Umbrella

Umbrella

 

Jongin looks up to the darkening sky. Gray clouds hovering, sunlight slowly fading. He sighs. It is going to rain any time soon, and he forgot to bring his umbrella to school. Well, he never bring his umbrella, he doesn't have one. He uses his sister's umbrella most of the times, and now that she has moved to her own apartment, he can't find any umbrella to use. His mom bought him one the other day, but it broke, so he decided not to use it, since the weather hasn't been bad lately.

 

But he was wrong. He looks up again, and water starts pouring from the sky.

And now all he can do is either run home or wait until it stops. But there's a drama rerun he really wants to record and watch and it is starting in fifteen minutes and his house is 10 minutes away if he runs really fast. He groans and takes off his blazer to cover his head then starts running as fast as he can. He curses under his breath for the rain and for his own stupidity and umbrellas.

 

He curses more when he trips and fall on his knees. He stands up to check on his knees. His trouser is torn a bit. His left knee is bleeding. Great. The raindrops make it worse. It stings everytime the water falls on his scraped knee. He walks with a limp. Now he is never catching that drama. He stops walking because his knee hurts and he's just tired and cold.

 

Then he feels the rain stops pouring and something is shading him. He looks to his left, only to find a boy with big eyes and assuring smile holding an umbrella that is keeping him from the rain. It's his Math and English classmate,Do Kyungsoo. The boys smiles even wider as Jongin shoots him with a questioning look. Kyungsoo takes Jongin's hand, and gives him something Jongin can't really see.

 

"You're gonna need it." Kyungsoo says, eyes glancing at Jongin's knees. Jongin looks at his palm. It's a band aid. A pororo band aid.

 

Then Kyungsoo gives Jongin his umbrella, and Jongin takes it with hesitation. "My house is just few meters from here and you need it more than me." Kyungsoo reasons.

Jongin can't take his eyes away from the shorter boy, who keeps on smiling.He never really talks to Kyungsoo before and only sees him during their two classes together. Jongin only steals little glances at the boy sometimes, wondering about those big eyes and why they are that big.

 

And now he is wondering why Kyungsoo is lending him his umbrella. Even though his house is near, the rain is still pouring quite hard and Jongin sees that Kyungsoo's vest is soaking wet. But his smile never ceases.

 

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Jongin. Take care." Kyungsoo walks away and waves Jongin good bye. He takes the left turn and is gone. Jongins is left standing in the middle of the rain, clenching the umbrella handle tightly, eyes fix on the pororo band aid in his hand.

 

"Pororo.." he mumbles. "Krong is better." Then Jongin notices that the umbrella he is using is a Pororo and Krong umbrella. He chuckles softly at the umbrella.

 

"See you tomorrow, huh?" he glances at the left turn Kyungsoo took, smiles and walks toward his house. He forgets about the drama and keeps on thinking about Pororo and Krong and big eyes and wide warm smile.

 

"I guess until tomorrow then." And he thanks the sky for the falling rain.

 

--

a/n : my first attempt. I'm so embarrassed OTL 

Good bye world.