Kim Sun-Ji’s Story - Part 2

A Mother's Love

Sun-Ji woke up with a headache and an upset stomach.  As she tries to stand up, she felt the urge to throw up and she ran towards the bathroom.  After spending about 10 minutes laying her head by the toilet, she gets up to wash her face to only notice that she is very pale.

 

“Aish, am I getting sick?  Maybe it was something that I ate?” Sun-Ji thought to herself.  She walks back to her bedroom to lie back down on her bed.  She turns her head to look at the calendar, November 19.  Her eyes widen as she notices something, she didn’t get her period this month.  As she starts to panic, she can feel the sickness coming back and she rushes back to the bathroom to throw up.  After taking a shower and eating a light breakfast, she grabbed her jacket and makes her way towards the drug store.  She quietly walks to the pregnancy aisle and picks up a pregnancy test box.  Not paying attention to where she was going, she accidently bumped into someone, causing her to drop the test.

 

“Mianhaeyo” said Sun-Ji, embarrassedly as she bends down to pick up the box.

 

“Aish, watch where you are going, commoner!” said the woman.  She was tall and beautiful but her personality was dark and ugly.  Sun-Ji noticed that the woman was carrying a very high end luxury hang bag and had a stunning diamond necklace around her neck.

 

“M-M-mianhaeyo…” Sun-Ji whispered as she quickly walked away from the woman before she can be scolded at again.

 

Sun-Ji ran home, rushing to the bathroom to take the test.  She doesn’t know how to feel.  Should be happy? Scared?  Worried?  She paces back and forth in her bedroom, waiting for the results.  After what feels like an eternity, she makes her way towards the bathroom and stared at the test before her with widen eyes.  There were two lines, she was pregnant.  Tears were falling and she couldn’t tell if they were happy tears or scared tears.  She was pregnant with Yong Jae’s baby.  She quickly runs to her phone and starts dialing his number, she has to tell him the news.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Annyeong Haseyo.  Maybe I speak with Yong Jae please?”

 

“The young master is not home right now, he left with his father to bring home his wife.  May I ask who is calling?  Yeoboseyo? Yeoboseyo?”

 

Frozen Sun-Ji ends the call before dropping down to her knees.  “Bring home his wife? He is getting married?  Why, why did he lie to me?”  Sun-Ji sobbed uncontrollable while holding on to her stomach.  Her baby, her baby will be born without a father.  Flashback of her youth plays before her eyes, growing up with no parents to call her own.  Tears continue to fall and screams leaves .  Her perfect world is crashing before her eyes and there wasn’t anything that she can do to stop it.

 

The Kwons stood in the living room of the Nang residents, waiting to meet his wife.  Yong Jae cringle at the very thought of having a stranger becoming his wife.  He looks around the living room and noticed a huge picture hanging on the wall.  It was a picture of a young lady wearing the latest fashion clothing alongside huge pieces of diamonds and pearls.  “This must be her I guess…she looks like a spoil brat!” He thought to himself.  He looks at the watch on his hands, it has been almost an hour since him and his appa has been waiting.  Before getting lost more in his thoughts, the front door opens and a voice can be heard.

 

“Appa! You won’t believe what happened to me at the drug store today. I knew I shouldn’t have gone inside that low class place.  A commoner bumped into me….oh, Annyeong Haseyo” said Ho Sook as she realized that her father had company with him.

 

“Aish, my little girl!  Apologize for speaking so foully.  This is Mr. Kwon and Yong Jae-ah.  Your future husband and father in law.  They are here to take you to your new home.” said Mr. Nang as he grabs his daughter’s arm and brings her closer to the Kwons.

 

“Mianhaeyo!” said Ho Sook quietly as she bows down.

 

Yong Jae was sick to his stomach at the very sight of her.  Spoiled and rude, two things that his Sun-Ji was not.  She couldn’t even compare to his Sun-Ji personality or beautiful heart.  He rolled his eyes at her when she gave him a shy smile.  Mr. Kwon, noticing the eye roll that his son made, he smiled brightly at his new daughter in and law and welcomes her with a hug.

 

“Grab your things my new daughter in law, we will be taking you home now.”

 

Ho Sook obeyed and made her way towards her room.  Before climbing up the stairs, she took another look at Yong Jae.  “He is even more handsome in real life than the pictures.  I can definitely do this marriage.”

 

Yong Jae paced back and forth in his new bedroom, trying to figure out a way to get out of this mess.  He tugs at his hair, wanting to scream at the top of his lungs until a voice calls out to him.  A voice that he has only heard for the first time a few moments ago and it has already started to annoyed him.

 

“Jagi, what are you doing?”

 

“I’m not your Jagi and I will never be your Jagi Ho Sook-ssi.”  Yong Jae can feel the anger inside of him being to boil and he is trying his hardest to keep calm before he does something he will regret.

 

“Ani, you are going to be my husband so you are my jagi.  The quicker you love me, the easier this relationship will be J-A-G-I” said Ho Sook.  She smiled as she can see Yong Jae clenching his fist tightly as he walks out of the room.  She was going to make Yong Jae hers regardless he likes it or not.

