Frequently Asked Questions

1/3 Enchanted Writing Contest [CLOSED]

Q: Do you ship internationally?

A: Yes. Barring lost mail, if you win, you will receive your prize, even if it means shipping to Timbuktu.

 

Q: What if I'm not 90% sure about joining?

A: Wait until you are before signing up, haha. The reason I put that was because I really want a commitment from people. Because of the way the contest is designed, if a bunch of authors randomly drop out, that could mess things up. If, say, fifteen people total drop out and ten of those were in the enchanted ring category, that would be unfair to the participants other categories since they have to compete with more people.

 

Q: Will I be at a disadvantage if I write a oneshot?

A: No, not at all. It's a matter of quality over quantity. If you write a super long story, but most of it doesn't even focus on the enchanted object, that's not any better than a shorter and simpler plot that focuses closely on the enchanted object. Write a story that is as long as necessary to tell the tale, resolve the conflict, and develop the concept of the enchanted object.

 

Q: Can I include/mention either/both of the other two enchanted objects besides my assigned one in my story?

A: As long as your assigned object is clearly the focus of the story, then sure, go ahead. You can spice your story up some more.


Updated 2013-01-11