Come Back

Please Don't

 

Your eyes widened at the words. Married, they were getting married! Kangin and… and that girl. You couldn’t say her name, not even in your head, it was too painful. You merely put on a façade when they showed you their rings, the both of them flashing bright smiles at their proof of engagement. What else could you do but be happy for the both of them?

She pinched your cheeks and your nose in a lame attempt to be funny. You frowned at her actions and merely slapped away her hands. You shouted at her to not touch you like that again. She laughed. It was all just a joke to her, wasn’t it?

While you attempted to say something about it, Kangin appeared. You bit your lip and held back, knowing that he wouldn’t appreciate it if you were to voice any discomfort. He was a proud person, after all. Although, no man would like it if his to-be-wife were to be insulted, right?

The two hugged, talking about their future plans and the like. Feeling incredibly awkward, you walked back upstairs, not knowing what to do about the situation. You couldn’t possibly break them up right now, that wouldn’t be fair. Not like you were even capable of it, had you wanted it.

Driving her to the church, she kept trying to make jokes. You sighed and focused on the road instead. Even though you weren’t driving all too fast, and there wasn’t a lot of traffic, you suddenly found it a whole lot more interesting. Listening to her would only get you more hurt then you were now.

They were both dressed up. She was wearing a beautiful white gown, he was wearing a nice black suit. They were a perfect match, you had to admit. She twirled around for you and you gave her a thumbs up, smiling all the while. Deep down, though, you felt hurt. Why did this have to happen?

As she made her way towards where Kangin was standing, you silently watched. When the priest asked if there were any complaints at all, you secretly wanted to say something. Instead of doing it, though, you chickened out and secretly prayed, ‘please come back’. As the ring carrier, however, that wouldn’t have been such a good idea.

Trying to get some fresh air, you were suddenly jerked back by Kangin. He was practically radiating with happiness. He smiled at you, asking you to take a picture with the two of them. You really didn’t want to, and said something amongst the lines of, “I’m a bit emotional because of all the happiness”, he wasn’t convinced and dragged you along for a picture anyway.

She grabbed your arm and leaned her head on Kangin’s shoulder. You bit your lip and smiled for the picture.

Back home, you tore the picture apart. You shoved the piece with you over her so it was just you and him, and cried even more.

“Please, come back…”