 

It was Monday morning and Sun-Ji numbly walked out of her apartment and made her way towards work.  She hasn’t heard from Yong Jae at all and he didn’t show up to pick her up today.  She smiles a little as she rubs her stomach.  With or without Yong Jae, she was going to have this baby.  As she approaches the front doors of “Kwon Financial Institution” she can hear a lot of commotion coming from inside.  She opens the door to see banners and balloons everywhere saying “Congratulations!”  She kept her head down and quietly walks towards her cubical, hoping to not catch any attention. 

 

“Sun-Ji-ah, did you hear the good news?” Sun-Ji hears one of her peers asking her from over the cubical.

 

“Ani, what is the news?” Sun-Ji already knew what was going on, but to keep the relationship from being exposed, she happily played along.

 

Sajangnim is getting married and his new wife is here. They make such a lovely couple.  They are so lucky to have each other!  Have you met her yet?  Come on; let’s go see them so you tell them Congratulations!”

 

“Aniyo, I have a lot of work to do.  I’ll give them my wishes before I leave today.”

 

“Yah!  This is our Sajangnim.  Let’s go” Before she knew it, Sun-Ji was bring dragged towards the break room where a little party was going on for Yong Jae. One by one, Sun-Ji watched as the workers make their way through the line to give Yong Jae their wishes.

 

Standing in line, Sun-Ji can feel her tears building up.  It was almost her turn and she isn’t sure if she is strong enough to face him.  She can feel his stare but she is not able to meet his gaze.  The line continued to get shorter and it was finally Sun-Ji’s turn.  She brokenly stared into the eyes of Yong Jae, biting her lip to prevent her tears from falling.   She took in a deep breath and politely bows down to greet the new couple.

 

“Annyeong Haseyo Mr. and Mrs. Kwon Yong Jae.  I’m Kim Sun-Ji and I wanted to wish you both a very happy long life together.” 

 

Yong Jae stiffened at the coldness in Sun-Ji’s voice.  He knew that there wasn’t anything that he can say or do to make things right.  Yong Jae stood there, emotionless, staring at Sun-Ji’s face.  As if they were fighting without saying a word, Sun-Ji and Yong Jae stood there, just staring at each other with an intense gaze.  Her heart, broken by the sudden announcement of his wedding while she carries their baby alone.  His heart, broken because he hurt the one he loves while his mouth is unable to open and explain the situation.  A few seconds of silence had passed and Yong Jae’s was permanently imprinting Sun-Ji’s facial features in his mind.  Ho Sook noticed the tension between Yong Jae and Sun-Ji and wrapped her arm around his.

 

“Kamsahapnida.  I’m Nang Ho Sook, well now I’m Mrs. Kwon Yong Jae but you can just call me Ho Sook.”

 

Her voice brought them both back from their thoughts causing both of them to look seprate ways.  Sun-Ji turns to smile at Ho Sook, only to realize that she was the woman from the drug store.  She politely bows and turns quickly to walk away.  Ho Sook noticed as how quickly Yong Jae tries to go after Sun-Ji and she tightens her grip around his arm.

 

“If I find out that there is something between you and that commoner, I will destroy your company.” She whispered into his ear, making him stop in his tracks.

 

“If you dare touch her, I will destroy you and this company myself.” Yong Jae hissed low enough only for her hear.

 

Sun-Ji rushes towards the bathroom and locks herself in the furthest stall.  Tears streaming down her face as she holds onto her stomach.  She has to be strong; she has to be strong for her baby.  There isn’t anything that she can do now.  As she quietly sobs, she hears the bathroom door open and she quickly wipes away her tears.

 

“Yah commoner, are you in here?  I know you are! Come out and face me!”

 

Sun-Ji bites down on her bottom lip, trying to hold back her tongue.  She makes her way out of the stall to be glared down by Ho Sook.

 

“Is there something that I did to you to make you hate me so much without even knowing me?”

 

“YOU STAY AWAY FROM YONG JAE!  He is my husband now.  I don’t know what he ever saw in a commoner like you.  You are nothing and you will always be nothing.”

 

Ho Sook slowly walk towards Sun-Ji glaring at her ever feature.  No matter how much Ho Sook hates to admit it, Sun-Ji was absolutely gorgeous.  Standing toe to toe, Ho Sook pushes Sun-Ji, causing her to fall backwards, hitting one of the bathroom stall doors.  Sun-Ji quickly covers her stomach, making sure that she protects her baby.  Ho Sook eyes widen at what she saw and anger completely took over her.

 

“Y-y-you! Are you pregnant?” 

 

Ho Sook was disgusted that a young, handsome and rich man like Yong Jae will even touch a commoner.  Sun-Ji was in complete shock as she hears Ho Sook screaming at her.  Ho Sook raises her hands to slap Sun-Ji and before her hand can land on Sun-Ji’s face; her arm was stopped in mid-air.