. He sighed and closed the book, refusing to try reading again; he had already tried reading five different books to the kids.

“Let’s just got to bed and wait for Santa. He won’t come if you aren’t all asleep.” The other members pouted and reluctantly got up and left, each of them walking to their room.

Eunhyuk yawned and grinned, getting up and stretching. He was pretty tired, but he knew he couldn’t sleep; he was way too excited for Santa to be coming. He began walking to his room, when someone grabbed his hand.

“Hm?” He looked around to see his best friend, Donghae blushing and smiling.

“Hey! I wanna give you your present.”

“You should wait until tomorrow! Then I can give you your gift.” Eunhyuk replied, wanting to sleep fast.

“But... I want to give it to you now.” Donghae pouted, holding out the box. Eunhyuk looked at it, finding it hard to resist the call of an early Christmas present.

“Fine, but wait! I want to give you yours too!” He smiled and ran off, grabbing the gift bag, and running back, gift wrapper flying everywhere. He held up the bag in front of himself. Donghae chuckled and held out his neatly wrapped gift.

“Here. Open mine up first please!” He passed it to him, feeling a little nervous suddenly. He hoped that his friend would finally get the message that he was trying to portray for so long.

Eunhyuk eagerly took the box and opened it, ripping the Christmas wrapping paper off and opening what seemed to look like a jewelry box. He took out the two necklaces and held them up next to each other, letting the box drop to the ground. Donghae suddenly wanted to hide, he was unsure of Eunhyuk’s reaction because he was staring at the ground the whole time.

“Hm...” Eunhyuk pondered, looking at the heart-shaped design. It was a connecting necklace, one had ‘Eun’ on it, and the other had ‘Hae’. He looked over at Donghae, who was looking at him, shaking. “Did the fans send something like this?” Eunhyuk questioned out loud without thinking. Donghae felt his heart break. He attempted to smile up at his friend, trying to hold back tears.

“Y-Yeah! Haha! Gotcha! Pretty weird, huh?” Donghae joked, rubbing the back of his head. “Well, I better head to bed. We want Santa to come, right?” Without waiting for a response from him, Donghae made his way back to his room, wanting nothing more than to be alone. He knew it would be hard, considering the fact that they shared a room, but maybe he could hide in the bathroom or closet.

Donghae sat on the bed, looking at the sheets. Where did he go wrong?  Should he have confessed straight out? Should he have done it earlier? Later? He frowned and rubbed his eyes. Some Christmas this turned out to be...

Suddenly, he felt something wrap around his chest, keeping his arms at his sides. Donghae stiffened, unsure of what was going on.

“Hey... I was kidding...” Eunhyuk murmured from behind him, placing his head on Donghae’s shoulder. Donghae got flustered and looked away from Eunhyuk. “I love it. Which one is mine?”

“The one with ‘Eun’ on it, you dummy.” Eunhyuk let Donghae go, only to put on his necklace. He then took the other one with ‘Hae’ on it and put it on Donghae, his soft fingers caressing the boy’s neck.

“Thank you.” Eunhyuk smiled, holding his best friend’s hand. Donghae smiled back before remembering something.

“Oh! What about your gift?” Eunhyuk stiffened, remembering the dorky shirt that he got for him.

“U-Um...” He chuckled before leaning in close. “I think I have a better gift for you now...” He murmured, before kissing him softly.