Stay With Me

Stay With Me

Stay with Me

KhunToria, 742w

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If he was allowed to voice it out loud, Nichkhun would've probably admit that it had been hard.

They shared a lot of beautiful memories together for more than a year. Not seeing her felt so depressing.

Nichkhun thought that maybe the dull ache in his heart that had been nagging him for sometime now is just because he got too used to having her around.

Days turned to weeks. Then weeks to months.

And now that it has now almost been a year since WGM ended(and he thought how fast time flies sometimes), Nichkhun can't help but think that this isn't just because he was missing the lady - his wife (he only realized that's what he actually wanted her to be and mentally smacks himself for not realizing it earlier) so the next time he saw her, all logic flew outside the window as he wan't able to notice that she was actually at the other side of the road. WIthout thinking much, he made a run for it just in time when a car was speeding by - the trafficlight obviously turned green. There was pain but it took an aweful effort to even register it in. A curtain of  darkness came closing in slowly craddling him to unconsciousness.

It wasn't of course a surprise to see an IV drip on his right, and something attached to his arm the next time he opened his eyes.

At least I'm still alive. he thought.

But what surprised him was that, of all people, this lady would sleeping by his bedside. He couldn't help touching her. He missed her - not the normal kind of miss we casually tell our friends.

It was a longing - a desire of having that person by your side with every breath you take.

A longing that drives you insane.

A longing that causes sleepless nights depite those tight  and demanding schedules.

"Nichkhun-shi, pabo!"

He's glad to be able to see her this close but it breaks his heart to see the tears streaming on her face.

Victoria was droning how stupid it was to cross the street.

...that he should've been more careful.

...that she was worried as hell.

and that she wouldn't be able to handle it if he died.

Victoria was crying and Nichkhun realized something.

He might not be the only one feeling that way.

He glanced at Victoria who was now trying to dry her tears but her eyes were stubborn and continued generating fresh tears. It felt like he was being stabbed seeing her in distress. Moreover it was because of him - his stupidity.

It was impulsive but he didn't care. 

He pulled her close she was utterly confused as he held unto her like that pulling her closer the next second until their lips met, ignoring how her tears added up to the uncalled for kiss.

Nichkhun felt nervous. He mentally berated himself for not maintaining self-control. But what is there to control anyway? This is Victoria. Everything becomes out of control when it comes to her. He wondered to all those times she was affectionate to him. He wondered if everything was just fanservice - for work's sake. He wondered if those glances she gave him held meaning as much as how he threw his that were nothing but genuine balls of affection though it may not seem like it. He was after all holding back that time, trying to figure out his feelings. But now he is absolutely sure. But then how about Victoria?

Screw all those doubts. Screw everything! he thought. If Victoria's going to reject him, so be it. It just might be a little bit painful and would take long time to nurse the wounds it would create. He felt depressed at the very thought. But when Victoria responded to the kiss with equal passion, Nichkhun forgot all his worries. They pulled apart from the kiss and looked into each other's eyes, and he was sure, love was blazing in it.

"I love you." it was simple. He never knew how simple it would be if it truly comes from your heart and he knew she feels the same. "Stay with me, Victoria."

and it felt like WGM all over again...

except that, this time, it will be for real.