What Happens...

What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas

She aimlessly walks at The Strip. Just walking around not really sure where to go. She stops for a second to look around the street. There she saw the famous fountain in front of Bellagio Hotel and Casino. It’s extremely beautiful at night with its light and water effects. She walks slowly toward the fountain. It really amazes her. Not wanting to leave the place without taking some pictures of the beautiful scenery, she searched for her camera. She finally found it but she accidentally spilled some of her stuffs from the bag. She starts picking the brochures from the floor when another hand tries to pick her remaining stuffs for her. She took her stuffs from the person’s hands and shoved them hastily back in her bag.

            “Thank you for helping me but I can manage.” She now let herself look at the person standing in front of her. Her eyes widened upon seeing the stranger. OMG!  He’s like a God from up above! She couldn’t say a word. She’s too flabbergasted to speak. Words are racing in her head but she can’t get herself to even mutter under her breath.

            “Oh, it’s ok.” She heard him say. All she could do is bow at him in politeness.  She feels heat rushing in her cheeks. OMG! I’m embarrassing myself in front of this hot guy. I need to do something. DO SOMETHING! She bowed again but this time, she manages to apologize to the guy who helped her.

            “I’m so sorry and thank you again for helping me.” She spoke as she looks him in the eye. She’s really embarrassed and feeling small in front of this guy. He’s like some guy in TV. He looks so perfect. It’s like he doesn’t have any physical flaw, his eyes gleams and sparkles, his nose is perfectly shaped in place and his lips is like screaming at her to be kissed. He’s like a God. No, to her, he is a God.

            It’s fine, really. And I’m sorry if I intruded on your business. I just want to help you out.” He smiles at her. God I can melt right here, really! Again, she turns red upon seeing the guy’s commercial-like smile.

            “Ugh! I am so rude. Hi, my name is Seunghyun. Nice meeting you.” He bowed and gave her the brightest smile that could turn that night into day. She flustered and politely bowed at him. “Hi, I’m Suzzy.” She bowed lower than ever upon hearing the guy’s name. He’s Korean. I need to be polite.

            Both of them felt awkward toward each other.  She then remembers why her stuffs fell off the ground. “Hey, uh, Mr. Seunghyun, Uh, I have to go. Um… Thanks again for the help. See you around?”

            She bows and bid him adieu. Holding the camera, she positions herself in front of the fountain. She took some photos of the fountain from different angles and views. She checks the photos from her digital camera. Smiling to herself, she closed the thing and is about to put it back inside her bag when suddenly, “Hey, want me to take a picture of you with the fountain as your background?”

            “Oh, I thought you already left, mister. Um, no thank you. It’s ok. Thanks for offering,” She smiles at him. He’s nice. “Well then, if you don’t want to, then can you take a picture of me in front of the fountain then?” He rummages through his backpack.  “Here you go.”

           His camera is the latest Cybershot from Sony. How I wish I have one. She took a few steps back. “Ok. One, two, three, say cheese!” She took a couple of shots. She feels like she’s photographing a model. This guy knows a thing or two about modeling. She thought. After a few second, she handed him his camera.

            “Thanks.” They smile at each other. A few minutes passed with them just admiring the fountain. To her, it feels like an eternity. Just standing there with someone she never thought would even want to be with her. To her, it’s like a dream. It’s like she’s inside her own dream at night except, this is for real.

            “So uh, are you with anyone?” He breaks the ice. “No. I’m alone on vacation here. I just want to be surrounded by people who don’t know me.” She blabs. “Oh, so you want to go around for a walk? Maybe play together in a casino or hit a bar and have some drinks together?”

            It hit her. Is this a date? God! Don’t wake me up. Please? Don’t make this a dream. THIS HOT GUY IS ASKING ME TO GO WITH HIM! If this isn’t a date, then what’s this?  She mentally slaps herself upon thinking such an absurd thought. How can a hot stranger ask her on a date? This is impossible.

          “Uh, hey… So what is it going to be? Is it ok with you? I’m not a bad guy. I promise I’ll take good care of you.” She can’t believe it. Again, she’s flabbergasted by this. And again, she couldn’t open to speak. So she just nods in response to the guy. She smiles weakly at him.

            “Let’s go?” He held out his hand to her. She took it with mixed emotions filling her heart. But tonight, it’ll be just her and him. So she shrugs her feelings off as they walk away from the beautiful fountain where he met his prince charming.