Scribble 001

Scribbles [HIATUS]

 

“Hello. My name is Kim Jonghyun and I will be joining this class from today. Nice meeting you all,” Jonghyun introduced himself with a bow, before straightening up and facing his new classmates with a friendly smile.

“Thank you very much for the presentation, Jonghyun. Now go and find a chair and sit down,” the teacher ordered, adding a small: “please,” before she turned around and started to write something down on the blackboard.

Jonghyun scratched his neck awkwardly, eyeing his teacher with a pout and then scanning the class room for the chair he was supposed to find and sit on.

Only two seats were available, however; one in the front and one all the way in the back of the class room, on the right side and near the windows. So to speak it was not hard for Jonghyun to chose, as he made his way through the class and towards the empty seat in the back. Halfway there, something made him halt and hesitate for an instant, however, and then a big smile appeared on his face, as he noticed a familiar boy sitting on the chair next to his appointed seat.

Smiling, Jonghyun sat down beside the boy, who lifted his head to look at him.

Lifting his hand, Jonghyun waved at him. “We meet again.”

The boy looked at him with big eyes, before smiling a bit and turning his look down again, busying himself with scribbling at a piece of paper. His reaction reminded Jonghyun about when they had met just earlier that day, before class started, and he felt his smile falter a bit.

“Hey, it is my seat you’re sitting in…”

Turning his head then, Jonghyun faced a relatively tall boy, who apparently just had succeeded in entering the class room without Jonghyun noticing anything. Jonghyun had to admit; the boy was quite handsome, but his huge eyes scared the out of him – almost.

But it did certainly not help that he was staring him down like that, however.

Jonghyun was just about to open his mouth to apologize, or something, when he thought he saw a movement beside him. Turning his head, the boy beside him was once again busying himself with scribbling something. Jonghyun could have sworn he just saw the other shake his head, however – was he mistaken? Remembering a boy, who surely looked like he was able to beat the out of him, was standing before him and waiting for some kind of comeback, he turned his head back again, just to notice that he had disappeared; now sitting at the former empty seat in the front of the class.

What in the world…?

The teacher suddenly stopped writing and turned around to face the pupils. “Um, you right there, what is your name again?”

Jonghyun was just about to think that she had her finger pointed towards him, until he figured that she in fact was asking the boy beside him. Turning his head to gaze at the other boy once again, Jonghyun curiously waited for his response.

But the answer never came from the boy himself as someone in the front spoke: “His name is Kim Kibum.”

“Well then, Kim Kibum, since Jonghyun hasn’t gotten his books so far, I will need to let him look by you for some time,” the teacher concluded. But Jonghyun was barely listening, as he was looking at the boy once more.

So his name is Kim Kibum?

Why is Kim Kibum not able to answer for himself?

 


 

Earlier that day, before class started, Jonghyun had found his way to the music room.

It was a bright oblong room, windows covering the opposite wall of the door, providing the room with a neutral daylight. The floor was covered with hardwood and the walls were painted amber. In the middle of the room a piano was placed, separating a customary stage on the left side, from a desk area used for actual education on the right side.

There in the center of the room, on a piano chair covered in glow from the windows, Jonghyun was seated with an acoustic guitar in his hands, with ease playing some few notes on it with his eyes closed.

He hummed, satisfied with the sound and the vibe emerging from the space. Stopping all his actions then, he enjoyed the silence for a second and allowed the pleasant heat from the sun to embrace him, as he sighed heavenly. 

Finally reopening his eyes, he got so startled, that he almost fell back over the chair, because right there in the doorway, a boy was standing, gazing at him with a bunch of papers in his hands. The boy was slender and maybe a little bit higher than Jonghyun. His skin looked smooth and his face consisted of high cheekbones, bow shaped lips, a button like nose and sharp feline eyes; all framed by silky black hair, with red streaks in his bangs.

All in all, Jonghyun could not help finding the boy handsome.

“Uh—hi?” Jonghyun greeted, but the boy just widened his feline eyes at him and his jaw dropped a bit.

Jonghyun could not help feeling awkward, though he had a clear idea about, why the boy reacted as he did.

The boy eventually composed himself and closed his mouth, instead of flashing Jonghyun a small smile, while he bowed polity as a greeting.  As he did so, some of the papers slipped out of his embrace, though. Jonghyun was fast to get rid of his guitar then, and before the boy even had gotten the chance to kneel down to pick them up, Jonghyun was already there and picking them up.

As he picked up the last piece, curiosity got the better of him, and he could not help himself to take a look at the papers he was holding onto. He did not get to see much more than some drawings and letters mixed up, though, before the papers was snatched away from him, and the boy hastened toward some student drawers, where he pretty much tossed the papers into one of them, and afterwards rushed out the room, not forgetting to bow at Jonghyun again, however.

“Wait!” Jonghyun shouted and hurried to stand up, but the boy had already left and then Jonghyun figured, that he did not even know why he wanted the boy to stay in the first place.

