Wedding Dress

Wedding Dress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stared at the ring that she was holding. It was a simple wedding ring. A wedding ring that was supposed to belong to someone she loves. Without her realizing, a single tear was making its way to her cheek.

Every single night she prayed for this day to never come but God didn’t answer her prayers. She felt like everyone hates her, no one listens to her and no one cares about her.

She hated him. Im Jae Bum.

 

*

 

Jung Ah was getting herself ready to attend her best friend’s wedding. Her best friend, Jung Ah smiled at that thought. Her best friend is the girl she is head over heels for. The same girl was the one who stole Jung Ah’s heart and crushed it into a million pieces. Jung Ah’s best friend is none other than Kahi.

Jung Ah looked at her reflection on the mirror. She was wearing her bridesmaid outfit. It was a lovely and simple white strapless dress with a black belt around her waist. She looked drop dead gorgeous but she didn’t care.

She wasn’t even interested in knowing that she can turn all of the men’s head on the streets when she walks past them. To her, all of that wasn’t important. No matter how beautiful she look, Kahi was never going to take notice of her. Kahi will never fall for her because Kahi was going to get married today.

Jung Ah sighed.

“I guess it’s really over now, Kahi unni.” 

 

*

 

(Flashback, a year ago)

 

Jung Ah was getting ready to go out with Kahi for dinner at a restaurant that the two best friends love and have always frequented.

She couldn’t be bothered to put on a dress so she had a pair of skinnies and a flannel shirt on. Since she was too tired to be walking in heels, she settled with a pair of sneakers. Her hair was in a bun and she had her glasses on. Just the way Kahi likes it.

Jung Ah smiled when she looked at her reflection. She grabbed the small box that was on the table nearby and opened it. In it, was a simple wedding ring. Tonight was a special night and nothing was going to ruin it.

Jung Ah’s phone beeped indicating a new message. She read the message and hurriedly went out of her house with her purse.

 

*

 

The two had just finished ordering their food and was waiting patiently for the wine that they have asked for to come.

“So what’s the occasion for today’s dinner?” Kahi asked, curious as to why Jung Ah had suddenly asked her out.

“Do you not remember?”

“Remember what?” Kahi asked, even more puzzled.

“Five years ago, on this very day, in this very restaurant, was the first time we met.”

Kahi was surprised. She never knew Jung Ah would remember dates well because the last time she checked, Jung Ah hated anything related to numbers.

“Really? Wow. Time flies.”

“Yeah it sure does. Unni, I have something for you.”

Jung Ah took out the small box that was in her pocket. Jung Ah then got up from her seat and knelt down on one knee in front of Kahi.

“Jung Ah yah, what are you doing? Get up! This is embarrassing!” Kahi tried to pull Jung Ah up but Jung Ah refused.

“Kahi unni, I have thought about this. I know you have feelings for me. I am dying to make you mine. Will you… Will you marry me?”

Kahi was tearing up. She really didn’t know what to do. She has always felt something for Jung Ah but she pushed it aside thinking that it was foolish to fall for your best friend and to make things worse, your best friend is a girl.

“Jung Ah yah, I-I-I…”

Jung Ah had those hopeful look in her eyes and it broke Kahi’s heart even more because she couldn’t bear to tell Jung Ah that her boyfriend of six months had just proposed to her earlier today and that she had said yes.

“I’m sorry.” With that said, Kahi grabbed her purse and ran out of the restaurant. Since it was raining and she didn’t have an umbrella with her, the rain was pouring on her.

Jung Ah who was still in a slight daze, finally realized that Kahi had left her. She fell to her knees and cried while covering her face with both her hands. She couldn’t be bothered to chase after Kahi because she knew that it was pointless to chase after something that was never going to be hers.

Jung Ah forced herself to stand up and paid for the bills however, the owner of the restaurant pitied her and told her that it was on the house. She smiled and thanked the owner before leaving the restaurant. Jung Ah then walked home in the rain, not even caring that she migh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter