A Woman’s Instinct

Agent Hyoyeon III

2 years after her last mission…

“Hyori, breakfast is ready.” Hyoyeon called her daughter. She is Hyoyeon, the wife of Eunhyuk and a former agent. Her last mission is when she guards Go Ara. Currently, Go Ara is working as the scientist in Warrior Goddess Co.

Hyori, Hyoyeon’s daughter, enters the dining room.

“Eat your breakfast before you go to school.” Hyoyeon said.

“Umma, Christmas is coming. Where are we going to spend this Christmas?” Hyori asks.

“In your halmeoni’s house.” Hyoyeon said.

“Is appa going to spend Christmas with us?” Hyori asks.

“I still don’t know, baby. Appa is very busy.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyori became sad.

“Don’t be sad.” Hyoyeon said.

“Why is appa always busy working?” Hyori asks.

“Because he wants to give everything to you that is why he is working hard.” Hyoyeon said.

“Where is he now?” Hyori asks.

“He is in America. Tomorrow he will be here.” Hyoyeon said. “Finish your food then I will bring you to your school.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………

At the school…

“Listen to your teacher and be good.” Hyoyeon said to Hyori.

“Hyoyeon, Annyeong!” someone greets.

“Oh! Professor Sandara Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Hyoyeon greets.

Sandara is a scientist in WGCo. and also Seung Hyun’s wife. Hyoyeon is close to her because of BoA.

“Leo, greet auntie Hyoyeon.” Sandara said to her son.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo.” Leo said. Leo is the same age as Hyori and they are friends.

“Hyori, go to your classroom now. Later I will come back to get you.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ne!” Hyori said. “Goodbye umma, goodbye Auntie Sandara.”

“Bye.” Sandara said. “Leo, go with Hyori now.”

“Ne.” Leo said.

They watch the two kids get inside the classroom.

“Want to have a coffee?” Sandara asks.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

At the café…

“Kangta always calling Seung Hyun.” Sandara said while they are having a coffee.

“Really?” Hyoyeon said.

Kangta is the boss in WGCo. New York Branch and BoA’s husband. The two married again last two years ago.

“He always complains how BoA treating him. You know that BoA is pregnant and only a month before she gives birth. Kangta always bullied by BoA because she is sensitive during her pregnancy.” Sandara said.

“Every pregnant woman is sensitive.” Hyoyeon said.

“That’s right.” Sandara agreed. “Aren’t you planning to make a baby?”

“We have plans but my hubby is very busy. He always goes out of country and sometimes he stays in their dorm.” Hyoyeon said.

“But he didn’t have a mistress?” Sandara suddenly asks.

“Professor!” Hyoyeon said. “My hubby will not going to do that. You know his reputation.”

“I know but you yourself said that he is very busy and sometimes doesn’t have time to go home. Are you sure that he is staying in their dorm?” Sandara said.

“Professor Sandara, I know my hubby very well. There is no way he will gonna cheat on me.” Hyoyeon said.

“But just to make sure, you need to check on him. What’s the use of being an agent if you don’t investigate your hubby?” Sandara said.

“I don’t need to investigate him. I trusted him.” She said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

After the school hours, Hyoyeon and Hyori went to the mall. Hyori wants to buy gifts for her Halmeoni and her auntie (Eunhyuk’s sister).

“What do you want to buy for Halmeoni?” Hyoyeon asks.

“A scarf!” Hyori said. “And for auntie a pair of gloves.”

“Ok.” Hyoyeon said. “Let’s choose a scarf for Halmeoni.”

While Hyoyeon is busy choosing a scarf, Hyori looks around and she saw someone.

“Umma, I saw appa!” Hyori said.

“Huh? Where?” she asks.

“There!” Hyori said and points at the exit of the mall.

Hyoyeon looks at the exit of the mall but she didn’t see Eunhyuk.

“Baby, your appa is still in America. He will be back tomorrow so it is impossible that you see him here.” She said.

“But I really saw him.” Hyori said and pouts.

“Come. Let’s choose the scarf for Halmeoni and gloves for auntie then I will buy you a toy, how’s that?” she said.

Hyori smiled widely and nodded.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

On the next day…

Eunhyuk happily came home. “Hyori, appa is here.” He called.

Hyori quickly gets out of the room. “Appa!” she shouts.

Eunhyuk carried his daughter and hugs her. “I miss you, baby.”

“I miss you too.” She said.

Hyoyeon gets out of the kitchen. “Oh you’re here.” Hyoyeon said.

Eunhyuk puts down Hyori and hugs his wife. He kissed her on her lips. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too.” Hyoyeon said.

“Appa, umma bought me a new Barbie doll.” Hyori said.

“Really? Where?” Eunhyuk asks.

Eunhyuk sat on the sofa while Hyoyeon watches her daughter going back to her room to bring out the Barbie doll.

“Here it is. Umma bought her yesterday in the mall.” She said.

“Y-Yesterday?” Eunhyuk said. He became nervous.

Hyoyeon senses it.

“Ne! I saw you there but umma said that it is impossible because you are in America yesterday.” She said.

“T-That’s right, baby. How can I be in the mall when I am in America?” he said.

Hyoyeon looks at Eunhyuk. She feels weird and she can feel that Eunhyuk is hiding something.

“I smell burning.” Eunhyuk suddenly said.

“Umma, your chicken is burning.” Hyori said.

“Oh my!” Hyoyeon said and quickly go back to the kitchen.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Saturday…

Eunhyuk and Hyori went to SM Entertainment so Hyoyeon decided to visit her friend agents.

“Noona!!!” Taemin screamed when he saw her entering the Agent’s Department. He hugs her tightly.

“Not so tight, Taemin.” Hyoyeon said.

“Noona, I’m glad you came. Everyone bullies me.” Taemin said acting like a kid.

Taemin is the youngest agent in Hyoyeon’s batch that’s why he always acts like a baby.

“Annyeong Hasaeyo sunbae!” the agents greet.

Hyoyeon remembers the three male agents and they are Agent Baro, Agent Gongchan and Agent Dongwoon.

“Who makes the baby cry?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Noona!” Taemin shouts.

“You’re yelling at me?!” Hyoyeon said.

Taemin pouted.

“Where’s Agent Yuri?” Hyoyeon asks the three agents. Agent Yuri is Hyoyeon’s close friend in WGCo. two years ago, she pretends that she is in the enemy’s side to get information from the enemy.

“She will be back later.” Baro said.

Hyoyeon sat on a chair. She misses working there but there’s no way she will be back as an agent because she knows that it would only put her family’s life in danger.

“I told you that agents don’t have time for Christmas Party. Agents don’t have time to celebrate Christmas so they don’t have time for party.” They can hear Yuri’s voice coming to the room.

“In Canada, we have time to celebrate Christmas and even New Year.” A familiar voice said.

“Sunbae, you are now in Korea and here in Korea we don’t celebrate those events.” Yuri said while entering the room followed by a woman.

The other agents are watching them.

“Girls, every time I saw you two, you are always fighting.” Hyoyeon said.

The two women stop arguing and look at Hyoyeon.

“Agent Hyo! I’m glad to see you again after a long, long, long years.” The woman said and hugs her.

“Nice to see you again, Agent Ji Hyo sunbaenim.” Hyoyeon said.

Agent Song Ji Hyo is Agent BoA’s batch mate. The two used to be partners before Agent BoA fake her death. She is also Agent Yuri’s trainer but even though she is Agent Yuri’s trainer, the two always fight.

“Seriously, why you two always fight?” Hyoyeon asks.

“It’s because she always does what she wants.” Yuri said.

“I just want to have a party here to celebrate Christmas. This is my first time to work here but you are treating me like this. Remember that I am your trainer.” Song Ji Hyo said.

“You don’t need-”

“Stop it.” Hyoyeon said. “I came here to have a chat with you, Agent Yuri.”

“Oh! Is that so? Sure.” Yuri said. “Sunbaenim, I’ll be back.”

“Yeah. Yeah.” Song Ji Hyo said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Another woman?!” Yuri asks. She and Hyoyeon went to the rooftop of the WGCo. Hyoyeon told Yuri her problems.

“Yeah.” She said.

“But how can you say that Eunhyuk has another woman?” Yuri asks.

“An agent’s instinct.” She said.

“A woman’s instinct, you mean.” Yuri corrected her.

“It is just the same.” She said.

“Girl, what’s make you think that your husband is having an affair?” Yuri asks.

“Well, Hyori saw him in the mall few days ago but I know that he is in America that day so it is impossible that he will be here. Then, when Hyori told him that she saw him in the mall, his expression changed. And lately, he is always having a secret call in the middle of the night.” She said.

“Did he go home every day after work?” Yuri asks.

“Aniyo. He said he is always staying in their dorm every time their work ends very late and need to go to work early.” She said.

“How many times he go home?” Yuri asks.

“Twice a week but sometimes he doesn’t go home for a week.” She said.

“Girl, better watch your husband. I understand the kind of work he has but doesn’t have time to go home? That is really suspicious.” Yuri said.

“What do you want me to do?” she asks. “He doesn’t like me to do my agent skills to him.”

“You will just gonna do this to make sure if he is still loyal to you or not.” Yuri said. “So, what do you think?”

“I’ll think it over.” She said.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

After talking to Yuri, Hyoyeon went to the SM Entertainment to check on her family. She saw them in the lobby coming out.

“Umma!” Hyori said and runs towards her.

“Hello baby. Where are you going?” she asks.

“You’re just in time. We are going to have a snack.” Siwon said.

Siwon, Eunhyuk, Hyori, Hyoyeon, Sungmin and Donghae went somewhere else to have a snack.

“Appa, I want an ice cream.” Hyori said.

“Let’s order our snacks.” Eunhyuk said.

“Noona, let’s find a table.” Siwon said.

Siwon, Sungmin and Hyoyeon went to find a table.

While waiting for Hyori, Eunhyuk and Donghae, Hyoyeon took the chance to ask the two guys.

“Uhmm… When you guys went to America for a concert, did you all go back here together?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Ne.” the two said.

“But except for Eunhyuk.” Sungmin said.

“Except my hubby?” she asks.

“Yeah. He left right after the concert because he said he really misses you a lot.” Sungmin said.

“Why?” Siwon asks.

“Nothing.” She said. “Excuse me. I’ll just go to the rest room.”

Hyoyeon went to the rest room and calls Yuri. “Let’s do it.” She said.