Heaving a sigh, Jonghyun turned to look at the drawer, which he knew the papers were laying in, but he was not the one to rummage through other’s drawers – was he? Biting his lips, he took a small insecure step toward the drawers.

Followed by another step.

And another.

Until he was standing in front of the drawer.

“Jonghyun!” The said boy jumped by the mentioning of his name and drew back from the drawer.

“I wasn’t even—” he started to explain himself, but stopped as the realization hit him hard and he turned around to face the boy, who had just mentioned his name. “Hyung,” he then muttered and grew a small smile.

The older boy smiled widely and entered the room. “I thought you would be able to find here.”

Jonghyun slowly retreated from the drawers and made his way over to Jinki. “Are you kidding me? I haven’t even found my own room so far,” he answered, and nodded towards his black suitcase behind the door as an indication.

“I’m not even surprised to be honest,” Jinki laughed, before he noticed the guitar on the floor. “But what were you even doing in here?”

“Oh—um—you know just testing the sound,” Jonghyun answered lamely and scratched his neck.

Jinki raised an eyebrow at his friend, not able to avoid his somewhat strange behavior. “Okay? – Well, class will be starting soon, so what do you think about meeting up afterwards?”

“Sounds fine,” Jonghyun replied happily. It had been a long time since he had talked with Jinki, seeing that they got parted from each other, when they graduated middle school, and Jinki decided to attend a boarding school – something Jonghyun definitely not wanted to until now, when his mother literally had forced him.

 


 

Afterwards, when class had ended, Jonghyun met up with Jinki once again. 

“I have to admit Jonghyun – I was quite surprised when you called and told me that you would be enrolling my school,” the older boy admitted, as they made their way down the corridor of dorm number three.

Mumbling, he then added: “I even remember thinking that you were just joking with me.”

Jonghyun just snickered bitterly by his last comment and replied: “I would wish I was just joking.”

“How comes?” Jinki asked and stopped up in front of a blue door – turning around to face Jonghyun with a frown visible on his face. Jonghyun could understand if his friend had gotten a bit offended and he immediately regretted his remark. Instead of he started to explain how his own mother had forced him to enroll some kind of boarding school, before he had to attend university – nicely suggesting the one Jinki attends too, as Jonghyun could not think so far by himself – because she thought it would be good for him to come away from home and away from certain people in his life.

“Well, Jonghyun, you mom just wants you the best,” Jinki replied once he had finished his speak. “Besides, you will certainly like it here.”

Jonghyun just hummed as a respond, sudden thoughts about the feline boy jumping into his mind as he saw what was written on the blue door.

Room 307: Kim Kibum and Kim Jonghyun.

“You might as well try to get the best out of the situation,” Jinki continued, not noticing that Jonghyun had disappeared into a world of his own. “Since you have to spend the year here—”

“Hyung,” Jonghyun cut him off carelessly, honestly not caring much about what he was standing and saying just now. He let go of his luggage and pointed at the nametag. “Do you know who this Kim Kibum is?”

“Kim Kibum?—Oh, you think about Key?” Jinki asked and nodded for himself before Jonghyun got to wonder about it. “Yes, I know that guy.”

“You do? I have met him two times; he seems interesting,” Jonghyun admitted and smiled for himself, feeling anticipation grow inside him. “What do you know about him then?”

“Well, he is—wait—how is Sekyung even doing?” Jinki suddenly realized that something was off with Jonghyun. “You know, the girlfriend, which you have been dating for almost two years by now – I’m quite sure that you guys are still together.”

“Um, yeah?” Jonghyun raised a confused brow at his friend, before revelation suddenly hit him. “Oh, you think—No, no it is not like that at all. When I said he was interesting, I meant that he seems special and I’m just being curious about him.”

“Aha,” he received a strange look from Jinki, who crossed his arms skeptically.

“Just tell me about him, will you please?” Jonghyun sighed defeated, almost whining.

“Well,” the older boy started and paused to think, before he even got the sentence started properly. “Kibum doesn’t speak.”

Jonghyun raised another brow at him. “He can’t speak?”

Jinki sighed before repeating himself, this time with pressure on the words ‘does’ and ‘not’ to emphasize them: “Are you even listening? I said he does not speak.”

Just then the door flew opened and Kibum sprinted out of the room; pushing Jinki over in the progress and causing him to fall down on his . Jonghyun was started for a second, as he tried to compose what just had happened. He looked down at Jinki, who petted his with a whine. He then looked down the corridor – towards the feline pretty boy, who once again was running away from him.

“Hey, Key!” He yelled and cursed, as he once again was ignored.

 

 


 

 

Legende: The first chapter is out! I hoped you liked it! Please comment and let me know what you think c: If you have any questions feel free to ask – then I might answer them.

Um, also, thanks to all who have subscribed! I really hadn't expected 40 subscribers just by uploading the fanfic c:

Anyway, I will try not to let you down! ~ and I hope I can get to update soon!