Almost There: Jongin

A Decision to Make

Chapter 1:
J o n g i n
Almost There

Fansign8.jpg
 


"I'm on my way."

I'm not really on my way yet. I just woke up. That's what I always say.

"I'm on my way."

I only say that because if I don't, well, that would be a problem. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Ugh. What time is it? I entered the bathroom and showered. Once I was done, I put my almighty work clothes on and went down to eat breakfast. 

"What do we have for today?" I asked the noona who helps me by doing the household chores because I'm so busy. "Bacon." she smiled and placed a plate in front of me. "Kamsahamnida." I said and started eating. This is really good. I have to hurry, though. 

I just hope boss doesn't get mad I took too long. Oh. I checked the clock. 15 minutes before the meeting. I finished the food and stood up, grabbed my car keys, and got in the car. I checked if I forgot anything, luckily, I didn't, so I started driving. I don't know how, but even while thinking about other things, I can drive properly without killing a person. Unless I did want to kill someone. I think of driving as the time to think. I have different thoughts everyday, and today, I'm thinking about the meeting.

Another meeting. I sighed. What is it about this time? Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But seriously, isn't it a little tiring to have to see your boss almost everyday to talk about things though they could be saved for later? It's just irritating. Sometimes, he calls me to talk about things I already know. I think he's gay over me or something. No, I'm kidding. Anyway, yes. I'm on my way to work. And I'm pretty sure once I get there, people are going to tell me stuff like, "Hey, boss is waiting for you." or "There's a meeting." which just annoys me, because seriously, do they really think our boss wouldn't have told me that already? He always notifies us about meetings before we get to work.

I swear, once I step in the office and I hear them 'informing' me about the meeting repeatedly, I will murder them get in a bad mood. As I parked my car, I noticed that only a few people have arrived for work so far. I guess I'm early.

I walked inside awesomely and made my way to the meeting room. It's just our boss there. Shouldn't there be more people? Uh, whatever. Anyway, I closed the door and sat down in front of him. "So, Jongin, tell me, what is the current position of our company?"

"The third most trusted and successful company." I said. Did he really call me just to ask this?

"Exactly. We're close to being the second." he told me. I know that. "And so?" I replied, "All we have to do is work a little harder, you know." Yes, that's all we have to do to become second. Just second. Seriously. I don't think there would be a chance of us being the first in the list of most trusted and successful companies in Korea. The first in the list is the Jung's company. Their business is just really great, and I hope we could be like them, too.

"I know an easier way." he smirked, "Why don't we ask for help from the Jungs?" What? We don't need help. "And how would we do that?"

"Simple. You just have to date." he replied. "Excuse me?"

"Look, Jongin. You're handsome and I know you wouldn't want to fail this considering it's for our company." he looked at me. Well, of course I wouldn't dare to fail this. I've always dreamed of success, and I might have it now, but this is a great opportunity to be ranked higher than we were before. "Before I agree to it, tell me. What do you mean by date and what do I have to do?" I sighed.

"Simple. You know the Jungs have a daughter, don't you?" They do? "Daughters, to be exact." I didn't know that. 

"And?" I asked. "I need you to date one of them. You'll end up being close to their whole family and you can talk about the business with Mr. Jung." he explained. I'm not sure if I approve of this. I mean, what if the girl I was meant to date isn't pretty or something? Okay, maybe I am being choosy, but whatever. "Fine." 

"Good boy. I knew you'd do it." He chuckled, then patted my head. "How exactly do his daughters look like if I may ask?" 

"I heard one is a model, I'm not sure. But I'm guessing both do not look displeasing, so it's going to be all good." I'll be giving it a try then. "So, how do I meet them?" I sighed. "I'll be meeting someone in their office, you can come with me so we can talk to Mr. Jung. I heard he was nice." he said. "Okay. And when will we be visiting their office?" I asked. "Jongin, you're asking too many questions," he chuckled.

"But I'll answer your question anyway. We'll be going there tomorrow. Look your best, and don't embarrass our company."



I know it's short, but I'm really bad at the first chapters. Next chapter would be Krystal's point of view. Thank you to the subscribers! I've told someone I was going to update yesterday, but the internet here was too slow it was unbearable. Anyway, leave a comment! It would help!